Why aren't we selling?

3 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

We would only be screwed with a massive points deduction. As I’ve already mentioned we will still have ability to bring players in. We have a good enough side when fit to compete in this league. A 12 month embargo or whatever won’t destroy us. Our financial position will steadily get better especially with 14-15 players leaving in summer and let’s face it we won’t miss them! 

Fans will need to be patient over the next 18 months, not only with DC but with Bruce. That part of it is the worrying thing as we are not the most patient of people. 

We might just surprise a few next season, the next 18 games will be an indicator of that!

I’d argue that what we’ve had to put up with on and off the pitch for the last 20 years, we are one of the most patient fan bases in England. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

They have, however, been in constant dialogue with the club regarding our future financial plans - and previous deals (even contract extension offers) have had to be ratified by them first, so they'll be fully clued up.

The EFL are hardly going to waste their time in dialogue with us - millions over the S&P rules - and then let us add £40k/week to the wage bill and spend more on transfer fees.

Would be pretty amazed if the EFL haven't seen the fact we've got about £10m a year wages dropping off our books in the summer and advised us to curb out spending - which yesterday's deals are in comparison to previous years.

Lers see what happens

2 hours ago, Mister Soul said:

I find it frustrating that some people don’t  recognise the possibilities of this league. Every year a team (or two) put significant runs together. 11 points (off play offs) is nothing in this league with a little motivation to some of the excellent players we have S6!

oh hold on we have a very motivated manager just got to his desk and 3 new players too! 

Positivity goes a long way! 

Whilst I admire your optimism. It’s not just 11 points, it’s 11 teams we need to leapfrog!

We’d pretty much need automatic promotion form from now until the end of the season and teams to not go on similar runs.

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Lers see what happens

Indeed.

I'm expecting pretty much all those out of contract to leave, a few quid spent here and there picking up good value like Iorfa, best frees we can get, and a few top loans.

Hope we give Bruce the time to help sort out the mess, get us on an even keel, and then go again when we can afford to - this time with more sensible recruiting!

4 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I’d argue that what we’ve had to put up with on and off the pitch for the last 20 years, we are one of the most patient fan bases in England. 

And I would totally agree with that BUT now we have to be more patient than ever. I’d like to think Bruce is the start of repair job, one that will take 3 years to sort possibly. We’ve been crying out for this type of manager for years. We have it now. The club is a mess. It will take time but we will rise again!

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Maybe we are so far over FFP limits that selling our players won't matter. We're going to get hit by an embargo anyway so we might as well have our current players at the club rather than young cheap kids who we don't know and might not be that good. An embargo is an embargo whether your 1million over or 20 million over. The current squad can play regardless of any outgoings. We just can't sign anyone. If we are not permitted to sign a player better than Reach for example because of monetary constraints then why let him go if it doesn't solve the issue? It's not like the bailiffs will come round and take players off us. 

I think this is what he’s doing. Hoping to keep the squad as it is and have a right good go next season. Let’s be honest we don’t actually have many weak links when everyone is fit

Could be an exciting season next year now we have a proper manager

Chansiri and co either know something about FFP that isn't apparent to the rest of us

or it's seems a bit reckless 

There will be a points deduction soon or the EFL simply become a laughing stock .

An embargo now is pointless isn't it?

We have done the deed, it's either with the blessing of the EFL you would hope,

or we have simply thumbed our noses at them.

There are only 4 players we could realistically sell.

Joao, Reach, Bannan and Foriesteri.

Maybe nobody wanted them. Bannan and Foristeri are 29 so who's going to pay millions and their wages for them.

I also think with the players out of contract at end of the season and the money on wages we will be saving maybe we don't need to sell these players just yet.

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Chansiri and co either know something about FFP that isn't apparent to the rest of us

There will be a points deduction soon or the EFL simply become a laughing stock .

Birmingham defied the EFL and signed a player when under an embargo...If they didn't get a points deduction we have nothing to fear because we worked with them so stop  

untitled.png

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Could be that as with the recent soft embargo we appear to have given the EFL our full cooperation. Maybe it's that if anything does happen at the end of the season that will be taken into consideration and any punishment won't be so harsh.

Guest Bulgaria
4 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Fans will need to be patient over the next 18 months, not only with DC but with Bruce. That part of it is the worrying thing as we are not the most patient of people. 

That's a joke right?

As fans I would say we are one of the most patient. Apart from the odd season we have been mainly very average since 93/94 and I've yet to see any protests or real venom.... The pitch invasion at home to palace maybe...but that was just a few that had been on the Bovril

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

Whilst I admire your optimism. It’s not just 11 points, it’s 11 teams we need to leapfrog!

We’d pretty much need automatic promotion form from now until the end of the season and teams to not go on similar runs.

I’ve learned in life optimism (positive thinking) can take you a long way but I’m also a realist too. That said, I can be done. 

Not once have I considered relegation (while others have) . I always look up the table

4 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I’ve learned in life optimism (positive thinking) can take you a long way but I’m also a realist too. That said, I can be done. 

Not once have I considered relegation (while others have) . I always look up the table

Agreed I've never thought we'd be relegated because I knew Jos would be going and there are at least five teams worse than us...and we're due to play them next lol 

24 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Birmingham defied the EFL and signed a player when under an embargo...If they didn't get a points deduction we have nothing to fear because we worked with them so stop  

untitled.png

You can have as much faith in the EFL as you like

Tesms like Birmingham have made them and their rules look toothless

I hope it carries in in the same vein, but I doubt it will