Hooper

9 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Here you go, just for clarity just so you can’t say you can’t be arsed to go back and search 2 pages. 

You didn’t quote me in it Einstein and £20!!! Wow you really are convinced 

• Haha 2

If Bruce wants a squad of 24 players I doubt he would want a player who has a bad injury record filling one of the places. He needs young fit players.

Shame cos I really liked Hooper.

13 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

So again, apart from this last injury that has kept him out ages , I won’t go into the hows and whys, what previous injuries have kept him out over his career, because there are quite a few posters stating this yet no facts , probably because you won’t find any.

plus you are making up stats again, 64 appearances are incorrect, but please carry on

Different sources do give different appearances it’s true, some including loan, sub and cup appearances etc, and I can’t give you a full catalogue of his injuries.

What I see though is that his highest number of appearances in a season was 29 in 15/16. Since then his appearances have tailed away from the lower 20’s to zero.

In the circumstances the club is in I would be amazed if a 31 year old striker with that record is even given an extension to his costly contract. One of the hard decisions Bruce has alluded to.

Is it then your own opinion he should have a new contract? 

10 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Different sources do give different appearances it’s true, some including loan, sub and cup appearances etc, and I can’t give you a full catalogue of his injuries.

What I see though is that his highest number of appearances in a season was 29 in 15/16. Since then his appearances have tailed away from the lower 20’s to zero.

In the circumstances the club is in I would be amazed if a 31 year old striker with that record is even given an extension to his costly contract. One of the hard decisions Bruce has alluded to.

Is it then your own opinion he should have a new contract? 

Spot on.

In terms of appearances vs. wages spent, he's been a shocker.

His Dad Roland posting on here won't convince me of otherwise.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spot on.

In terms of appearances vs. wages spent, he's been a shocker.

His Dad Roland posting on here won't convince me of otherwise.

Yep, think we have to be aware of, and be prepared for the management to react to, the circumstances the club has got itself into. 

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Yep throw away one of the most prolific strikers outside the top flight, we have already done it once a second won’t matter.

posters like you slam some of our transfer policies yet you would throw away someone who might actually make a huge difference with no transfer fee if he gets back fit again after the only main injury in his career. 

All this without even finding out if he’s anywhere near fitness. 

Football fans and common sense don’t often mix 

I disagree Mr Hooper sorry.

Awful injury record, extortionate wages, and the wrong age.

Best of luck to you and your family at your next club though, and thanks for your service. Some good memories.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

And I’m guessing I will be waiting even longer for old Torres to give me the answer on if he’s going to back up his views or not by taking my offer of the charity bet

Make it 2k and forget about charity, I want to take all your money Mrs Hooper 

• Haha 3

If we’re under an embargo then you lot are mad for saying get rid 

we won’t get another striker under our financial situation who is anything close to  being as good as Hooper 

How about we see how he does fitness wise between now and May, before making quick decisions? 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

we won’t get another striker under our financial situation who is anything close to  being as good as Hooper 

How about we see how he does fitness wise between now and May, before making quick decisions? 

The voice of reason! 

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So Torres after trying to start an argument in a rip thread you downvoted and changed, let’s bring our discussion here because that certainly isn’t a place to do it. 

Do you accept this bet then with an holding account? And also  why downvote an rip thread? If it was by accident then it’s an accident but to deny you didn’t and make it look like I’m making things up is silly. 

Yep, Mrs Hooper you are totally correct you need my help to look silly. 

Guest Hirst1867
15 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Are we allowed to renew his contract? Thought that was covered by the embargo too?

Maximum of £15k a week

Guest Hirst1867
14 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He hasn't played for 14 months.

Before he was injured I'd agree he's one of our best players, but there is no guarantee he is now.

Get rid at first opportunity we can, which happens to be this summer. He, along with Lee, have to go. With regret, but with dignity too before it gets really ugly for them/us.

Definitely worth a £15k a week 1 year contract extension with a clause to extend based on appearances. If someone betters that, let him go with our blessing

42 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Are you seriously suggesting that we should avoid making a premature decision with little to no knowledge of Hooper's recovery status in order to allow experienced football professionals to assess his fitness and make an informed judgement at the end of the season?

You must be new around here.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 5