Adam Reach

I think it probably harsh to say he "neshes" tackles..I know he's not the strongest..but I reckon he always tries to.... "Do  something"... when winning a tackle...

Like nip it over the oppos foot and go past him...instead of ala Hutch who's sole intention is to clear the lot...

Thats the player we have, and lets be honest, its worked well enough this season...accept it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I think it probably harsh to say he "neshes" tackles..I know he's not the strongest..but I reckon he always tries to.... "Do  something"... when winning a tackle...

Like nip it over the oppos foot and go past him...instead of ala Hutch who's sole intention is to clear the lot...

Thats the player we have, and lets be honest, its worked well enough this season...accept it.

Nope. Neshes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably going to get 12-15 goals from midfield and some think he’s rubbish. He’s not the first winger and won’t be the last winger to go missing at times but he adds goals and assists from midfield which is essential for any team looking to make the play offs. He’s a fantastic player at this level. Ok he bottles tackles at times which is frustrating. Often the players that go flying in to tackles i.e. hutch are goal shy. It’s about having players with different strengths. If we had 11 Hutchinson’s flying into tackles we’d score very little. Likewise if we had 11 reach’s we’d concede a shitload. 

In summary anyone who who thinks reach is poor is blind, stupid or both.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't doubt that.

I just find it hard to believe that any Wednesdayite's response to a 3-0 lead would be to score points with some anonymous posters on an internet forum, rather than simply congratulating Reach and his teammates for their performance so far.

Not scoring points enjoying the win and the beer. What better time to remind the numpties, half of whom don't probably go to the match some stick.

Bolloccks to em, if they can give it they can av it.

His best game by far for about 3 months (first half he was brilliant) so i guess that means he's going to win the 2020 Ballon D'or.

I've been one of his biggest critics but that doesn't mean i hate him i would love for him to prove me wrong and live up to the potential that some people see in him.

Edited by s6 owl

I thought Reach was outstanding in the first half against Reading a couple of weeks ago actually. Today not actually as good, but I suppose ultimately far more effective with his two goals.

I've been impressed with Reach on the right this last month. He's come in and out of games, but any winger does that - and that's the point; he's actually been playing more like a winger on the right recently.

We just need to keep making sure we get him on the ball, but with the likes of Forestieri and Aarons, at least we don't have to feel as though he's our only outlet and if teams seek to play against us by stopping our most dangerous player from getting the ball, then it's great that we can have two such players on the pitch now because it makes it that much harder for teams to focus on attacking us when they're pre-occupied by stopping us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

His best game by far for about 3 months (first half he was brilliant) so i guess that means he's going to win the 2020 Ballon D'or.

I've been one of his biggest critics but that doesn't mean i hate him i would love for him to prove me wrong and live up to the potential that some people put on him.

All the trouble we have within our team/squad and it's staggering that some people want to slate Reach. I guess some people don't like been proven wrong.

• Like 1

I've not been proven wrong. Reach is average 8 out of 10

games. He can't tackle, can't defend. Is poor at running down the wing into space. Scored two today but most probably will go

missing for the next half a

dozen games again. I hope he scores a bucket load between now and the end of the season purely so his price goes up. 

Would sell and we'll not even notice he's gone. 

Edited by stanningtonowl
  • Like 1

Reach frustrates me.

But probably in a way a bit like Bright used to frustrate me (which seems comical looking back).

He got 11 assists and 4 goals last season, and 5 assists but 8 (league) goals already this season.

I've no doubt that we'd miss Reach once he's gone, just as we missed Bright.

• Like 1

Reach isn't a "tough guy", but when he's on, he's on.  Today he was on, or the opposition was off, depending on your opinion of Reach.  Either way, he netted 2.  I'd never bet against Reach, and so far, Bruce likes what he see's.   Reach continues to play 90+, in every match.

• Like 1