Danny Murphy

Sorry, can't find the other thread. Caught the last few minutes of Alan Brazils show this morning and they were discussing what he said about Bruce and played his apology again. Get the impression that Mr  Murphy's days at the station might be numbered as I'm sure Bruce with his contacts offers more value to the station .

1 minute ago, lukestheman82 said:

IF he said what he did without knowing the facts, then gets set straight and apologises I don't see the big issue. 

Exactly. A lot of people are making a mountain out of a molehill on this one.

I hope he doesn't get the boot, I actually enjoy listening to him on talksport. Hes not the first person to say stuff without knowing the facts. I mean, we are having this discussion on Owlstalk, the home of that very thing lol

Edited by marcx666
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

Bruce used be on Brazil's show regularly as a telephone guest when in charge of Villa, wonder if that will continue at Wednesday

As I said I'm sure Bruce adds lots of value to the station with his contacts to Man U alone

Only caught back end of it this morning so didn't hear what was said about Murphy. Just heard Alan Brazil and Martin Lipton both say that family comes before football and the holiday was agreed prior to the appointment. Brazil also said we're a huge club that should be in the premier league so starting to like him a little more now.

Murphy is a really good pundit, but has made the fatal error of not waxing lyrical about Sheffield Wednesday, failing to mention the huge support and not saying David Hirst was better than Shearer. 

As a result, he’s blown it on here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5