Sam Alladyce or Nigel Clough

If the club is for sale you can pretty much forget any idea that we will get any top manager. If we get rid of Jos it will be some other journeyman.

Much more likely is we will stick with Jos. Why bother going to the expense of paying him off?

Any new owner will want to change manager any way.  

3 minutes ago, Itchy said:

Both understand British football and I think they would sort our club out.

Whether they could world with our chairman is another’s mater.

im not saying these are long term appointments but would stabilise the club for a season or two until we find a new owner. 

i was talking about young cloughie yesterday  I was dismayed at him going to the other lot  thought he was classier than that and thought he did ok, in fact he's just repeated his feat of getting a sh*te team to the league cup semi  having beaten premier league outfits on the way ( albeit against less than full strength teams)  Whether he would fit in here i dont know but he can organise a rabble.

I loved his dad's ethos  especially the bit where he froze out sheridan to our gain :biggrin:

1 minute ago, prowl said:

If the club is for sale you can pretty much forget any idea that we will get any top manager. If we get rid of Jos it will be some other journeyman.

Much more likely is we will stick with Jos. Why bother going to the expense of paying him off?

i follow your point prowl

but don't you think any sale unless very quickly done will take too long and we need to halt this tail spin with even just a temporary appointment with a fresh face and a tad more idea and motivation?

16 minutes ago, Itchy said:

im not saying these are long term appointments but would stabilise the club for a season or two until we find a new owner. 

Neither. What we need is  garymegson

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, prowl said:

spot on

Only man available for me that would come in like a breath of fresh air and dig us out of this chasm the current encumbent and our chairman have created is Holloway. Great press conferences, team spirit, good in the loan market, has an eye for a bargain. He achieved the impossible by getting tiny Blackpool into the Prem with no funds, just free transfers and clever loans. 

Yes some wouldn't like the football he played, but I'd take that rather than league one and or potential obscurity. 

A big plus would also be I think he'd jump at the chance!! 

35 minutes ago, Itchy said:

Seek immediate professional help.

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

Only man available for me that would come in like a breath of fresh air and dig us out of this chasm the current encumbent and our chairman have created is Holloway. Great press conferences, team spirit, good in the loan market, has an eye for a bargain. He achieved the impossible by getting tiny Blackpool into the Prem with no funds, just free transfers and clever loans. 

Yes some wouldn't like the football he played, but I'd take that rather than league one and or potential obscurity. 

A big plus would also be I think he'd jump at the chance!! 

who at the club has the depth of football knowledge to know 1) the level of on field trouble we are in?, and 2) anything about any prospective manager replacements?

if dc wants to sell up and leaves and heads for home until the deal is done, who will oversee the football side of things? if jos is left in place for another month or two the crowds will disappear, what S/T holders left going will raise hell, we are in a spiral and the way to correct it is a passionate, knowledgeable managerial appointment.

Apart from Big Ron, Wednesday have always thrived best under dour, phlegmatic characters comfortablenin their own skin who aren’t seeking popularity with the fan base cos they know deep down we are loyal and will respect footballing honesty at all levels.

Allardyce does half fit the bill give or take the odd bung, but his bill would be astronomical so the obvious candidates are Pearson or  Megson or Gray for me now that Mad Mick has gone back to Dublin. 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

Can’t see anything much happening on the management front now Chansiri has decided to sell up.

He can’t spend even if he wanted to, and the problem is that any transfer monies received are going to be used to satisfy P&S.

If a new owners do come in they are going to want their own man in charge. 

We are not in a stable enough condition to attract the best manager right now.

7 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Apart from Big Ron, Wednesday have always thrived best under dour, phlegmatic characters comfortablenin their own skin who aren’t seeking popularity with the fan base cos they know deep down we are loyal and will respect footballing honesty at all levels.

Allardyce does half fit the bill give or take the odd bung, but his bill would be astronomical so the obvious candidates are Pearson or  Megson or Gray for me now that Mad Mick has gone back to Dublin. 

The next appointment needs to be someone who can turn the ship around. Unfortunately they have a chairman that hasn’t got a clue what he’s doing. Anyone half decent would look at what’s going on and think “do I need that hassle”