Hooper

On 09/03/2019 at 18:54, james o connor said:

But he’s amazing if fit, can you imagine a fully fit hooper , it’s hooper we miss most. ....

no no you are right , he’s a crock and thankfully he will be on his way .

To be fair, like much of the team he was fine until coco got his hands on him.

1 hour ago, newbster said:

I really hope hooper can prove his fitness and earn that new contract... I mean nuhiu played well for 10 matches or so last season and was offered a new contract so why not hooper

Because Nuhiu has always been fit and not just had a recurring injury that kept him out for 15 months, and he wasn't on £30k pw and 31 years old.

It'd have cost more to replace Nuhiu than keep him,  and we were under embargo so couldn't have replaced him anyway. 

And "10 matches or so" was actually about 4 months.

On 10/03/2019 at 09:39, alanharper said:

Because Nuhiu has always been fit and not just had a recurring injury that kept him out for 15 months, and he wasn't on £30k pw and 31 years old.

It'd have cost more to replace Nuhiu than keep him,  and we were under embargo so couldn't have replaced him anyway. 

And "10 matches or so" was actually about 4 months.

Debatable whether we would want a fully fit nuhiu vs a half fit hooper

Guest Hirst1867
On 09/03/2019 at 14:09, kristmace said:

30+ league appearances 4 seasons running before coming here... definitely "proven" crock right there. 

they'll not like that in the tired old cliche brigade

On 10/03/2019 at 07:34, newbster said:

I really hope hooper can prove his fitness and earn that new contract... I mean nuhiu played well for 10 matches or so last season and was offered a new contract so why not hooper

I think there will be a big difference in wages, that said if he could actually get back in the pitch and prove his worth for 6/7 games maybe, but Im doubting it a little.

The the thing with Nuhiu is he puts the effort in, is almost never injured and carried us for most of last season to safety. 

So if hoops gets back for the last 7 games or so, scored a load of goals to fire us into scraping 6th place and into the playoff final to victory and  into the Prem.

Then by all means offer him a new contract.. If not we get rid and start the rebuild next summer. 

Guest Bulgaria

lol

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

So if hoops gets back for the last 7 games or so, scored a load of goals to fire us into scraping 6th place and into the playoff final to victory and  into the Prem.

Stay off the glue mate.

Edited by Bulgaria

When Hooper first arrived at Wednesday he didn't impress much on the pitch. Many on here were slating him: waste of money etc., and it was a couple of months before we saw the best of him. Clearly, he wasn't match fit when he arrived, and crucially, he seems to take longer than most to build up to peak fitness.

So even if Hooper makes the bench for a 15 minute cameo tomorrow (which I think is highly unlikely) he might just be reaching his best (notwithstanding any further injuries) as the season finishes.

I won't be getting my hopes up on Hooper delivering anything of note this season.

3 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

If Bolton have to throw the youngsters in it will just be like an u23 game so could be good for Hooper to get 30 minutes at the end possibly

Be happy if he gets a good 3 minutes, it'll prove his legs didn't fall off like Abdi's

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

When Hooper first arrived at Wednesday he didn't impress much on the pitch. Many on here were slating him: waste of money etc., and it was a couple of months before we saw the best of him. Clearly, he wasn't match fit when he arrived, and crucially, he seems to take longer than most to build up to peak fitness.

So even if Hooper makes the bench for a 15 minute cameo tomorrow (which I think is highly unlikely) he might just be reaching his best (notwithstanding any further injuries) as the season finishes.

I won't be getting my hopes up on Hooper delivering anything of note this season.

He looked the slimmest I've ever seen him on that recent training photo,. 

The 'playing for a new contract' scenario when you're earning 1.5 mil a year should never be underestimated.

I think if hooper gets another contract will determine on Bruce’s trust in him 

I honestly can’t see with the games remaining there’s enough time for hooper to get back to full fitness and then get match fit and then on form for him to warrant a new contract 

Even if he doesn’t impress or have an impact this year and Bruce offers him another contract I’d be happy to be hopeful we can get him back to his best because he’s probably our best player when fit and on form or a very hard case to be 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

We won’t see anything of Hooper before the international break

More than likely.

However we are thin on the ground striker wise, with only Winnall and Nuhiu fit. Reckon if it stays that way come Saturday, he'll be on the bench.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hooper is on the bench tomorrow either.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Howson saying that Bruce told him Hooper won’t be involved in the U23 match today. Really hope he isn’t bloody injured again. Would have been nice if Howson actually asked why he won’t be involved. 

He’ll be gone in the summer - sadly a crock now and will never be reliable from a fitness perspective.

..players who struggle to play 15-20 games a season won’t get us up