Big crowd Saturday?

On 14/03/2019 at 00:03, Holmowl said:

Bruce has stated his aim to get crowds up and the stadium buzzing. 

Saturday has has become a huge game. A season turner.

Blackburn are there for the taking, and a large vibrant SUPPORTIVE crowd would be a massive help to the team.

Look at their away form:-

Rotherham L 3-2

Brum D 2-2

Reading L 2-1

Brentford L 5-2

Could be a fabulous day and a fabulous springboard for the run-in. 

I might even get out of my armchair for this one...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, torres said:

It’s extortionate. Chansiri is a cretin for these prices. I’ve said before the FA should have a back bone and stand up to it, but they aren’t fit for purpose.

I do know a way you can watch it on the Kop for £20 a game though 

Season ticket ? Not an option for me at momenry

Crowds pretty steady unless we have something big to play for. I don't think a mid-table clash will attract a lot of interest. Now if we keep winning and we could actually make the play-off spots then it might increase. But the people who think 'ooo wednesday are doing well, i might go saturday, Let me just logon, HOW MUCH?? nevermind'. Might be a bit of a barrier to be honest. From my view point i have a 3 year season ticket and i have renewed for next season. But i have mates who are fans but don't go and just come occasionally. With the pricing this season they have not come. We were going to do Leeds but the pricing was appalling for a game on the TV. The pricing will have an effect over the years, you can get entertainment for dead cheap these days and i honestly think Wednesday need a re-think on pricing. But i might as well talk to the wall.

16 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Crowds pretty steady unless we have something big to play for. I don't think a mid-table clash will attract a lot of interest. Now if we keep winning and we could actually make the play-off spots then it might increase. But the people who think 'ooo wednesday are doing well, i might go saturday, Let me just logon, HOW MUCH?? nevermind'. Might be a bit of a barrier to be honest. From my view point i have a 3 year season ticket and i have renewed for next season. But i have mates who are fans but don't go and just come occasionally. With the pricing this season they have not come. We were going to do Leeds but the pricing was appalling for a game on the TV. The pricing will have an effect over the years, you can get entertainment for dead cheap these days and i honestly think Wednesday need a re-think on pricing. But i might as well talk to the wall.

I've heard we've given vouchers out to local schools this week for today's game, £15 adults and I think free for a child. 

17 hours ago, tarn owl said:

good points ,also we aint encouraging younger supporters to go in time our 22000 will be 20000 then 18000 ,nearly every club in the last 20 years has seen there support rise ours has declined ,we were getting 30000 a few years ago to watch the pub league now few of them come anymore ,ive said before we must have the lowest potg figures in the top 3 leagues as few as 1-2000 attend some games ,more supporters = extra revenue why is chansiri so short sited? who is advising him on this or is it he is too stubborn to change it. once some supporters have got out of the habit of going some never go again.  scrap all the price bands ,just have 3 and either half the membership prices or totally scrap it . who has paid £50-£100 for the privilege of getting a fiver off? the club now will have a job trying to get these supports back . 

12 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

good points ,also we aint encouraging younger supporters to go in time our 22000 will be 20000 then 18000 ,nearly every club in the last 20 years has seen there support rise ours has declined ,we were getting 30000 a few years ago to watch the pub league now few of them come anymore ,ive said before we must have the lowest potg figures in the top 3 leagues as few as 1-2000 attend some games ,more supporters = extra revenue why is chansiri so short sited? who is advising him on this or is it he is too stubborn to change it. once some supporters have got out of the habit of going some never go again.  scrap all the price bands ,just have 3 and either half the membership prices or totally scrap it . who has paid £50-£100 for the privilege of getting a fiver off? the club now will have a job trying to get these supports back . 

Average attendances were nowhere near 30,000 in pub league, we averaged just 17,000 one season, we averaged just under 23,000 in our promotion season.

I know what you are getting at but if POTG prices were say £20 on Kop £25 on North and South Stands I think we would have far less season ticket holders because buying one wouldn't save you much money and then when we're not doing well we would get less than 20,000 turning up.  

As for young supporters prices are very reasonable for season tickets and potg. 

17 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

We were getting 30,000 when playing in big games and challenging for promotion, soon as we do again we will be getting similar gates.

DC is not allowed to subsidise the ticket prices, we had cheap prices for the recent Brentford game, and the gate wasn't that high.  Success is what attracts the fans, Leeds are selling out with similar prices as ours.  

If it was that simple every club would be doing it.

I agree that prices should be looked at again but it's finding that right balance.  If anyone can find the right formula then I'm sure DC would implement it.  Email him.

55 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I've heard we've given vouchers out to local schools this week for today's game, £15 adults and I think free for a child. 

well my kids come home from school last month with vouchers to get them to watch the pigs for £15 per game and cant remember if it was a fiver or a quid for kids and it was not just for 1 game it was for at least the next 4 , torched them in the incinerator. but it got me wondering why they do so much to get them to go and we do nothing , if its right  what you've heard then the club are listening and it will bring more support in , but they wont come back