Boyd

2 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

Tell me how many of the current squad will still be there when promotion comes knocking then Mr Positive.

Hard to say.

We have been mismanaged this season so we are beneath our true league position.

The same squad (give or take a few injured players) got to a playoff final.

It's just churlish to say the whole squad is cr4p.

On 28/01/2019 at 16:22, Beholder said:

Last 8 games before Chelsea- Won 4, Drawn 3, Lost 1. 

I'm a fan, i don't come on here to slate the team when things are going well overall.

But you seem a bit of a wind up merchant so I guess the truth won't be of interest.

People on here slating players for getting well beaten by a top 4 premier league team is unreal. Chelsea are now a major team in europe we are lower middle championship. The root cause is not individuals its a 450-550 million pound squad v a 40-45 million pound squad. Expectations on here are delusional .

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

People on here slating players for getting well beaten by a top 4 premier league team is unreal. Chelsea are now a major team in europe we are lower middle championship. The root cause is not individuals its a 450-550 million pound squad v a 40-45 million pound squad. Expectations on here are delusional .

fully agree....if they had played their first team..but we never even competed

On 28/01/2019 at 13:48, shezzas left peg said:

To be fair to fox yesterday, he got very little help from in front of him and looked what he is a few hundred grand buy from league 1 versus a young pacey kid who one of the biggest clubs in the world are offering £18 million for, worked hard, but was simply outclassed. 

Agreed - and CHO's price tag is double that.

On 27/01/2019 at 19:32, Tudders said:

Complete non event. Yes he can run, but so can a lot of folk.

Offers nothing.

I think people are highlighting the Chelsea game but let's be honest, Boyd is an extremely limited footballer. He lacks strength, pace, trickery and an ability to consistently put balls in the right areas. 

Back in the day I imagine he was much more dynamic but he is exactly what we do not want moving forward.

8 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

I think people are highlighting the Chelsea game but let's be honest, Boyd is an extremely limited footballer. He lacks strength, pace, trickery and an ability to consistently put balls in the right areas. 

Back in the day I imagine he was much more dynamic but he is exactly what we do not want moving forward.

Why the fo.ok did we sign him in the first place , obviously past his sell by date 18 months ago 

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

Why the fo.ok did we sign him in the first place , obviously past his sell by date 18 months ago 

Not on his own, just one of a few car crashes, lets hope bruce has a clear out and its a thing of the past

5 minutes ago, debram said:

Not on his own, just one of a few car crashes, lets hope bruce has a clear out and its a thing of the past

And Chansiri lets him get on with it and gives him the tools , where possible , to do the job properly 

8 minutes ago, debram said:

I don't know if Bruce will be good for us or not.. but I've got high hopes because he's performed well before.

One thing I'm more certain about is this...if he gets a transfer wrong or the tactics... he'll be honest.. which will be a refreshing change from riddles and side  talk and silly excuses.

Edited by Costello 77

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Give them a bye then.

It's delusional that you'll keep them at bay by keeping it tight.

The reason we've got a penalty to dabate is because we were in their box.

On 28/01/2019 at 16:33, Beholder said:

Hard to say.

We have been mismanaged this season so we are beneath our true league position.

The same squad (give or take a few injured players) got to a playoff final.

It's just churlish to say the whole squad is cr4p.

It’s not crap. It it’s had it’s day and is pretty much the position it should be . Regarding Boyd , has been a fantastic player, but like many of our squad was signed too late and is past it now 

On 27/01/2019 at 20:08, evaD said:

He spent all game working his arse off defending, making sure Fox didn't get embarrassed by Hudson, and you single him out as offering nothing 

The reason we weren't, and he wasn't, in the game today was purely down to tactics.

And the fact we were playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. None of our players would get anywhere near their squad. Arguably our best defender (Hector) can’t even get into their U23s

On 28/01/2019 at 13:53, shezzas left peg said:

Never been a massive fan of Bruce, his teams playe quite laborious uninspiring defencive football normally, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Can't wait to see the back of the boyds & Jones's etc though, I said it wouldn't work signing old pros who'd been promoted and deemed surplus to requirements, what motivation would they have to win promotion again??, just here for another pay day, that's all. 

How is this Bruce’s fault? He was in Barbados.