Why aren't we selling?

7 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Not saying its right, just a theory as to why we've not sold anyone or moved anyone out etc. I think we're screwed either way. 

We would only be screwed with a massive points deduction. As I’ve already mentioned we will still have ability to bring players in. We have a good enough side when fit to compete in this league. A 12 month embargo or whatever won’t destroy us. Our financial position will steadily get better especially with 14-15 players leaving in summer and let’s face it we won’t miss them! 

Fans will need to be patient over the next 18 months, not only with DC but with Bruce. That part of it is the worrying thing as we are not the most patient of people. 

We might just surprise a few next season, the next 18 games will be an indicator of that!

I find it frustrating that some people don’t  recognise the possibilities of this league. Every year a team (or two) put significant runs together. 11 points (off play offs) is nothing in this league with a little motivation to some of the excellent players we have S6!

oh hold on we have a very motivated manager just got to his desk and 3 new players too! 

Positivity goes a long way! 

5 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

We would only be screwed with a massive points deduction. As I’ve already mentioned we will still have ability to bring players in. We have a good enough side when fit to compete in this league. A 12 month embargo or whatever won’t destroy us. Our financial position will steadily get better especially with 14-15 players leaving in summer and let’s face it we won’t miss them! 

Fans will need to be patient over the next 18 months, not only with DC but with Bruce. That part of it is the worrying thing as we are not the most patient of people. 

We might just surprise a few next season, the next 18 games will be an indicator of that!

I think you are right but I have sympathy with people who will say we are paying highest ticket prices in the league for 5th season running so our patient is wearing a bit thin.

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Im pleased we didn’t sell Reach or Bannan. Our two best players by such a long way.

FF’s value is on the floor right now. Would have been equivalent to selling him at the depths of a house-price slump. Lets get him back up and running (literally) first, and then he gets some value back.

I'm disappointed we didn't sell Reach if i'm honest.

His value was at the most it's going to be and i was hoping for once we would cash in while a player was at their premium price 

1 minute ago, torres said:

His value was at the most it's going to be and i was hoping for once we would cash in while a player was at their premium price 

I’m absolutely certain under Bruce he will get back to and exceed his best performances so far. He is a player that’s needs a manager that understands his attributes.. And for that reason alone I’m happy he’s still at S6. 

Guest Kameron

Disgraceful way to run a football club, unless he’s aware of changes to P&S we are heading for some very mediocre seasons.  To be fair the rules need changing because their not fit for purpose.  However Chansiri is aware of the rules and should be working within them, he chose to gamble but we’ll all end up suffering, paying top prices to watch utter garbage because of said gamble.

3 minutes ago, torres said:

It look like the market has changed a bit with not many clubs splashing the cash in January.

I have a feeling not many clubs were willing to come close to our asking price for Reach.

Not sure whether all this is storing trouble fo us down the line, have to wait and see I guess.

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think you are right but I have sympathy with people who will say we are paying highest ticket prices in the league for 5th season running so our patient is wearing a bit thin.

Absolutely that is going to be hard. Maybe when we do turn things around DC will reward the fans in some way. Yeh I know it’s unlikely but he might just be changing.....

• Like 1

I can understand why none of our bigger name players have gone out, those who are key to the way the manager wants to play, they stay because Bruce needs to assess them. Others, who probably won’t feature much, are probably on prohibitive wages, and we supposedly don’t contribute much.

Where I think we’ve let ourselves down, is by not getting some of the younger players out. There’s probably about 7 or 8 of them who could have gone out to clubs in leagues one and two They need to be tested at a higher level than the U23s, and the knock on effect would allow some of the U18s to step up a level. 

Does it really help Baker, for example, hanging around as a third choice right back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peacenocchio said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand how we can continue to buy/loan players without selling.

Players reach a peak, players move up the ladder. 

Surely Reach and FF are as valuable as they will ever be again and frankly we need money from a business perspective. Selling some assets at this mid table points wise position is a much better way of getting serious income into the club than c1867.

Because no one wants them, they're average or injury prone at best. Only we think they're good players.

The rules will be changed.

Too many clubs are in trouble to implement them as they are, transfer market is already being affected thus forcing clubs into more danger of what FFP/P&S was set up to guard against and multiple point deductions also risk becoming rendered worthless anyway.