Why aren't we selling?

Birmingham are supposed to be facing a disciplinary panel this month I think so it's a bit too early to be saying they've got away with barely a slap on the wrist. As I understand it the EFL can still impose a points deduction this year.

Even if they don't, we shouldn't be complacent. It would be just our luck if we were the first team that the EFL really made an example of.

Them we want to get rid of nobody wants. You can always sell a good player and we have too few of them to part with.

Also we have put several on of back numbers on high wages which means not easy to get through the door.

Those coming in are not that expensive all were wanted rid of by clubs so we will be paying minimal wages for Newcastle pair and Wolves been trying to get Iorfa out of door for 18 months so no big fee involved.

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

That's a joke right?

As fans I would say we are one of the most patient. Apart from the odd season we have been mainly very average since 93/94 and I've yet to see any protests or real venom.... The pitch invasion at home to palace maybe...but that was just a few that had been on the Bovril

Do you read OT regularly? A small part of the fan base yes but fizz me we are an impatient bunch! What I’m getting at is if results don’t go well say for next 10 games (even though I think they will), let’s not start jumping up and down on the backs of Bruce and DC!!! Things will get better over time, it just may take longer than we hope! 

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

The only thing I can think is that the club knows something that other clubs (in a similar situation) .. don't.

But from the outside I can't see what.

Btw... I thought yesterday was a brilliant day for the club and support... excellent all round.

I hope that DC is ITK on FFP (P&S).

But apart from that...

Yes a very very good day with lots of common good sense being spoken.

Let’s talk realistic here the new manager as come he Likes to see all the players see how they play see what he wants to keep and what he  doesn’t  want to keep and get rid of the deadwood in Beginning of the next transfer window

Takes about three months for a manager to know his club inside out he will be working in knowledge around the players who want to be playing for Sheffield Wednesday and who does not want to play for Sheffield Wednesdaylol

Edited by Owlsend

48 minutes ago, JPA said:

Birmingham are supposed to be facing a disciplinary panel this month I think so it's a bit too early to be saying they've got away with barely a slap on the wrist. As I understand it the EFL can still impose a points deduction this year.

Even if they don't, we shouldn't be complacent. It would be just our luck if we were the first team that the EFL really made an example of.

If they do not punish Birmingham other than with a fine it will mean other teams do the same. When you have potentially half of the teams who are being told they can not spend not because owner is not willing but due some arbitrary restrictions that is a severe problem and suggests the rules are wrong. It is unfair to any team that does not have a parachute payment. How can several teams be allowed to spend far more than others, it means it is not a level playing field and I am certain a coach and horses could be driven through rules as they stand at moment. It is my understanding enormous pressure is on EFL to revise them and I believe they know they have got themselves into a mess hence hesitation re punishing Birmingham.

Wage and transfer inflation has to be taken into account when looking at investment allowed. Hence figure allowed to spend needs to be revised almost annually, the Premier clubs are the ones which drive this and EFL clubs have to adjust accordingly. 

Problems exist with current rules, for example if a swap deal was to be arranged the rules do not cater for this. Bolton signed players and did not pay for them which left players in difficult situation and clubs who sold them but they did not break rules. Birmingham signed a player and could afford to pay for him but were not allowed to play him at first and no face sanction. The aim of P &S is to keep clubs solvent and functioning. in our instance it has stopped us being able to look at best options and have to wait for what is left on table at end of windows. They do not seem to understand a lack of being able to refresh a squad will lead to it to stagnate which in turn leads to dissatisfaction of supporters and loss of income which turns situation into a spiral of decline. 

• Like 2

I firmly believe DC is in dialogue with other owners with regards to P&S and believes there’s enough support to force a change in spending limits if not enough for them to be scrapped. Of course the level of support will be affected by who goes up and who goes down and who comes down and up but if no change comes around he will sell in the summer and hopefully some players will increase in value 

On 01/02/2019 at 10:33, sonofbert2 said:

Think he means in relation to paying up existing contract when offset against any fee received.

Surely this would only apply if contracts were cancelled? I can understand certain bonus payments becoming due if players leave but have not asked to leave. I am fairly certain though that no club (even one as incompetent as ours) would agree to a contract that allowed the full contract to be paid up if we sold the player.