Jordan Lonchar left

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Hirst is no longer in match day squad for his team. Since Pearson was sacked he has not featured at all. In last game they had best result of season and are now off the bottom of league.

The standard of Belgian second tear is about same as National League and his record of 2 goals in 18 games is not going to send scouts racing to see him. He is on 5 year contract and presumably it was at a decent level so unlikely many will want to offer similar terms. 

I think he has not been best advised and whatever talent he has or future in game are not best served by some of decisions made.

If it turns out young Hirst is crap, his advisors have actually played a blinder as he's got that 5 year contract as you say, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was around £7-10k a week. So, his advisors could well have made him a multi-millionaire on the back of a load of hysteria from some of our fans - and a decent spell for England youth!

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

11 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

how did he get on?

Think he’s played in a couple (scoring in the first one after he left) and not made the bench for a couple (if he was even in the squad, I don’t know). So mixed really and seems to be fading out of it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Sorry to be a pain as I haven't seen the previously mentioned threads but who are the ones that the club does have hopes for ?? I'm assuming Hamoud and Hagan are 2 ?

Think Dawodu is the nearest to a breakthrough, but there are plenty showing promise for the U18s Think Rice, the captain has already been in and around the first team scene. He’s another left footed centre back

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
6 hours ago, Broncolives said:

Do not jump to conclusions, everyone appears to think its the clubs decision. There  are better things in life than playing for Wednesday.

Wash your mouth out!!

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Think he’s played in a couple (scoring in the first one after he left) and not made the bench for a couple (if he was even in the squad, I don’t know). So mixed really and seems to be fading out of it.

His last appearance at international level was in the U19s Euros (3-0 defeat v Norway) in Finland last July

He might have been selected for an U20s squad since then but never actually got to play

Info courtesy of uk.soccerway  :rolleyes: ... so it's gotta be true

2 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

His last appearance at international level was in the U19s Euros (3-0 defeat v Norway) in Finland last July

He might have been selected for an U20s squad since then but never actually got to play

Info courtesy of uk.soccerway  :rolleyes: ... so it's gotta be true

Think he played for the u20s against Czech Republic in October...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/czech-republic-u20_england-u20/index/spielbericht/3094928

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Sorry to be a pain as I haven't seen the previously mentioned threads but who are the ones that the club does have hopes for ?? I'm assuming Hamoud and Hagan are 2 ?

The ones mentioned to me were, Shaw, Rice, Hammoud, Dawodu and Grant. I think that was all who were mentioned. Hagan is a first year and when I spoke to person he would have only just commenced first year. These are all second year Academy graduates and I were told they were all promising.

7 hours ago, Broncolives said:

Do not jump to conclusions, everyone appears to think its the clubs decision. There  are better things in life than playing for Wednesday.

44 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

There are????

I was quite a talented rugby player when I was a youngstsr then I found out about girls. They seemed much more interesting at the time, they still do.

Rugby and playing for SWFC don't really compare but I can understand why youngsters lose interest in them. 

Looking ahead, if most of the U23s are leaving, and looking at those due to graduate from the U18s, we will have a few places that we will have to fill from outside the club Expect a few trialists in these forthcoming development games 

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

If it turns out young Hirst is crap, his advisors have actually played a blinder as he's got that 5 year contract as you say, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was around £7-10k a week. So, his advisors could well have made him a multi-millionaire on the back of a load of hysteria from some of our fans - and a decent spell for England youth!

You are correct in what you say.

I thought he would get a better offer than he did which suggests that those in know suspected he was not as good as all goals indicated.

However rules on agents pay last summer changed. Instead of getting all money up front when a player signed for a club in England it was to be spread over length of contract. This was to stop agents continually trying to move players on and cash in. However I believe in Europe agents still get all fee as soon as a player signs. Hence you see quite a few young players heading o the continent. If rules not harmonised expect trend to continue.

I do think he has found himself in a place where he will not improve and if you stand a chance to be a footballer its a shame that you end up not being able to fulfil your potential whatever level that may be.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Quist said:

You are correct in what you say.

I thought he would get a better offer than he did which suggests that those in know suspected he was not as good as all goals indicated.

However rules on agents pay last summer changed. Instead of getting all money up front when a player signed for a club in England it was to be spread over length of contract. This was to stop agents continually trying to move players on and cash in. However I believe in Europe agents still get all fee as soon as a player signs. Hence you see quite a few young players heading o the continent. If rules not harmonised expect trend to continue.

I do think he has found himself in a place where he will not improve and if you stand a chance to be a footballer its a shame that you end up not being able to fulfil your potential whatever level that may be.

What happened to the good old-fashioned loan system.

Bizarre how a few goals for England youth can create such a hype around a player who essentially has achieved nothing.

It's crackers. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What happened to the good old-fashioned loan system.

Bizarre how a few goals for England youth can create such a hype around a player who essentially has achieved nothing.

It's crackers. 

Well, I wouldn't call scoring 40 goals in one season "nothing"