Sam Alladyce or Nigel Clough

4 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

I think it’s pretty random tbh. You can go over each team to see how and why. Like with Newcastle they had Rafa but also had a bloody good team. Wolves spent a fortune on good players that clicked. Hudds did well to get through as did Cardiff so it’s lottery really. No way were hudds 3rd best team that season. 

Agree they probably weren’t, but I’d say their overachieving was probably down to their coach

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

i follow your point prowl

but don't you think any sale unless very quickly done will take too long and we need to halt this tail spin with even just a temporary appointment with a fresh face and a tad more idea and motivation?

I absolutely agree with you. I think it's time for Jos to go. 

My post was more about what DC will think if he wants to sell. He's not going to pump more money in unless he has to. If I was in his shoes I'd go over to the Milan M way of operating, don't spend any more than absolutely necessary to stay in this division and sell any valuable players and replace them as cheaply as possible.

How much would it take to sack Jos ? At 50k a week till end of season , that's about  million. Which I very much doubt is what he's on,also they should have clauses to minimise the compensation. I think in the grand scheme it's not that much money and it needs doing otherwise league 1 is a serious possibility. 

3 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

How much would it take to sack Jos ? At 50k a week till end of season , that's about  million. Which I very much doubt is what he's on,also they should have clauses to minimise the compensation. I think in the grand scheme it's not that much money and it needs doing otherwise league 1 is a serious possibility. 

The players have stopped playing for him. If we don't sack him we will get relegated. The league is too competitive for a club with half hearted . disinterested players to survive .