If....

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

You could sit down and have half an hours chat with Jos...

What would you ask...?

I'll go first...

Why no Hutchinson?

I would say can I have your agents number cos if he can get you the Wednesday job I’ve still got a chance of starting for a premier league club at 42.....

worst manager in my lifetime - took us back 3 years minimum.

Edited by ka58

8 hours ago, ka58 said:

I would say can I have your agents number cos if he can get you the Wednesday job I’ve still got a chance of starting for a premier league club at 42.....

worst manager in my lifetime - took us back 3 years minimum.

In what way did Luhukay set us back three years or more?

After steadying a sinking ship last year, it's fair to say he quickly lost the plot this season, but I can't see how he did too much lasting damage? Almost all of our most pressing issues date back to Carvalhal's tenure: the woefully imbalanced squad; the complete disregard for P&S rules when signing our collection of injury-prone players on high wages; the lack of pace throughout our team; the hangover from two failed playoff campaigns...

To me, Luhukay's tenure feels like a slightly bizarre period of treading water whilst the club failed to address the bigger issues he inherited rather than an irreversible disaster: the only permanent signing on our books from Luhukay's reign is Pelupessy, which is hardly contributing too much to our current predicament; the players who were frozen out under him have been reintegrated into the squad and are available for Bruce to play...and yet the same problems which predated him still remain for Bruce to try and sort out.

We wasted a year doing very little to address Carvalhal's legacy whilst Luhukay was here, but it's still very much Carvalhal's legacy which needs addressing, as Luhukay did so little of lasting impact during his time here.

Guest Bulgaria

Hi Jos, who in the squad paps out the smelliest farts?

For some reason I think it's atty, is this true?

Edited by Bulgaria

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

In what way did Luhukay set us back three years or more?

After steadying a sinking ship last year, it's fair to say he quickly lost the plot this season, but I can't see how he did too much lasting damage? Almost all of our most pressing issues date back to Carvalhal's tenure: the woefully imbalanced squad; the complete disregard for P&S rules when signing our collection of injury-prone players on high wages; the lack of pace throughout our team; the hangover from two failed playoff campaigns...

To me, Luhukay's tenure feels like a slightly bizarre period of treading water whilst the club failed to address the bigger issues he inherited rather than an irreversible disaster: the only permanent signing on our books from Luhukay's reign is Pelupessy, which is hardly contributing too much to our current predicament; the players who were frozen out under him have been reintegrated into the squad and are available for Bruce to play...and yet the same problems which predated him still remain for Bruce to try and sort out.

We wasted a year doing very little to address Carvalhal's legacy whilst Luhukay was here, but it's still very much Carvalhal's legacy which needs addressing, as Luhukay did so little of lasting impact during his time here.

Was  Carvahal's legacy influenced by a naive chairman ? I don't think DC comes out if the last 2 years smelling of roses. 

More worryingly, we might yet suffer further due to his negligence.

All I know it is good to see signs of Wednesday playing a decent style of football again and winning with it

Lot easier to defend a lead at 3 Nil up 

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Was  Carvahal's legacy influenced by a naive chairman ? I don't think DC comes out if the last 2 years smelling of roses. 

More worryingly, we might yet suffer further due to his negligence.

No doubt. Ultimately, Chansiri is responsible for both Carvalhal's recklessness and Luhukay's inertia.

I'm hopeful that the appointment of Bruce signals a desire to start seriously unpicking the mess we've created for ourselves, though.

12 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I think I would conduct a mental health assessment as only some one with a degree of mental instability would leave our best players out of the team.

That's an odd backhanded insult from you .. with your declared career.

Edited by Costello 77