Hooper

47 minutes ago, Blatter said:

64 appearances in just short of four seasons really isn’t a very good record.

The Carlos regime probably didn’t help him but he’s been available for less than half the games.

I’d love to see him go on a scoring run this season, in fact he owes us that, but at 31 and in the club’s circumstances it’s hard to imagine

No.

83 apps in 3 and 1/2 seasons.

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

The manager?

Wtf are you on about Birley? You're getting worse man.

Bruce won't want to keep him

Be stupid to keep him and I'm sure Bruce agrees.

We need to cut the wage bill and people are advocating keeping someone who hasn't played for 14 months.

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We need to cut the wage bill and people are advocating keeping someone who hasn't played for 14 months.

He's said that he's a top quality player and pledged patience and time... same for Lee.

Guest Hirst1867
1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

If (and it's very likely) we are in an embargo we'd actually be stupid not to renew his contract.

Because we could only bring someone in on 75% of his wages, with no transfer fee. 

He's just returning to fitness, we've paid his wages while hes been out (through no fault of his own), he's definitely one of our top players when fit.

And you want to bin him??

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

He's said that he's a top quality player and pledged patience and time... same for Lee.

To be fair what else would he say 

“he’s a bit of a lazy waster and can’t wait to get him off the wage bill” 

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

Carlos & Jos were never managers; they were 'head coach'. The senior doctor reported directly in Katrien; not sure if that's change since Bruce took charge.

according to chansiri in his own words he said carlos is /was our manager not head coach , all player signings were given a list by carlos (from jan 2016 onwards)and carlos had final say over who they signed, the only thing carlos didn't do was decide wages/contracts . 1 things for sure steve bruce wont sign 20 players and only get 1 or 2 of them right . he came in as head coach without much or any say on players ie had nothing to do with joao,wallace,hooper,bannan,forestieri or hunt until chansiri disbanded the committee ire paul senior,glen roeder etc. steve bruce don't need any of that as he has endless contacts in the game just like he called rafa and got the 2 in. 

When Hooper & Lee get to the summer & they become free agents then it’s unlikely they’ll be inundated with offers in their current state. The club could offer to get them fit with the agreement we get first refusal if/when they get fit. This way we’re not paying during their rehab but we’re being as helpful as we can to two players who have been great servants to us in recent seasons whilst keeping our options open. There’s no time limit on this arrangement so we don’t have to rush to a decision.

Abdi, Boyd, Jones et al should be sacked off as soon as though.

611F4D2A-6344-4C43-9B95-80EA8811BE32.gif

23 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Nice visual representation of 80% of the transfers undertaken in the last 4 seasons.

That split second when you're directly over the centre of the airbag, but still travelling upwards.......

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

You clearly believe he is a lazy waster, yet here we are my offer on the table and no response. 

Not willing to put your money where your opinion is?

I honestly don’t have the faintest Idea what you are babbling on about. 

Type it again without sipping Brasso and I’ll get back to you 

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

When Hooper & Lee get to the summer & they become free agents then it’s unlikely they’ll be inundated with offers in their current state. The club could offer to get them fit with the agreement we get first refusal if/when they get fit. This way we’re not paying during their rehab but we’re being as helpful as we can to two players who have been great servants to us in recent seasons whilst keeping our options open. There’s no time limit on this arrangement so we don’t have to rush to a decision.

Abdi, Boyd, Jones et al should be sacked off as soon as though.

I once did a fart like that after Christmas dinner gluttony.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hirst1867 said:

If (and it's very likely) we are in an embargo we'd actually be stupid not to renew his contract.

Because we could only bring someone in on 75% of his wages, with no transfer fee. 

He's just returning to fitness, we've paid his wages while hes been out (through no fault of his own), he's definitely one of our top players when fit.

Are we allowed to renew his contract? Thought that was covered by the embargo too?

25 minutes ago, torres said:

I honestly don’t have the faintest Idea what you are babbling on about. 

Type it again without sipping Brasso and I’ll get back to you 

What are you sad about Torres?

I still haven't worked out why you're telling me things that SB hasn't said.

2 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

He hasn't played for 14 months.

Before he was injured I'd agree he's one of our best players, but there is no guarantee he is now.

Get rid at first opportunity we can, which happens to be this summer. He, along with Lee, have to go. With regret, but with dignity too before it gets really ugly for them/us.

2 hours ago, Hirst1867 said:

Does anyone know if you can renew a contract when under embargo? Isn’t it technically (re)signing a player? Don’t know the answer just curious as it puts a different complexion on the out of contract players

Can’t see Hooper & Lee getting new contracts, whether they are reduced terms or ‘pay as you play’ deals. They’ve been out such a long time with various injuries and they’ve had a number of operations. 

Like I’ve said and many others have said, it is a real shame and a body blow to us as a club and the players themselves. They have definitely been our most intelligent players and have been pivotal to our success over 2/3 seasons.