Steel City* Derby Cult Heroes

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

The Chief - Efan Ekoku. 2 Goals v Sheffield United in league Cup in 2000.

I remember a bloke I have never seen before or since hugging me like I was a long lost brother when he scored his winner

_1678650_ekoku300.jpg

Went on the pitch when he scored that night and grabbed him but he was reyt sweaty so settled for a cuddle with Derek Geary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

The Chief - Efan Ekoku. 2 Goals v Sheffield United in league Cup in 2000.

I remember a bloke I have never seen before or since hugging me like I was a long lost brother when he scored his winner

_1678650_ekoku300.jpg

Yes, I remember it well, I've still got your wallet.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, BigBlueDan said:

Ian Hendon

Was going to say the same. My first derby at Bramall Lane. I was in upper tier and was the first time I ever sat on (or stood next to) wooden seats. I think only other club I've been to with wooden seats is Burnley, and that was about 5 years ago.

Poor game. Can't remember their goal, but an Ian Hendon deflected free kick equaliser makes him a Wednesday legend for me :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Was going to say the same. My first derby at Bramall Lane. I was in upper tier and was the first time I ever sat on (or stood next to) wooden seats. I think only other club I've been to with wooden seats is Burnley, and that was about 5 years ago.

Poor game. Can't remember their goal, but an Ian Hendon deflected free kick equaliser makes him a Wednesday legend for me :biggrin:

Sheffield United goal was a penalty just after half time.

2 hours ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

Scored in the 1-0 win in 2008, JJ got sent off for a second yellow

Was that the one where JJ booted a water bottle into the crowd when subbed and they had to call him back to send him off?

2 hours ago, Owl At Risk said:

Adam Bolder worth a mention?

From his brief loan spell with us I largely remember him as a steady, if somewhat uninspirational player....but he was immense in that game at theirs the season before we did the double, when he got both of our goals.

You have me worried now.

i have absolutely no recollection of him playing for us or scoring two against the pigs...and it was only just over ten years ago....

i have barely missed a game for over 47 years as well so it’s not as if I wasn’t there.

i can remember Bob Bolders debut...but not that.

Nurse!!!

Edited by upperwinngardensowl
  • Like 1

On 8 February 2008, it was announced that Bolder would be joining fellow Championship side Sheffield Wednesday on a month's loan, which was later extended to the end of the 2007–08 season.[1] On 8 April 2008 Bolder scored his first goals in an Owls shirt, netting twice in the Steel City Derby against Sheffield United in a 2–2 draw.

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

You have me worried now.

i have absolutely no recollection of him playing for us or scoring two against the pigs...and it was only just over ten years ago....

i have barely missed a game for over 47 years as well so it’s not as if I wasn’t there.

i can remember Bob Bolders debut...but not that.

Nurse!!!

Remember this game well. Songo'o tore Geary a new one that night. Should have done the double a year earlier, if not for a OG and Beattie's FK