Big crowd Saturday?

7 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Wednesday social media not really creating much hype for this game. Have they given up on the POTG fan altogether? 

So people need a social media barrage before they go to support the club?? 

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Dont need social media barrage as such, but it can’t hurt to get the fans fired up & wanting to turn up to see Blackburn get stuffed 

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Saving their cash as they’ll be willing to pay up to £400 each for a Wembley play off final ticket should the impossible dream happen!

But they can’t afford £30 to watch us at home.  Where will they find £100 for Wembley tickets?

2 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

Dont need social media barrage as such, but it can’t hurt to get the fans fired up & wanting to turn up to see Blackburn get stuffed 

Just had a quick look and Wednesday themselves have put 3 or 4 things on, the swfc hashtag is awash with play off talk, there is a real feel good factor at the minute (it never takes a lot).

One home game in the best part of a month against winnable opposition, surely if you’re a fan of the club you’d make the effort?

16 minutes ago, torres said:

You need to get with it mate. Clubs have a way of reaching out to thousands of supporters with a simple tweet. No harm bigging up the importance of the game and highlighting the reduced members prices, no? 

19 minutes ago, Plonk said:

But they can’t afford £30 to watch us at home.  Where will they find £100 for Wembley tickets?

I don't blame anyone for not going on Saturday at £30+ a ticket.

Yes I know its a big game to people on Owlstalk who supporting Wednesday is a big thing in thing but to casual fan its a lot of money to watch a bread and butter fixture on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

34 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

You need to get with it mate. Clubs have a way of reaching out to thousands of supporters with a simple tweet. No harm bigging up the importance of the game and highlighting the reduced members prices, no? 

There is a decent social media presence currently, no harm in this at all.

I hope it makes a difference 

1 hour ago, torres said:

Just had a quick look and Wednesday themselves have put 3 or 4 things on, the swfc hashtag is awash with play off talk, there is a real feel good factor at the minute (it never takes a lot).

One home game in the best part of a month against winnable opposition, surely if you’re a fan of the club you’d make the effort?

Yeah im not knocking the club, I was agreeing that the club using social media to reach out to extra ‘casual’ fans can’t be a bad thing. 

Get everyone fired up. If the crowd starts off hot, the players get the buzz

• Like 1

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Saving their cash as they’ll be willing to pay up to £400 each for a Wembley play off final ticket should the impossible dream happen!

and who wouldnt want to go to wembley over a home game v blackburn? 

2 hours ago, torres said:

it's about enjoyment mate, not making an effort lol if you enjoy something then it's no effort is it? next season you'll see a steady rise in crowd size again. it's too late this year.

Edited by LiamAP22D

3 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

it's about enjoyment mate, not making an effort lol if you enjoy something then it's no effort is it? next season you'll see a steady rise in crowd size again. it's too late this year.

I think it's a bit of both.

Sometimes you need that effort to make the trip (especially the last few years)

I don't buy the ''its too late this year'' line either 

8 minutes ago, torres said:

I think it's a bit of both.

Sometimes you need that effort to make the trip (especially the last few years)

I don't buy the ''its too late this year'' line either 

Why not? some people will have just decided, 'i'll go again next year'

Got to be about enjoyment mate, who goes to something regular they don't enjoy? and just carries on going and going? football is entertainment. if it's crap you stop going. 

10 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

Why not? some people will have just decided, 'i'll go again next year'

Got to be about enjoyment mate, who goes to something regular they don't enjoy? and just carries on going and going? football is entertainment. if it's crap you stop going. 

If every Wednesdayite only went when they enjoyed it  - we'd get about 7 people every week

• Haha 1