Hooper

Just now, 2roland2 said:

I just don’t want to waste an entire afternoon proving the same points I have with you about 13 times already , your  so blind to facts that you keep repeating the same things over and over and over and over in every thread.  Me and about 20 other posters have done this to death with you and your still the only one repeating the same testicles, if you think it’s true good on you, well done, and well done for sticking to your same points even though you have been shown multiple times how wrong you are.  I admire your stubbornness if not your silliness 

You have never proved anything just trotted out your flimsy conspiracy theories. But I do agree that we are going over old ground and we can draw a line underneath it.  Have a good day. 

28 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I don’t give a fizz

8 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Ok, I accept your defeat in good grace.  Have a nice day.

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

All of them if you want, now go away you bore the hell out of me go and peddle your love in with Carlos ad jos with someone else 

20 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Your struggling now. 

22 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Exactly the point I made last time you were defending Carlos and jos with bizzare decisions. 

They could both have murdered your entire family in front of you,  pulled down your pants and impaled you sideways with a huge tree trunk, pissed on you all and put you in a gimp mask in the corner for the next five years and you would still defend them blindly

26 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

And your point is?

Old Ladies Fighting GIF - OldLadies Fighting Old GIFs

On 27/02/2019 at 08:12, Beholder said:

Hooper is still the best player in the squad, and a better option than Forestieri in that position. 

On 27/02/2019 at 08:14, torres said:

Best player how???

He hasn’t been close to an appearance for 14 months 

at golf?

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2019 at 07:51, Shifty Powers said:

He has a really short time now to prove his fitness - he can’t afford anymore setbacks otherwise he will be released in my opinion. Time is ticking. 

I will leave it to Bruce to make a decision about him in the summer as I genuinely don’t have a clue what I would do. 

it'll already be made up, you can't launch any sort of challenge with cripples, players sat or laid on the treatment table are not the answer, a more 'gentile' form of football maybe calling one or two of our squad.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

You really are off your rocker pal, go and have a look at my thread with my boys Wednesday shirts. Your a very strange man, I have been up and down the country to places you probably wouldn’t have dreamed of watching us lol 

I've watched Wednesday at 80 odd grounds which ain't bad, if you have done more then fair play to you. 

6 hours ago, torres said:

You would offer someone with a terrible fitness record, who hasn’t played for 14 months, 30 grand a week?!?!

Do you work for Wednesday??

Same question back to you.

Hooper, Forestieri, Hutchinson. 

All 3 have similar records this last two seasons. In fact Hoopers is better believe it or not!!

I suggested a 15% drop in wage and a one year contract for Hooper, if he plays this season and is ok. 

What would you do with all 3?

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Really not sure how you can't see that Carlos rushed Lee, Hooper and Forestieri back for the playoffs in 2017 to the detriment of their well-being.

It is also no coincidence that the medical staff left a few weeks later either.

ive spoken to someone very close  to 1 of those players at the time , he was rushed back an given an injection so he could start training again ,didn't work ,he has been advised to retire some months ago ,I totally believe the fans who have spoken to the old medical staff regarding the rushing back of players . 

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

All 3 have similar records this last two seasons. In fact Hoopers is better believe it or not!!

I suggested a 15% drop in wage and a one year contract for Hooper, if he plays this season and is ok. 

well he aint on 35k a week that's what fletchers on.  he is on 29k a week lets just save those wages and move on. 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

well he aint on 35k a week that's what fletchers on.  he is on 29k a week lets just save those wages and move on. 

My point was different.

Use my £30k per week for easy maths - Cost of one season £1.5m.

Does well, sell Summer 2020 for £3m.

Overall gain to club of £1.5m.

Or sell him now, probably on a free or max £1m.

Overall cost £1m.

16 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We’ve got no option on releasing 2 of them. We have a chance to get rid of a blight on the wage bill with Hooper. 

30 grand a week for a bloke that has done NOTHING for 14 months is ridiculous for any club, one in our position it’s simply absurd 

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Exactly the point I made last time you were defending Carlos and jos with bizzare decisions. 

They could both have murdered your entire family in front of you,  pulled down your pants and impaled you sideways with a huge tree trunk, pissed on you all and put you in a gimp mask in the corner for the next five years and you would still defend them blindly

Apart from the murder bit, it sounds like a scene from my bedroom after me and the missus have downed some of my neighbors wine.

15 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The difference is FF and Hutch have contracts for next season so we can’t do anything unless somebody wants to buy them which is probably doubtful. 

The only opportunity a club has to get rid of players is when their contracts are up like Hooper’s.

It is an important decision for the club and could be for the player.

Personally I would not contemplate a new contract for Hooper despite recognising his ability because of his age and injury record. 

However Hooper will be looking for the last contract of his career and it won’t be a one year contract. I expect him to take a route abroad into a league which will put a lot less strain on his body.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

My point was different.

Use my £30k per week for easy maths - Cost of one season £1.5m.

Does well, sell Summer 2020 for £3m.

Overall gain to club of £1.5m.

Or sell him now, probably on a free or max £1m.

Overall cost £1m.

no player at this level at hoopers age ,wages , injury record goes for any transfer fee ever. a club takes a risk on a free transfer paying a player a big wage.  Scotland or mls football is played at a less intense level so a club like celtic might offer 20k   a week in wages and might think he could handle playing to a lower intensity .