Hooper / Sharp

Both of similar quality, very good in the box and finishing 

One is at 33 still scoring a shedload and the other at the minute is round the corner from coming back 

Can Hooper come back and have a couple more years under his belt and get scoring again? Or is he done? 

His game was never built on electric pace.

Hooper never wastes a pass, holds it up well and is a better finisher than Billy Blunt.

1 minute ago, steveger said:

no, billy porker is miles ahead of him sadly....

really hope i'm wrong and Hooper comes back and scores a poo load of goals for us

I don't agree as you wouldn't have said that 18 months ago, just as the pigs were praising Leon Clarke last year. A clear run in an ATTACK minded team playing with confidence and he would thrive. Football fans sadly only remember the last 6 weeks.

A lot will depend on whether Hooper returns as the same player after all these injury issues. I suspect the same to apply to Kieran Lee, psychologically it’s a big ask for players to play at full tilt again after serious injury, think they will always be a bit circumspect on the pitch especially with regard to overstretching and, in Lee’s case, the amount of yardage covered. I must admit like a lot of people on here I don’t hold out much hope for Hooper or Lee making an impact this year or in the future.

Before Hooper got injured last Christmas :

Hooper - 11 goals, 10 in the League, in a struggling side failing to create much (didn't we have about 5 shots on target in an entire month?!)

Sharp in a side that had been top six all season - 8 goals 

As a finisher and a goal poacher Sharp has been excellent this season, but Hooper has (or had) so much more to his game. But if a fit Hooper had the service that Sharp has had this season he'd have scored just as many imo 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, steveger said:

no, billy porker is miles ahead of him sadly....

really hope i'm wrong and Hooper comes back and scores a poo load of goals for us

Sharp is fitter, more aggressive, hungrier for success, a leader on and off the pitch 

Hooper is technically a better footballer by a long way and has more money. His golf is probably better too 

• Haha 1

Thing is i'm comparing the past to the present as all we have to go on with Hooper is the past, who's to say he's not been ruined by those injuries?... 

Maybe it's a curse.....

I'm hoping SW is gunna be given the chance and will take it... big time

:wacko:

Edited by steveger