SYP

Guest Ash76

11 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

As the OP has correctly indicated - most of the problems post match could have been avoided had SYP simply done as they said and held back Utd fans - allowing them time to disperse Wednesday fans from the area.

The police do not have the power to hold anyone unless they suspect them of committing a crime.   They can request fans to hold back but they can can't demand it.  

As a free man, you have the right to go about your business without being accosted by the authorities.  We do live in a free country.   

14 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

The police do not have the power to hold anyone unless they suspect them of committing a crime.   They can request fans to hold back but they can can't demand it.  

As a free man, you have the right to go about your business without being accosted by the authorities.  We do live in a free country.   

But we couldn't exit the South Stand via Leppings Lane. 

Isn't that against my Human rights? 

Or have I been deemed to have committed a crime?

Needs clarifying on what the Police are or aren't allowed to do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

No that's not against your human rights. 

On 05/03/2019 at 14:16, handworth52 said:

syp said they have nothing to do with how many supporters we allow in ground or time for game, cause they defo wouldn't agree to fri night derbies if they had there way , if we get a normal Saturday for games and we both have midweek games following week they cant make us play on a Monday ,just this week they aint a full program of league games but they will be next week . the most sensible time would be 12noon sunday little traffic ,hardly any drinking before game and most you would get is a bit of agro in a few pubs in town what can easily be contained . im sure sky could have moved that Watford Leicester game to Monday and we could have played at 12 on sunday. 

My understanding is that the police are not happy with any day time ko because it results in fan trouble in the city centre after the game. 

Night ko might cause trouble around the ground but this is a lot easier for them to contain. Any trouble in town before game is generally minimal as most people have jobs.

They are only really bothered about problems in the centre as trouble around the ground doesn’t last very long 

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

My understanding is that the police are not happy with any day time ko because it results in fan trouble in the city centre after the game. 

Night ko might cause trouble around the ground but this is a lot easier for them to contain. Any trouble in town before game is generally minimal as most people have jobs.

They are only really bothered about problems in the centre as trouble around the ground doesn’t last very long 

Brilliant SYP logic

It also has more chance of many more people getting drawn it and much more chance of innocent people getting hurt (either by the Hooligans or by the Police themselves.)

Guest Hirst1867
1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

Not true

The ECHR ruling preventing police from breeching your human right to freedom of movement can be temporarily revoked if police believe that it can prevent a potential breach of the peace

6 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Not true

The ECHR ruling preventing police from breeching your human right to freedom of movement can be temporarily revoked if police believe that it can prevent a potential breach of the peace

Wearing a loud shirt in a built up area constitutes said prevention 

"Book em Danno Murder one".....

SillyPoorHarvestmouse-size_restricted.gif

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2

Guest Hirst1867
3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Wearing a loud shirt in a built up area constitutes said prevention 

"Book em Danno Murder one".....

SillyPoorHarvestmouse-size_restricted.gif

Rightly so

10 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

The ground belongs to Wednesday they deem where people leave the premises or their agents.  I guess.  

9 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

Not true

I stand corrected but can they announce it days in advance?  Or does the decision have to made at the time when they suspect there may be trouble about to happen?