Adam Reach

10 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

The team will be built around reach next season

Sadly, that team will be called Wolves, Newcastle or Brighton etc...

Terrific player. Hope he stays, because with Bruce at the helm I see great things for us next season and Reach is our most important player, along with Bannan. But I will wish him well if he moves upto the Prem, leaving us a very handsome profit.

9 hours ago, oldishowl said:

He is managers dream.

Always available to play and can do a job all over the park.

Chairman’s dream too.

Hutch, Hooper, Forestieri, Lee, Abdi, Winnall, Matias - 3700 minutes combined all season.

Reach - 3200 minutes 

Rough cost of the named 7 players ~ £160k per week

Rough cost of Adam Reach ~ £40k per week

Plus, Reach will make us a handsome profit when he leaves. 

Of our 42 goals this season he has had a key role in 13, scoring 8 and getting the assist in 5.

Plays anywhere. No tantrums.

As Brendon Rogers would say, he’s a top top player. 

10 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

I've not been proven wrong. Reach is average 8 out of 10

games. He can't tackle, can't defend. Is poor at running down the wing into space. Scored two today but most probably will go

missing for the next half a

dozen games again. I hope he scores a bucket load between now and the end of the season purely so his price goes up. 

Would sell and we'll not even notice he's gone. 

I don’t know what you see in the rest of the squad but to lose our joint top scorer, whose also got the most assists and say we won’t even notice he’s gone is optimistic at best. 

15 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Reach scored 2 good goals then hardly noticed him again.

He is very much a paradox.

Couldn’t agree more. 

Annoyingly he seems far to happy to not be involved in the game, when someone of his ability should be demanding the ball. 

If Bruce can get into the head of him and Joao to get the most out of their talents we won’t go far wrong 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Chairman’s dream too.

Hutch, Hooper, Forestieri, Lee, Abdi, Winnall, Matias - 3700 minutes combined all season.

Reach - 3200 minutes 

Of our 42 goals this season he has had a key role in 13, scoring 8 and getting the assist in 5.

Spot on pal

Waddle could be lazy, and go missing, he only scored 10 league goals for the Owls, three less than Reach, who is only 26 and spent much of his early career being hawked out on loan to clubs that were far below his potential. Anyway his future will not be with us, he won’t win any caps as a Wednesday player, sad that it is, both Reach and Dawson deserve more than the pitiful slagging off that they receive, every time they try their best for our club.

Edited by optimisticowl

16 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Waddle could be lazy, and go missing, he only scored 10 league goals for the Owls, three less than Reach, who is only 26 and spent much of his early career being hawked out on loan to clubs that were far below his potential. Anyway his future will not be with us, he won’t win any caps as a Wednesday player, sad that it is, both Reach and Dawson deserve more than the pitiful slagging off that they receive, every time they try their best for our club.

You’ll never win with some fans.

There are people for who being “right” is more important than anything. So they’ll take a fixed position on a player, and refuse to change it, regardless of how the player performs.

Last season the lad carried the team on his back for months, while a load of them were hiding in plain sight.

This season he’s  had a couple of lean months by his standards Yet he’s still scored 10 from midfield in a very average side.

Edited by NYCOWL
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Chairman’s dream too.

Reach - 3200 minutes 

You were doing well but couldn’t resist your normal dig at FF

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Chairman’s dream too.

Reach - 3200 minutes 

I have to agree with the sentiment of your post about Reach giving value for money.  With respect to the wages do we really believe Reach could be earning as much as £40k pw? Seems an awful lot for a youngish, improving, Championship quality player.  

A couple of seasons ago I can recall remember reading an article on the Championship being by far the highest remunerated second tier division in the world.  At that time it mentioned the average annual Championship wage was £500k (£10k pw). 

Lastly with respect to Reach’s goals yesterday, both were great finishes on his left foot (whilst playing on the right).  I contributed to a thread last week about our propensity to play our wingers on their ‘wrong’ foot. Personally I still feel the default wing should be on your strongest foot, but Reach’s goals yesterday demonstrates the modern tendency to play wingers on the wrong wing. Probably never happened in Stanley Matthews day.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Chairman’s dream too.

Reach - 3200 minutes 

I came on to post exactly this (perhaps with less detail). Players like Reach are far more important to the club than many realise. Hardly injured, contributes, plays anywhere and has an outstanding attitude. He's a model professional and one of those not everyone can see the value of. 

• Like 2

On 23/02/2019 at 18:16, matthefish2002 said:

Reach scored 2 good goals then hardly noticed him again.

He is very much a paradox.

Largely because Swansea changed their formation in the second half to reduce the space we had been enjoying on both flanks. Also sticking him up top didn’t suit him i.e. playing with his back to goal. Still put in a shift closing and tracking. Affected the game again when reverted to wide left towards the end of the game. 

Wide midfield is his best position. His real strength is his running off the ball. He’s good at attacking the space created by “hugging the touch line” or by ghosting in at the back post for a ball delivered from the opposite wing. When in space he can deliver quality into the box. He’s done great filling in centre midfield but that doesn’t suit his skill sets nor does playing as a second striker. 

Bruce’s tactics really helped today. Reach and Lazaar played as a pair, supporting and covering each other. Felt a bit like the days of Worthington and King.

Nice to see Bruce instructing the wide men to occasionally switch flanks to keep Swansea guessing 

On 23/02/2019 at 18:03, Eightace said:

He is class but he is also one I've noticed goes missing a lot too. I'll never forget how he disappeared in the last home game against utd.

He may well be player of the season but I think we will sell him in the summer.

We need to add to the squad and losing him to bring 3 players in and we might be the better for it.

He wasn't the only one. Westwood, Lee, Bannan, Lees, Van Aken, Hunt, Jones, Wallace & Fletcher decided not to bother showing in that game. Carvalhal did his usual trick of playing Reach at left back which isn't his best position.