Official - Club up for sale

7 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

We're back at same place before he took over so not success or the disaster some like to make out.

There's a big possiblity we'll go down. With the highest ticket prices for 2nd tier football in the world I guess we should never question why it looks like happening then. On the basis that we were once this poo in the past. Brilliant! 

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I'm really not buying this at all, would you rather him at the beginning of the transfer window told the football world that we are under embargo and allowed other teams to cherry pick the few decent assets we have for a pittance, we'd be in a far, far worse situation than we are now, a season ticket is a gamble whenever you buy one could I have my money back from the Premiership relegation season??? 

Dont buy it then. Makes no difference to me.

• Haha 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

So his responsibility then for the fact we can't do anything? 

He will look after the bare minimum mate, cover the financial blackhole every month maybe sell a player or two if we get a good offer 

he’s not gonna be investing in players is he 

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

There's a big possiblity we'll go down. With the highest ticket prices for 2nd tier football in the world I guess we should never question why it looks like happening then. On the basis that we were once this poo in the past. Brilliant! 

There's not a big possibility we will go down.

Like I said some just are all doom and gloom never happy, Chansiri biggest mistake was not keeping whoever was Milans pr person.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He will look after the bare minimum mate, cover the financial blackhole every month maybe sell a player or two if we get a good offer 

he’s not gonna be investing in players is he 

Because the fans have had the temerity to question what has been happening? Really? I think you are trying to blame the fan base far more than he has done.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Dont buy it then. Makes no difference to me.

It doesn't cos you've obviously not a clue what you are talking about and would be vociferously posting about why we sold all our decent players in the summer had the embargo been made public, even the EFL advise clubs to keep it under wraps.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

In all seriousness - I wouldn’t worry unduly about the standard of the football.

Hillsborough is a meeting place, where people can cheer or moan.

Its just a backdrop. A backdrop to people’s lives.

I saw Wednesday beat Burnley 7-0 in 1969. So what - it’s gone, just a memory.

What is more important is the long term sustainability of the Club. 

Relegation/promotion is a side issue - over a life time.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I'm really not buying this at all, would you rather him at the beginning of the transfer window told the football world that we are under embargo and allowed other teams to cherry pick the few decent assets we have for a pittance, we'd be in a far, far worse situation than we are now, a season ticket is a gamble whenever you buy one could I have my money back from the Premiership relegation season??? 

The inner circles of the football world knew we were in financial trouble and probably knew we were in or close to an embargo, far more than we did. Bristol's manager intimated as much when they bought Hunt - the only player we sold so Chansiri was never going to let us get 'cherry picked' at that stage.

Even so, it's one thing not to state you are under an embargo but another to intimate to the fan base that the approach will be similar to the previous seasons. 

11 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

You have got your head firmly in the sand. 

We're on target to concede over 80 goal for one. That's going to get us places isn't it. 

5 points out of a possibly 30, or 1 win in 10 that's automatic promotion form.

Some people just can't see what is literally smacking them in the face.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Wanted him gone didn’t we ? 

You need to stop looking at your own to blame all the time .

Get a grip.

We was here before and will be here after chansiri.

It has turned out he has been clueless with money just our luck i guess.

40 minutes ago, Havin-a-hoot said:

Man, this is sad news. I actually thought he was a top bloke - not as clued into football as I'd like but had an enthusiasm that made me believe in 10 years time he'd have the gained the experience needed to properly take the club places. I always worry what sort of buyer we will get... some saudi prince? 

At the current rate we won’t be around in 10years.

He’s trying to learn on the job. You simply cannot do this in this industry especially when your as stubborn as he is.

His right hand men/women are puppets & that’s why we’ve seen massive personnel changes throughout his tenure. 

He should’ve come in & took a back seat as the owner of the club & appointed a experienced chairman to run the show.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

He’s broken,   Round of applause for the Sheffield Wednesday fan base 

I can feel the sarcasm but honestly, if you too heard him tonight it was clear he is out of his depth in the role. You could tell that the people sat with him thought that too.

It may be a disaster if we don't find a buyer but we might also get someone better qualified. He is a sensitive soul and I feel sorry for him now but he clearlywasnt up to this

Honestly see this as a good thing on balance. Nothing against DC but he can't handle the demands of leading a club and appeasing a fan base. He is not made for this. He could of course employed people at the club, not contractors to do that. 

If he is true to his word and continues to do his best before we are sold, which he will because he wants value then we will be alright. Unless of course a worse owner comes in. Careful what you wish for etc.