This group of players

Cannot fault them for effort over the past 3/4 years. Some of them are very good footballers too. But they just lack that killer instinct and that composure in the big games. We’ve seen it time and time again. Fletcher misses a big penalty. Similar to FF missing pens against Brighton and Huddersfield 2 seasons ago. Just bottling it at the crucial moment. 

I thought each and everyone of them was superb today. But we come away gutted. 

Time to hit the reset and start again next season. Some big changes, sentiment pushed to one side and try and rebuild.

Didnt deserve that today. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I think that there’s something in that. 

Even though Hooper looks like an extra in Supersize Me it’s clear that he’s still our best player

18 months out and blowing out his a**e after 15 minutes yet he was still the classiest footballer on the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Cannot fault them for effort over the past 3/4 years. Some of them are very good footballers too. But they just lack that killer instinct and that composure in the big games. We’ve seen it time and time again. Fletcher misses a big penalty. Similar to FF missing pens against Brighton and Huddersfield 2 seasons ago. Just bottling it at the crucial moment. 

I thought each and everyone of them was superb today. But we come away gutted. 

Time to hit the reset and start again next season. Some big changes, sentiment pushed to one side and try and rebuild.

Didnt deserve that today. 

The vast majority of this squad has been together since Carlos came in. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Thats what I mean. The core of this squad have been together for quite a long time now. 

For me it needs starting again and tough decisions need to be made. 

The squad is stale ,and old. needs rebuilding . 

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

You simply cannot expect anything with squad players like fox...neg away

Why single out Fox. ? He is just one of many who arnt good enough and need to go this summer. 

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

As a collective they are mentally weak.

Disagree. All been superb since we finally got a proper manager in. Really just the pen that cost us, and not having a 20 goal striker.

Injuries are more to blame.

The extra time period was unprofessional.  Players bottled it.  Our whole season thrown away in 5 minutes of madness.

Too many ‘comfortable’ players in the later stages of their careers on big wages.

Huge clear out needed this summer.  But given our finances I won’t hold my breath.  Gutted.

Guest The Horse

If that penalty had gone in, we'd be creaming ourselves about how our players bossed a talented and inform Villa side off the park.

Which we still did by the way.

Our team played fantastic today - just didn't go for us. Which is extremely irritating but that's fookin' football for you. 

Just now, The Horse said:

If that penalty had gone in, we'd be creaming ourselves about how our players bossed a talented and inform Villa side off the park.

Which we still did by the way.

Our team played fantastic today - just didn't go for us. Which is extremely irritating but that's fookin' football for you. 

Thats the point.

We’ve seen it before with this group of players. Lacking that killer instinct at the crucial point. We should have won today, but we didn’t take our chances and got punished.