Why the urgency?

Guest Hirst1867

56 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The amount of times we got the ball and then passed it all the way back to Lees on the halfway line was criminal 

Only Bannan, Reach and Fox actually have the wherewithal to try and find a final cross or pass

Got to disagree with this. 

Tom Lees never got anywhere near as far forward as the half way line from the moment the ref tossed the coin.

All bar Fletcher must have spent 90% of the match in our half.

31 minutes ago, billyblack said:

If you look at Leeds, lots of youngsters, not big, half of them still kids, you dont need size, you need pace, energy, hunger and drive. Pressure all over the pitch. We have none of that.

Agree with everything you say. Didn't mention size at all mate.....

1 hour ago, Hirst1867 said:

I don't understand what was the urgency to ditch Bullen as caretaker

The team were playing with new found confidence, we were attacking and counter attacking with pace, the players looked happy to be working under Bullen, He'd dealt with the re-introduction of senior pro's that Jos had fooked over, and we were unbeaten.

I just don't understand what the urgency was to change things - if the intention was for Bruce to start in Feb - why not just wait til Feb? Both performances under Agnew have been flat as farts - and we've gone back to being negative and playing the ball around our defence, and knocking it backwards a lot from our midfield. And not putting the opposition under threat and having them worry about us and how we play.

Frankly, its been f***** sh it

Not sure why you’ve been negged tbh. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I would expect most of us watching that display yesterday were thinking the same as you. 

The big thing for me yesterday was how negative and passive we looked. Even Westwood seemed to be looking to run the clock down by taking an eternity with goal kicks in the first half. We just handed the initative to Hull and by the end of the match they were so comfortable that a few of their players were showboating. 

I could forgive our style of play if we were playing Man City away, but I’m not sure we had to be so scared against Hull.

Edited by East Yorks Owl

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

The players should now be taking a lot of the blame tbh. We have our management scenario sorted. The players are a joke. Overpaid wasters that have failed every year with us. They don't really fancy it do they? Compare that to the top teams in this league that bust a gut to win. Thank goodness half the squad is leaving. 

This is the top and bottom of it for me now. I’ve blamed numerous managers for the short comings of this team, I’ve had enough and I’m now placing the blame firmly on our lazy players. 

2 hours ago, Brommers said:

Not disagreeing but as soon as Bullen lost a game (and he would have cos we're not that good) we'd have fans questioning why Bruce's men werent getting involved so they could prepare for when he takes over. Club blamed either way.

I do doubt whether supporters would have been asking for Agnew and Clemence if LB had had a couple of defeats vs Luton and Hull. He is popular and respected. The productive relationship between the players and LB has been sacrificed. Seeing SA with his SWFC jacket just put on , taking the press and media conference straight off vs Luton,  did not look right.

I think the players are not as good as some think--even the fans' favourites-- and the midfield and attack have been jokes for well over a year-but spirit and determined organisation did make a difference.

The players were running to Bullen in triumph and sheer exuberance after his matches were over.

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

This is the top and bottom of it for me now. I’ve blamed numerous managers for the short comings of this team, I’ve had enough and I’m now placing the blame firmly on our lazy players. 

Maybe they are demoralised and  uncertain at being managed by their third manager in a month. Maybe they are saying "what more did we have to do when Bullen was the caretaker,  before Bruce comes in? Wasn't that enough to show how good we thought he was?"

I’m sure the new pair will have worked with Bullen since they arrived. Not sure the result yesterday would have been any different, but there has definitely been a change of emphasis, and tempo, in the way that we have played. Some have suggested, the new management probably wanted to see how the current players could adapt to playing the way Bruce likes to play. Well now they know. If they’d done their homework, they’d have had a pretty good idea after studying our exploits under Jos, who liked to play with a similar tempo. It seems to me that the players now, as in the first season under Carlos, prefer to play on the front foot. Certainly, that’s the football I prefer. If the management has a different plan, then they might need to change the players. That’s where the urgency is for me, Bruce and his team need to at least bring in the nucleus of players who he knows will be comfortable playing at a slower tempo. 

We need to face up to the fact that until the end of this season we're stuck with the weak willed, leaderless , nice sqaud that the chairman and Carlos created. No bite, aggression or determination in this lot. 

How do you expect us to dominate the opposition without players who mentally play that way,or are tough enough to take the bull by the horns, let's get yet another wasted season over with and hopefully at last when Bruce gets control he can address our failings. 

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

you look through the championship and every team has pace and power , except us . They are vital in this league . 

Most do have more of that yes, but not all. The piggies for example, we actually have more than them, but you wouldn’t think so looking at how both sides play

2 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Whilst I don't think they're lazy, I do question their mental capacity. 

Under Carlos even in season 1 we regularly started badly, grew into the game and fought back to win when behind. I just don't see that leadership and fight in those that are left from the gray era or those signed since. 

2 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Not sure why you’ve been negged tbh. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I would expect most of us watching that display yesterday were thinking the same as you. 

The big thing for me yesterday was how negative and passive we looked. Even Westwood seemed to be looking to run the clock down by taking an eternity with goal kicks in the first half. We just handed the initative to Hull and by the end of the match they were so comfortable that a few of their players were showboating. 

I could forgive our style of play if we were playing Man City away, but I’m not sure we had to be so scared against Hull.

When we went one down I watched the Hull players with interest.

They believed in what they were doing and worked their nuts off to succeed.

Guest Hirst1867
24 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Fox? Really?

Yes, really.

Or are you still labouring under the misapprehension that hes a problem?

Bullen is no manager and neither is Agnew. We’re not going to make the play offs and we never were. Patience is always in short supply but that’s what’s required. Worth using the time to ponder the squads deficiencies whilst we wait for our actual manager to show up and begin the process of making a difference. Jos was a shambles but so were the players, and they remain.

• Like 1