Big crowd Saturday?

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Nothing wrong with that but I wouldn't expect much sympathy if we do get to Wembley and you're one of those fans who appeared on here the last time we got to Wembley begging for priority points because you're struggling to get a ticket.

I'll not struggle for a Wembley ticket if we get there mate, I'll be there don't worry about that ;)

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

£30 for all POTG for the rest of the season would generate bigger crowds and bring in much needed cash to the club.

Instead 

Blackburn £33 - £39

Villa £39 - £46

Forest £33 - £39

Fans want to support the club but not at these prices.

We will be lucky to get more than 25,000 for the rest of the season at these prices.

We are averaging 24,000 this season, last season it was 26,000 that 2,000 over the season of 23 games at £30 each would have brought in another £1.4m on tickets alone not including match day spend on food, drink, programs etc. The club are being so short sighted with the whole pricing structure.

Agreed. DC has learned his lesson employing managers but seems so far out of it still with ticket prices.

Edited by Mountain Owl

If we did manage to get to Wembley  I reckon that anyone wanting a ticket would get one such has been the impact of Chansiri’s pricing policy. Our failure to sell out a Sheffield Derby suggests we may not sell out Wembley quite so easily second time around.

17 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

If we did manage to get to Wembley  I reckon that anyone wanting a ticket would get one such has been the impact of Chansiri’s pricing policy. Our failure to sell out a Sheffield Derby suggests we may not sell out Wembley quite so easily second time around.

We would sell all the tickets for Wembley.....no problem

1 hour ago, LiamAP22D said:

Wow lol just wow how many games do I have to go to then to be allowed to Wembley in your ideal world? bet your one that brags we took 45k aswell 

We took about 38k officially. It disappoints me actually we took that when over half of them can't be arsed on normal occasions.

Can't stand people who can make it to the matches but choose not but then expect to go to the big games. 

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We took about 38k officially. It disappoints me actually we took that when over half of them can't be arsed on normal occasions.

Can't stand people who can make it to the matches but choose not but then expect to go to the big games. 

You've answered yer own question mate...Its not a "normal" occasion...

Gillingham have taken near on 40k...Millwall...EVERY club has....Its simply what happens....

21 minutes ago, torres said:

We would sell out and could sell another 10k more 

Which drives me round the twist!!!!

I dunno how old you are mate...or how long you have been following the circus....

Ive got 55 years in.

When I was a free spirit..no mortgage, no bills, no kids no responsibility...I went everywhere...I wouldn't take a better paid job if it involved any compromise with The Wednesday..

I went 6 years without missing, home or away ..night or day..because that was my passion, its what I enjoyed doing and I could afford to do it..cos nowt else mattered.

I got married...That was great...She is an Owl..So it mainly carried on as before...Then we bought a house..We had a kid..We struggled for money..It went from every game..to all home games and the odd away...then it went to "Some home games and none away"..because you have responsibilities to something more than simply yerself....

Under those circumstances ...I still went to the "Big" games..It lasted a couple of years until things settled and I could get a season ticket again...Ive had a season ticket for decades, bar those difficult years...

Would I have done owt to get a ticket to Wembley during those difficult years?

You bet I would...and I wouldn't give a flyin' f.ook for anyone who slated me for it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I dunno how old you are mate...or how long you have been following the circus....

Ive got 55 years in.

When I was a free spirit..no mortgage, no bills, no kids no responsibility...I went everywhere...I wouldn't take a better paid job if it involved any compromise with The Wednesday..

I went 6 years without missing, home or away ..night or day..because that was my passion, its what I enjoyed doing and I could afford to do it..cos nowt else mattered.

I got married...That was great...She is an Owl..So it mainly carried on as before...Then we bought a house..We had a kid..We struggled for money..It went from every game..to all home games and the odd away...then it went to "Some home games and none away"..because you have responsibilities to something more than simply yerself....

Under those circumstances ...I still went to the "Big" games..It lasted a couple of years until things settled and I could get a season ticket again...Ive had a season ticket for decades, bar those difficult years...

Would I have done owt to get a ticket to Wembley during those difficult years?

You bet I would...and I wouldn't give a flyin' f.ook for anyone who slated me for it

Of course there are more important things than Wednesday, if I couldn’t afford to go I’d be nowhere near the club, My family always comes first to. 

Its not my issue, it’s the ones that have absolutely no intention of going or putting anything into the club until it’s a bit “glamorous” to go to the game. 

Its not just wednesday it happens to I know and its that mentality in general that drives me nuts.

I think it’s probably because it hasn’t stressed them to an inch of their life watching us get in that position in the first place, the result won’t make or break their mood and they’ll enjoy the occasion!!!

Lucky beggars, I’m just jealous!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torres said:

We would sell out and could sell another 10k more 

Which drives me round the twist!!!!

You need a hobby ...

A distraction ...

This is going to make you ill.

All this worry about something that's not really something to get uptight about ...

Slice of Cake Torres ?

• Haha 3

we wont get a sellout again until we have a home draw in cup to 1 of the top 6 clubs in premier league . it costs roughly £455 on kop for season little lower if on a 3 year deal ,at £30 which would be fair that's still be £690 to club if they came to every game . the membership scheme needs scrapping be interesting to see what sales figures are this season for it compared to 4-5 years ago when it was about £25 for membership. anyone with a football brain could easily get 3-5000 in extra this season by scrapping the stupid a-h bands and putting out through the media channels that we are affordable on a potd basis . we have probably the lowest figures in the league for supporters coming on a potd prices . must be down to 1-2000 for some games id guess most mid table league 1 teams sell more on that basis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You need a hobby ...

A distraction ...

This is going to make you ill.

All this worry about something that's not really something to get uptight about ...

Slice of Cake Torres ?

There's always the Ibbo memorial science section.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, torres said:

Of course there are more important things than Wednesday, if I couldn’t afford to go I’d be nowhere near the club, My family always comes first to. 

Its not my issue, it’s the ones that have absolutely no intention of going or putting anything into the club until it’s a bit “glamorous” to go to the game. 

Its not just wednesday it happens to I know and its that mentality in general that drives me nuts.

I think it’s probably because it hasn’t stressed them to an inch of their life watching us get in that position in the first place, the result won’t make or break their mood and they’ll enjoy the occasion!!!

Lucky beggars, I’m just jealous!!

Wednesday are all things to all folk mate....

They can be used as a distraction from life..They can be actual "Life"..They can be an hobby you dip in and out of..or a lifelong passion...

No f.ookers right or wrong about it

Thats why Wembley appearances bring the whole gamut out...The big games do...

I mean what the f.ook do folk want ?

14'000  idiots looking at eac other an' askin 

"Were you at Millwall 1987?"

We have what we have...We have more of it than most....rejoice in it

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

we wont get a sellout again until we have a home draw in cup to 1 of the top 6 clubs in premier league . it costs roughly £455 on kop for season little lower if on a 3 year deal ,at £30 which would be fair that's still be £690 to club if they came to every game . the membership scheme needs scrapping be interesting to see what sales figures are this season for it compared to 4-5 years ago when it was about £25 for membership. anyone with a football brain could easily get 3-5000 in extra this season by scrapping the stupid a-h bands and putting out through the media channels that we are affordable on a potd basis . we have probably the lowest figures in the league for supporters coming on a potd prices . must be down to 1-2000 for some games id guess most mid table league 1 teams sell more on that basis. 

How do you explain our cup games are 10 times more than that then?

1 minute ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Humble pie

:Sid:

You know how this rolls Blenks?

I bumped into Mowbray earlier today  I've done the "Trash" talk with him I've seen the formation it's nowt to be worried about ..

We will batter em ...

I left his office door open as I left 

All I could hear was nervous  laughing, 

I put him in a good place then 

Threatened him with Torres .

He's bricking it in truth ..

30 Fùcking thousand mental 

Wednesdayites !!!

True Story ........

• Like 2