Big crowd Saturday?

11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It's definitely not too late this year. There's plenty of home matches left.

That line just smacks of I can't be arsed.

But what's wrong with that? i'd be far more arsed trying to get a wembley ticket than trying to get one for Blackburn at home, whats up wi that? 

33 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It's definitely not too late this year. There's plenty of home matches left.

That line just smacks of I can't be arsed.

Think it's been covered pretty well over the years.

Casual fans, once not engaged, take more than a decent run of form and an outside shot at the play-offs to part with £30+ against Blackburn Rovers.

That's just football/sport in general.

The crowd will be larger than a few weeks ago and if good form continues will continue to grow. Things were T  pretty low ebb in December and it has been a slow burner since then, grinding out performances and team slowly gaining confidence, we now look capable of scoring most games which was not the situation 2 months back. The season was written off in December and yet still battling on if we are still fighting after Stoke game crowds will start rise quickly at this point.

28 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

But what's wrong with that? i'd be far more arsed trying to get a wembley ticket than trying to get one for Blackburn at home, whats up wi that? 

If you can't be arsed to go to this then you shouldn't be allowed to go to Wembley.

Simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Looking at the games we have left and their significance, you’d expect crowds to rise significantly. Probably about 24,000 there on Saturday, but then we have Villa, Forest, Bristol City and QPR. Villa should be 30,000 if they get the full end, Forest will be 25,000 plus, Bristol City 30,000 if we’re competing for a play off spot (much like the Cardiff game under Carlos) and QPR 30,000 with it being last game and potentially being in contention.

Edited by Castleford Owl

Guest gizowl

Pricing is Chansiri downfall, 33quid for non members on the kop won't get the shall I shan't I flooding back, at the lane they've just done 4 games for 40quid and kids for 20. Put a offer on like last 5 home games for 100 quid on the kop, 125 on North, 150 in South. 

5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Pricing is Chansiri downfall, 33quid for non members on the kop won't get the shall I shan't I flooding back, at the lane they've just done 4 games for 40quid and kids for 20. Put a offer on like last 5 home games for 100 quid on the kop, 125 on North, 150 in South. 

It's ok for the Pigs!!

They don't have to pay for Abdi's holidays or Hoopers golf lessons!!!

The attendance will be pretty much what it has been all season. There'll be the usual hardcore of fans who finances and health permitting will support the club through thick and thin, the away fans and that's about it.

We couldn't sell the lower tier of the West Stand for the Sheffield derby and we'll not shift any extra tickets for Saturday even though the team desperately need out support.

What'll more likely happen is if we are in with a shout of the top 6 when we play QPR, all the fair weather fans will crawl out of the woodwork in order to get a ticket so they at least have some priority points should we get to Wembley but up until that point supporting their team probably isn't their top priority right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LiamAP22D said:

Nothing wrong with that but I wouldn't expect much sympathy if we do get to Wembley and you're one of those fans who appeared on here the last time we got to Wembley begging for priority points because you're struggling to get a ticket.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

What'll more likely happen is if we are in with a shout of the top 6 when we play QPR, all the fair weather fans will crawl out of the woodwork

Yeah but if there were more season ticket holders they wouldn't get one....lol

Mrs was looking to take three kids to the flicks on Saturday night. Tickets for an adult and three teens to watch Captain Marvel 3D in London works out to nearly the same as the same tickets for the Blackburn game. 

There I was thinking our tickets were extortionate - they're just v expensive 

4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If you can't be arsed to go to this then you shouldn't be allowed to go to Wembley.

Simple as that.

Wow lol just wow how many games do I have to go to then to be allowed to Wembley in your ideal world? bet your one that brags we took 45k aswell 

£30 for all POTG for the rest of the season would generate bigger crowds and bring in much needed cash to the club.

Instead 

Blackburn £33 - £39

Villa £39 - £46

Forest £33 - £39

Fans want to support the club but not at these prices.

We will be lucky to get more than 25,000 for the rest of the season at these prices.

We are averaging 24,000 this season, last season it was 26,000 that 2,000 over the season of 23 games at £30 each would have brought in another £1.4m on tickets alone not including match day spend on food, drink, programs etc. The club are being so short sighted with the whole pricing structure.