SYP

Guest Ash76

48 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

Totally agree 100% 

I've been to Hillsborough numerous times and it always ends up being the same. We used to be held back and then Weds fans would be sat/stood on the wall at the exit of Leppings Lane waiting. Last night they let us leave... but only into the car park behind. They then hold the away fans back. It all turns nasty every time i visit the place and is the reason I will never take my kids.

In the lead up to the game the SYP tweeted saying "Come and say Hi" to their officers.. I asked one after why we were being held in the car park as opposed to letting us exit, his response "Stand back". I asked again (i'm not asking in an aggressive manner), his response "Stand back, you're going nowhere". I asked again, he put his hand on his baton and looked me in the eyes and said "I've warned you to stand back".

How is that policing? How is that "Come and say hi"?

"Come and say hi" is their way of saying come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

Sounds like you fell for that one.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Straight after the nob head awards, have to give them a few years though as they had a large influx of votes for you on that one 

Given you a plus 1 for that. 

Leaves you on -473. 

Its progress. 

• Haha 5

Only way you can deal with it is by keeping United fans in the ground for 20 minutes after full time.

Hopefully, you can then move on the idiots within our fanbase.

It's a complete bottleneck around the lapping lanes end. 

Needless to say, I went the pennistone road way when exiting the North as I knew what was likely to follow. 

But yeah...SYP.

You have to laugh when you've got bloody helicopters flying around, drones and what not...and yet from what I've read, they completely ballsed up United fans exiting the ground. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Only way you can deal with it is by keeping United fans in the ground for 20 minutes after full time.

Hopefully, you can then move on the idiots within our fanbase.

It's a complete bottleneck around the lapping lanes end. 

Needless to say, I went the pennistone road way when exiting the North as I knew what was likely to follow. 

Absolutely. Either hold us back or make fans leave via different ends of the ground.It's going to cause inconvenience one way or another but it will keep the morons apart.

What I don't get is they're saying it's against human rights to hold them against their will in the safety of a stadium, yet will happily hold them against their will in an open air space with objects flying everywhere. 

Truly inept.

I exited the North by the Leppings because going round the back of the Kop and the south to walk up to where we park is awkward. Probably not a great decision but quite interesting. So difficult to see what actually is happening in this kind of situation but my take was that the way the buses were parked tight against the exits caused quite a lot of problems even if it prevented others. Seemed to be a pretty small number of scumbags on our side wanting to move towards the pig fans though no doubt the ones on their side wanting to get past the barriers were equally dumb.  The weird thing is that these were people in their 40s or even 50s.

2 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

Absolutely. Either hold us back or make fans leave via different ends of the ground.It's going to cause inconvenience one way or another but it will keep the morons apart.

What I don't get is they're saying it's against human rights to hold them against their will in the safety of a stadium, yet will happily hold them against their will in an open air space with objects flying everywhere. 

Truly inept.

Whichever way they do it there's going to be a point when the two sets of fans do meet and that's where the idiots looking for trouble will cause it.

SYP kept us in after the game at yours for the last two seasons, last year it was carnage as your idiots all congregated behind the police at that petrol station chucking bottles. fireworks etc. as we walked past. This season they actually got it right as there wasn't a soul about afterwards. Seems like they didn't learn from whatever they did there as it was back to their regular ineptitude last night by the look of it  (I leave the North by the Kop end and walked home through Hillsborough and didn't see any bother at all)

Guest Ash76
32 minutes ago, vulva said:

Given you a plus 1 for that. 

Leaves you on -473. 

Its progress. 

Hey that's fantastic, thanks for your help

26 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I exited the North by the Leppings because going round the back of the Kop and the south to walk up to where we park is awkward. Probably not a great decision but quite interesting. So difficult to see what actually is happening in this kind of situation but my take was that the way the buses were parked tight against the exits caused quite a lot of problems even if it prevented others. Seemed to be a pretty small number of scumbags on our side wanting to move towards the pig fans though no doubt the ones on their side wanting to get past the barriers were equally dumb.  The weird thing is that these were people in their 40s or even 50s.

It's just pathetic really isn't it. The buses parked there didn't help as that created a further bottle neck. You can understand the thoughts about it - put them directly outside so they could get on them quickly and easily enough. But then they held everybody back WTF:

24 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Whichever way they do it there's going to be a point when the two sets of fans do meet and that's where the idiots looking for trouble will cause it.

SYP kept us in after the game at yours for the last two seasons, last year it was carnage as your idiots all congregated behind the police at that petrol station chucking bottles. fireworks etc. as we walked past. This season they actually got it right as there wasn't a soul about afterwards. Seems like they didn't learn from whatever they did there as it was back to their regular ineptitude last night by the look of it  (I leave the North by the Kop end and walked home through Hillsborough and didn't see any bother at all)

They will always find a way. The ones that want the fight would probably find their way to each other. Penning people in puts the innocent ones that want no part in violence right in the middle of it all. There's no easy solution and the morons from both sides always end up ruining it.

To be honest though, and this isn't a dig. Don't know if you've ever been inside, but the away end and surrounding area needs a revamp. The concourse is too tight. Once you're in, you're in and there's no way out quickly. Glad i'm not claustrophobic -I got to the top of the stairs and my gangway was straight forward but you couldn't get to it, you just got swept away with the fans. Should maybe have all the bars and food stalls down the stairs under roof partitioned off.

There's nowhere to move up top. It's just not wide enough.

VideoCapture_20190305-113908.jpg

Edited by Class of 91

8 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

It's just pathetic really isn't it. The buses parked there didn't help as that created a further bottle neck. You can understand the thoughts about it - put them directly outside so they could get on them quickly and easily enough. But then they held everybody back WTF:

They will always find a way. The ones that want the fight would probably find their way to each other. Penning people in puts the innocent ones that want no part in violence right in the middle of it all. There's no easy solution and the morons from both sides always end up ruining it.

To be honest though, and this isn't a dig. Don't know if you've ever been inside, but the away end and surrounding area needs a revamp. The concourse is too tight. Once you're in, you're in and there's no way out quickly. Glad i'm not claustrophobic -I got to the top of the stairs and my gangway was straight forward but you couldn't get to it, you just got swept away with the fans. Should maybe have all the bars and food stalls down the stairs under roof partitioned off.

There's nowhere to move up top. It's just not wide enough.

VideoCapture_20190305-113908.jpg

You ever been in the away end at the lane. That’s a dump as well. And as for a hooligan bottleneck, the Lane is the worst ground in the league. 

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

You ever been in the away end at the lane. That’s a dump as well. And as for a hooligan bottleneck, the Lane is the worst ground in the league. 

Only when we're visiting, same can be said of Hillsborough, generally there's only trouble when Blavges or Leeds are visiting.

I'm sure it's difficult for the Police to control on Leppings Lane, (only open exit via Penistone Road from North would probably work, inconvenient for many but effective) but the huge presence elsewhere was imo overkill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Class of 91 said:

Which flipping idiots think it's ok to behave like this?

words fail me! utterly embarrassing. just ban the 2hats

not you is it Ash76 - the bloke at the beginning with his lad in tow? lol

and whos the shot putter, who can't manage to throw what appears to be plastic bottle over, deary me - give it up lad

• Like 1