Hooper / Sharp

If he could stay fit, Hooper would be one of the best strikers in the league. 

His goal ratio is great and his link up play transforms our team and is outstanding for the Championship.

But he just can’t stay fit and can’t be relied upon. I don’t know how much we’re paying him but it can’t be worth it for how little he plays.

It’s really frustrating for us as fans but I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be for him, all that talent but constantly breaking down.

13 minutes ago, torres said:

You would sign up Hooper again. Please tell me you are joking 

Not joking. 

He's a quality player. 

I'd offer him a 2 year contract if he can stay fit till the end of the season. 

I reckon you will too once he starts scoring again. Your mind will change. 

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Not joking. 

He's a quality player. 

I'd offer him a 2 year contract if he can stay fit till the end of the season. 

I reckon you will too once he starts scoring again. Your mind will change. 

Not a chance on God’s earth would I offer him anything 

Not been fit since he came, on a ridiculous wage for this level, played golf for the last 14 months 

I won’t miss him 

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, steveger said:

no, billy porker is miles ahead of him sadly....

really hope i'm wrong and Hooper comes back and scores a poo load of goals for us

I disagree. Injuries aside Hooper is the best of the two but they are Both excellant players who fall into the category off too good for the championship but not quite good enough  to be a main premier league striker. 

1 hour ago, sternlad said:

A lot will depend on whether Hooper returns as the same player after all these injury issues. I suspect the same to apply to Kieran Lee, psychologically it’s a big ask for players to play at full tilt again after serious injury, think they will always be a bit circumspect on the pitch especially with regard to overstretching and, in Lee’s case, the amount of yardage covered. I must admit like a lot of people on here I don’t hold out much hope for Hooper or Lee making an impact this year or in the future.

Both will be released in the summer i would have thought

6 minutes ago, torres said:

Not a chance on God’s earth would I offer him anything 

Not been fit since he came, on a ridiculous wage for this level, played golf for the last 14 months 

I won’t miss him 

Well be that as it may, he is still the best player in our squad. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Sharp is fitter and in the form of his life but if you genuinely think he is a better player than GH then you're off your head. 

Agree, when we lost him and Lee we lost 2 of the best 3 footballers at the club, the other being Bannan IMO.

59 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Sharp is fitter and in the form of his life but if you genuinely think he is a better player than GH then you're off your head. 

Pretty much this, I don't even think there's a viable debate.

If you asked which player I'd rather have in the team right now then that would have a different answer, but in the case of both players being equally available to play then there is absolutely no competition between the two and I'd expect honest Blades to admit the same.

3 hours ago, deano said:

For me it's more to do with how they play, a fit Hooper would likely be successful in that team. 

I don't watch them much, when I do catch a glimpse of them they have energy and mental and physical drive in their m/f that we don't, they can then 'afford' a 'non modern player' (sharp) who'll stack you 20+ a season, whilst in a less 'energetic' set up, the 'modern player' is involved in a move on the halfway line, and gets a massive 10 a season. modern football.

football should be stick someone five in, and see if they've got six in them for the win.