SYP

Guest Ash76

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

So they can only ask them to stay in tne ground but can forcibly keep over 100 cars in a car park while the road is empty just to wait 30 minutes for a few trams? 

Traffic law different to human rights law I guess

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

So they can only ask them to stay in tne ground but can forcibly keep over 100 cars in a car park while the road is empty just to wait 30 minutes for a few trams? 

See when we get driverless cars WTF happens then. 

Guest Ash76
57 minutes ago, vulva said:

Anyone know when the nominations need to be in for them Pride of Britain awards?

Straight after the nob head awards, have to give them a few years though as they had a large influx of votes for you on that one 

10 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

I don't think we've got much to come after launching objects on the pitch tonight.

Idiots exist in both sets of fans unfortunately, hope we find the prats in the North and kick em out for good.

I wouldn’t trust SYP to oil the spring on a pogo stick, they continue to go backwards, we’re there any arrests by the way? If caught and convicted the missile throwing morons should be banned from attending matches and made to report to a policed centre on match days, for at least five years. Someone knows who they are, there are probably photos of them throwing stuff?

As for the game Fessi wasn’t ready, Reach wasn’t up for it, our defence was superb, Fletcher didn’t get any support, but having said that the league’s super stars failed to score against us yet again.

27 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Can remember once at Millwall late 70's wednesday fans were forcibly kept in ground for 50 minutes after final whistle. Also used to happen frequently but not to same extent at other grounds.

8 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Police prob reason for low attendance, the gap between North and West was huge with a steward front line at each side,.. Totally needless. Hillsborough holds 39.000 yet 8.000 seats lost. Merseyside derby other night had hardly any segregation and a similar classic stadium had 39.000. Police fault or club? 

Because scouses don't want to start fighting one another unlike idiots in Sheffield, which makes it easier to police 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

SYP couldn't run a pi55 Up in a brewery. Their incompetence is well known throughout the country. 

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

They're an absolute embarrassment.

It's all for show; nothing more. 

You've got police decked out like stormtroopers and helicopters flying around the place like WWII. 

Let's call it how it is:

SYP - you are a garbage police force and, irrespective of who may or may not have been responsible, you right royally f00ked up nearly 30 years ago and we have had to deal with the consequences ever since. Your pathetic show of force tonight (or any other night) doesn't cover up for how utterly inept you are. 

Totally agree with all you have said.

What makes it more incredible is the fact that the police allowed the game to take place at 7.45pm when any potential trouble makers had  had all day to get tanked-up, yet for several years previously they had demanded early afternoon kick-offs.

It really beggars belief.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blatter said:

Two ways it could have been handled.

1. Announce and prevent North Stand exiting into Leppings Lane , OR 

2. Announce and prevent fans in Leppings Lane Stand from leaving for 15 minutes.

Just seemed like chaos in Leppings Lane with police wielding batons if only briefly.

It really isn’t rocket science to prevent this.

Other clubs and police forces between them seem to manage it quite easily and with less police numbers

Totally agree 100% 

I've been to Hillsborough numerous times and it always ends up being the same. We used to be held back and then Weds fans would be sat/stood on the wall at the exit of Leppings Lane waiting. Last night they let us leave... but only into the car park behind. They then hold the away fans back. It all turns nasty every time i visit the place and is the reason I will never take my kids.

In the lead up to the game the SYP tweeted saying "Come and say Hi" to their officers.. I asked one after why we were being held in the car park as opposed to letting us exit, his response "Stand back". I asked again (i'm not asking in an aggressive manner), his response "Stand back, you're going nowhere". I asked again, he put his hand on his baton and looked me in the eyes and said "I've warned you to stand back".

How is that policing? How is that "Come and say hi"?

At Bramall Lane they put up those steel walls to prevent us exiting onto Bramall Lane. They warn home fans via our website that there'll be no exit onto Bramall Lane from the South Stand or John Street stand. We're made aware of it in advance and whilst it's an inconvenience having to walk the long way around adding 10mins to the journey back to the car, it's only a handful of games per season. 

image.png.1ac2a3e84de9444cd16b232b64ca8915.png

Obviously if fans want to get there, they'll just run around the back streets and I realise this is much harder to do around Hillsborough as there aren't as many roads around the stadium but surely something needs to be done to allow both sets of fans to exit safely and quickly.

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

But they can hold fans back unsheltered in the car park. It's ok for them head to toe in riot gear.

A bloke next to us in the crush trying to get out just had both arms over his sons head (maybe about 9) as objects were getting hurled into us. You shouldn't have to shelter your son from bangers, coins bottles etc.

And then to top it all off, they tweet this:

Edited by Class of 91

Guest LittleG
10 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

I got to the chippy on leppings lane with our youngun about half 4 and there must have been 30 riot vans pull out from the ground.... And still they can't keep order

Half 4!!! Far too early for a chippy tea!