This group of players

4 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

The injuries we're constantly getting don't help. Losing Iorfa & Bazza today for example. 

Missing Aarons and Lazaar also costing us big. 

Totally agree. Been brilliant since Bruce came. He has tried to freshen up the squad with some great acquisition's but again injuries are costing us.

6 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

The injuries we're constantly getting don't help. Losing Iorfa & Bazza today for example. 

Missing Aarons and Lazaar also costing us big. 

Without doubt.

Iorfa and Bannan getting crocked pretty much killed us today

I think that’s the last we’ve seen of Bannan this season 

Edited by McRightSide

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

The extra time period was unprofessional.  Players bottled it.  Our whole season thrown away in 5 minutes of madness.

Too many ‘comfortable’ players in the later stages of their careers on big wages.

Huge clear out needed this summer.  But given our finances I won’t hold my breath.  Gutted.

Unfair

We were chasing the game and Fletcher missed 3 sitters

Cant blame side for pushing for 3 points with 5 to go - season depended on it

What did you want us to do? Go out tapping ball around back four waiting for a draw? 

I think we were just unfortunate today. Villa were the best side in the first half but we were well on top in the second half and should’ve won the game. 

I’m not buying into the ‘bottling’. It’s been a mixture of poor management of the playing squad and the running of the club, bad luck with injuries to key players. If we had Bruce all of the season and had a fully fit squad, we would have been up in the top 6 as a minimum, probably top 4.

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees

Hector

Lazaar

Reach

Bannan

Hutchinson

Aarons

Fletcher 

Hooper

If only we would have had that side all season.

Joao and FF to do damage off the bench when Hooperman fancies some fries

I’d have Palmer in front of Iorfa. Ye, he’s scored a couple of goals but he looks very raw to me. Agreed about the rest of the side. That side would certainly get in the top 6 as a minimum and based on the quality of the championship this season, would probably be competing with the pigs and Leeds.

5 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I think we were just unfortunate today. Villa were the best side in the first half but we were well on top in the second half and should’ve won the game. 

I’m not buying into the ‘bottling’. It’s been a mixture of poor management of the playing squad and the running of the club, bad luck with injuries to key players. If we had Bruce all of the season and had a fully fit squad, we would have been up in the top 6 as a minimum, probably top 4.

I think the bottling is referring to a number of big occasions over the last few years, rather than just today

The one positive from today is to simply confirm to Bruce that we need significant changes to be a real threat next term.

As good as many think Fletcher and Hooper are they won’t get us out of this division.

As good as many think Bannan and Hutchinson are they won’t get us out of this division.

The same can be said for the majority.

A squad of honest players (in the main) but who just wont win promotion.  

Edited by GMOwl72

3 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’d have Palmer in front of Iorfa. Ye, he’s scored a couple of goals but he looks very raw to me. Agreed about the rest of the side. That side would certainly get in the top 6 as a minimum and based on the quality of the championship this season, would probably be competing with the pigs and Leeds.

We’re a better side with Iorfa in.

Agreed that it looks easier for Palmer to play, but Iorfa just makes us much more dynamic

Guest addedtime
2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Didnt deserve that today. 

We did. You generally get what you deserve. They hit the target three times successfully. We didn't.

1 hour ago, The Captain said:

The extra time period was unprofessional.  Players bottled it.  Our whole season thrown away in 5 minutes of madness.

Too many ‘comfortable’ players in the later stages of their careers on big wages.

Huge clear out needed this summer.  But given our finances I won’t hold my breath.  Gutted.

We didn’t play extra time....it was a league game

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

If that penalty had gone in, we'd be creaming ourselves about how our players bossed a talented and inform Villa side off the park.

Which we still did by the way.

Our team played fantastic today - just didn't go for us. Which is extremely irritating but that's fookin' football for you. 

My 6 year old son cried for 15 minutes non stop after their injury time goals went in. He simply couldn't understand how we'd lost the game. He'll get used to it. 

• Haha 1

You can't miss penalties in vital games.

We've done it a good few times now across a number of players over a few seasons and it's only one element of our fragility.  The second goal in injury time is another.

It's all well and good giving yourself the chance but the difference between nearly and doing are in key moments in big games and it's frustrating to watch.