Jordan Lonchar left

2 hours ago, malek said:

Well, I wouldn't call scoring 40 goals in one season "nothing"

Huge gap between youth football and professional football.

Whilst it was very promising from Hirst, it certainly increased hype around him when he’d actually done nothing at professional level. That year out has done him no favours too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Huge gap between youth football and professional football.

Whilst it was very promising from Hirst, it certainly increased hype around him when he’d actually done nothing at professional level. That year out has done him no favours too.

He could do no more than score at every level. Was never given a chance at first team level

Just now, BigBlueDan said:

He could do no more than score at every level. Was never given a chance at first team level

Maybe there was a reason? Can’t make the bench for a struggling OH Leuven side at the bottom of the Belgian 2nd League. 

I hope Hirst can fulfill his potential for his own sake, but he still needs to prove himself at professional level. I think he’s gone the wrong way about it. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

If it turns out young Hirst is crap, his advisors have actually played a blinder as he's got that 5 year contract as you say, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was around £7-10k a week. So, his advisors could well have made him a multi-millionaire on the back of a load of hysteria from some of our fans - and a decent spell for England youth!

One way of looking at it, but in 20 years time, if/when young Hirst is coaching at a level befitting of an ex-player with an undistinguished playing career, do you think he'll look back and thank his advisors for turning him from crap player to temporary millionaire? Or will he think "if only..."? 

A failed (and let's be fair, he hasn't failed yet) footballer has a long time to live with his regrets.

On 18/02/2019 at 07:52, AwokenGiant said:

Had some of my best years in Meadowhall League - maybe, not all bad for the lad. 

Im sure Kyle McFazdean left United and played for Frecheville in the Meadowhall League for a bit before signing for Crawley and then Burton? 

Like ive said before our youth system has been a joke for 40 years now ,in that time a small handful of players have come through but mostly not at a high level ,how many more years will it be before we get players coming though? The year 2100? For our club to go forward we have to sort it. I thought the young lad looked like he had the most promise whats gone wrong? And our u23s now are next to bottom of there league so clearly these lads aint ready for stepping up into league football.

21 hours ago, Quist said:

Hirst is no longer in match day squad for his team. Since Pearson was sacked he has not featured at all. In last game they had best result of season and are now off the bottom of league.

The standard of Belgian second tear is about same as National League and his record of 2 goals in 18 games is not going to send scouts racing to see him. He is on 5 year contract and presumably it was at a decent level so unlikely many will want to offer similar terms. 

I think he has not been best advised and whatever talent he has or future in game are not best served by some of decisions made.

oh dear! 

11 hours ago, BigBlueDan said:

Maybe, but it's fair to say he never got a chance here at the next level 

His own fault, or his advisors fault for me. I can understand why he was annoyed when Rhodes and Winnall signed. His pathway to the first team was even harder. Instead of looking for a move and demanding more money, perhaps he should have just kept working hard and scoring goals? Instead he fell out with the club who had given him everything in his career so far.

The irony is if he stayed focused and kept banging them in for our under 23s he would have most definitely had a chance under Jos. All the injuries we had last season and Luhukay’s policy of giving youngsters ago, Hirst may well have been  an established first teamer like Thorniley by now. 

A case of wanting too much to young for me. He’s only just turned 20. He kicked up a fuss aged 18. Absolutely ludicrous, the lad still has so much to prove in football. 

21 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His own fault, or his advisors fault for me. I can understand why he was annoyed when Rhodes and Winnall signed. His pathway to the first team was even harder. Instead of looking for a move and demanding more money, perhaps he should have just kept working hard and scoring goals? Instead he fell out with the club who had given him everything in his career so far.

The irony is if he stayed focused and kept banging them in for our under 23s he would have most definitely had a chance under Jos. All the injuries we had last season and Luhukay’s policy of giving youngsters ago, Hirst may well have been  an established first teamer like Thorniley by now. 

A case of wanting too much to young for me. He’s only just turned 20. He kicked up a fuss aged 18. Absolutely ludicrous, the lad still has so much to prove in football. 

I too was annoyed when we signed Winnall and Rhodes, but yes, had he got his head down, he definitely would have had a chance under Jos

26 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

He never had a chance at Hillsborough. Not because of the club, but because he was advised  by his Father NOT to sign for Wednesday -FACT.

I remember you saying this at the time.

There's no doubt at all that, whatever role the club in the whole fiasco, Hirst Jr has received terrible from those that re relies upon and his career is now in serious jeopardy. He's 20, not a baby. 

Unless of course the only thing he was ever bothered about was money, in which case I am sure he will be fine as Leicester will have made this a lucrative deal having avoided the 2m fee almost completely.

The whole thing is a such a shame and a waste. 

21 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Lonchar has a left to attend an American university on a football scholarship. Not sure where. If he's successful could mean he is drafted into the MLS. Was on club website the other day.

Our club website?  I never saw it.  Just had a look and nothing on the news archive.  Can you provide a link please?