Hooper

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I don't think the agent has the power to say they can't play. Especially if the player declares himself fit which he would do.

So all of a sudden the player is fit lol?  So he can play him.  If the contract says the player can't play unless the medical team passes him as fit then the club would be open to all sorts of legal problems.  Or am I missing something?

Just now, Mycroft said:

So all of a sudden the player is fit lol?  So he can play him.  If the contract says the player can't play unless the medical team passes him as fit then the club would be open to all sorts of legal problems.  Or am I missing something?

Eh? The player will always feel they are fit to play as it's there job. I'm sure Lee didn't turn around and say I can't play. 

I don't think there is anything of that sort in the contract.

The managers decision is final anyway doesn't matter what the player, his agent or the medical staff think.

Carlos ruined Lee and Hooper and you must be daft to think otherwise.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Eh? The player will always feel they are fit to play as it's there job. I'm sure Lee didn't turn around and say I can't play. 

I don't think there is anything of that sort in the contract.

The managers decision is final anyway doesn't matter what the player, his agent or the medical staff think.

Carlos ruined Lee and Hooper and you must be daft to think otherwise.

I reckon all you have is wild guesses and assertions.  Putting two and two together and making guesses to fit your conspiracy theory without a jot of evidence to back it up.   But then again it is OT where facts come to die.  

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Might as well have, I wondered how long it would be before you popped up defending our old managers ridiculous efforts of playing unfit players and leaving us with a list longer than penistone road of fizzed players. 

You really have not got a clue. 

Guest Grez Bez
43 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He's the manager. He is the head of everyone. He has final say. The medical advice is just that. Advice. It's just best to listen to them.

The manager is not the head of everyone. Only the players and 'football staff.

I'd offer Hooper the following contract. £2k p/w basic, £8k per game appearance fee (£3k pg if fit for selection and not selected), £5k goal bonus, £5k win bonus. Promotion bonus of £750k. If he isn't fit all season he only costs £104k (unless we get promoted and if we did the promotion bonus becomes irrelevant anyway). If he plays 30 games and scores say 12 goals and we win 18 (again arbitrary number numbers) the cost would be £494k if we didn't get promotion. This is slightly less than £10k p/w. This would be a massively incentivised deal and only starts to cost us more if he plays more, scores loads, we win loads but if that happens we are probably being successful and our income is increased. If we got automatic promotion and hooper miraculously played all league games, we won 25 (& drew enough for automatic) and he scored say 25 the cost then would be £1.472m ( which is not far off his current deal).

Maybe the bonus figures would need to be tweaked with a little but something along those lines would be my suggestion.

In fact I'd like all contracts for footballers to be done this way but while the players have all the power it'll never happen.

Edited by damianb1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Are you claiming that he overruled the medical team etc?  Wouldn't that be against company policy?  A sacking offense surely in this age of H&S.

Read up the gospel of Carlos: tactical periodisation and it's inevitable consequences on the well being of players.  It's very well documented. It's a poo or bust policy

Just now, Plonk said:

Read up the gospel of Carlos: tactical periodisation and it's inevitable consequences on the well being of players.  It's very well documented. It's a poo or bust policy

But does his gospel overrule medical teams, company rules, and contract clauses?  Not saying your wrong I just can's see CC thumping his desk and saying, "Your playing now take your sorry ass and your crutch otta here and I want three goals off you today".

17 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I reckon all you have is wild guesses and assertions.  Putting two and two together and making guesses to fit your conspiracy theory without a jot of evidence to back it up.   But then again it is OT where facts come to die.  

Likewise.

6 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

But does his gospel overrule medical teams, company rules, and contract clauses?  Not saying your wrong I just can's see CC thumping his desk and saying, "Your playing now take your sorry ass and your crutch otta here and I want three goals off you today".

Really not sure how you can't see that Carlos rushed Lee, Hooper and Forestieri back for the playoffs in 2017 to the detriment of their well-being.

It is also no coincidence that the medical staff left a few weeks later either.

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

But I'm not making the claim that CC is to blame you are and without any evidence to back it up.  I'm just putting plausible contrary positions to your claims. You could well be right but offer no evidence.  

Plonk has given some place where you can find the evidence.

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Really not sure how you can't see that Carlos rushed Lee, Hooper and Forestieri back for the playoffs in 2017 to the detriment of their well-being.

It is also no coincidence that the medical staff left a few weeks later either.

The team was on an excellent run up to the play offs but the clown knew better and decided to pick a team full of half fit crocks instead of those that were in form.

On 27/02/2019 at 08:52, Beholder said:

New contract? 

You are changing the subject. 

I did not mention new contracts. 

Why are you wasting your time responding to him? He can't understand any of the points you're trying to make. 

No matter how simple.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

Exactly the point I made last time you were defending Carlos and jos with bizzare decisions. 

They could both have murdered your entire family in front of you,  pulled down your pants and impaled you sideways with a huge tree trunk, pissed on you all and put you in a gimp mask in the corner for the next five years and you would still defend them blindly

Your struggling now. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Not at alll I’m jist not getting into another debate with you where you go around in circles for hours trying to prove the impossible even when it’s staring you in the face with facts .  

You should be sat in your corner right now listening to Carlos and his instructions for you.  

You have no facts just guess and assumptions.  The Sun or Daily Mail? 

10 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Exactly the point I made last time you were defending Carlos and jos with bizzare decisions. 

They could both have murdered your entire family in front of you,  pulled down your pants and impaled you sideways with a huge tree trunk, pissed on you all and put you in a gimp mask in the corner for the next five years and you would still defend them blindly

What strange fantasies you have .:Sid:

• Haha 2