EcclesallOwl

Official - Club up for sale

7 hours ago, EcclesallOwl said:

DC: "I will put this club on the market. I believe many people want to buy. Whoever wants to buy me offers for a good price. I feel I am not good enough. While I’m here I will do my best."

Says he has turned down interest in the past. #SWFC #swfcforum

Thank God for that.

Sooner he goes and takes the cancer that is Doyen and Paxo out of our club, the better.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

No wonder you're so bloody angry

lol

Angry? No don’t think that, smarter than the average football fan perhaps boo boo

• Disagree 3

3 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Thank God for that.

Sooner he goes and takes the cancer that is Doyen and Paxo out of our club, the better.

Not one of Wednesday’s better moves to appoint those was it?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Absolutely wonderful news! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:This guy has been killing the club. Sick of being the great tuna empire experiment. Never liked the bloke ever since he nearly knocked me over! See previous post. Arrogance personified that he tries to cover up with fake charm. New owner should get Chansiri ripped out of the North asap, were SWFC not CHANSIRI FC!!!!!!. Milan Mandaric, wonderful man & football man, must also be relieved. I'm sure he will have been horrified by the actions of Chansiri, Milan truly loved the club

90% spot on, however the highlighted section is a bit OTT, we were a good business deal, no more than that sadly.

• Agree 3

People need to remember life before DC was a struggle. Fighting relegation year after year since getting relegation from the   PL. Like the last 10 games but it lasted 15 years. I’m grateful for that.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

7 hours ago, Royal_D said:

It’s just astounding for me that we’ll hound out a bloke who’s got good intentions and spent millions of pounds at the club,  let’s just hope the grass is greener on the other side eh 

How has he been hounded out? He's made very poor decisions across the board. He's even managed to spend TOO MUCH money, to the point where we can't effectively manage the football team.

Ad a result he's attracted criticism, which clearly he either can't understand or cope with. 

Seriously, what sort of response from football fans did you expect?

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

Reading the headlines it looks like we’re headed for DIVORCE!!

I just want the house, he can keep the kids......lol

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Thank God for that.

What if Doyen are involved in brokering a sale to one of their other 'clients'....quite possible given their apparent influence according to OT?

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Other than the pitch and a scoreboard, there's been no other improvement

Who the hell wants to pay 100 mill for us.....

The long term plan for anyone investing in a football team has to start at the bottom. Should’ve been a continual investment in sorting the academy and it’s facilities. Alongside that make sure there’s a real connection between the club and the community and the fans. They’re surely  the basics for anyone buying a club like ours. What you don’t do is immediately start making everything more expensive. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I think he's a decent bloke. Badly advised and a little naive in football matters but still a decent bloke.

After all we've put up with in the last 40 years we finally get a chairman willing to put money in and a desire to see us great again and we drive him out. 

We will live to rue this.

I genuinely feel sorry for him.

And for us.

We haven't drive him out at all

He's selling up because he can't get the club out of the sh.it he put it in and hasn't a clue how to run a football club 

• Agree 2

So he went from:

”I love the club and we will be better next season”

to 

“the club is up for sale”

lol 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

90% spot on, however the highlighted section is a bit OTT, we were a good business deal, no more than that sadly.

To be good in business and turn a turd that SWFC was at the time he took over into a good proposition, you have to love the job your doing and club your looking after. Yes Milan wanted a return but he had to love us to get that, he did love the club as I feel he loves football generally.

• Disagree 4

4 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Not one of Wednesday Chansiri’s better moves to appoint those was it?

Corrected it for you mate but still a plus 1 from me.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I think he's a decent bloke. Badly advised and a little naive in football matters but still a decent bloke.

After all we've put up with in the last 40 years we finally get a chairman willing to put money in and a desire to see us great again and we drive him out. 

We will live to rue this.

I genuinely feel sorry for him.

And for us.

Why has he been driven out? 

13 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

There won't be...he will either have to take a low price or keep funding the losses. Whatever he does from now he isn't getting his money back and given his incompetence he doesn't deserve to get his money back.

Not too bothered about him getting his money back, more concerned about whose going to fund the club, plug the FFP black hole. 

The easiest way for DC is sale of assets, no reason for him to waste any more money and may take the view that an FFP complaint club is more appealing than a club with one or two less players.

The other unpalatable outcome of this is that it pretty much secures Jos' job until we have new owners or are relegated, whichever happens first.

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, striker said:

Not good news IMO, don't feel the amount of the criticism DC received is warranted.

Those who wanted him out have got their way, just hope there are buyers queuing up to buy an overpriced, loss making business.

Who has turned us into a business making huge losses?

Who put the ridiculous overheads in plac?

Who will set the asking price?

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Agree 2

Good riddance, hopefully he finds a buyer sooner rather than later.  It’s time to get behind the players now and create a more positive atmosphere for them to play in, the last thing we need is another relegation.  

• Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Certainly speaks volumes as to why Dross is still in a job, why sack him and pay up his contract if he has the club up for sale.

Agree, but I am sure a club holding it’s own on the field in mid-table is a lot better prospect to buy than one facing relegation. I hate to say it, but the lot from S2 have their own off-field issues but having a decent manager has allowed them to crack on and give it a go. If DC was to bring in someone decent then things could look a lot better in a relatively short period. Issue is he has disclosed the fact he wants to sell, the window for doing moves in and out is only a few weeks away. Not sure anyone of note

would want to come in in our situation.

• Agree 2