Official - Club up for sale

48 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Keeping reading this tinks But is there any basis to it?

Of course somebody posted it on Sheffield Forum/Mumsnet/Redditt or Owlstalk please delete where appropriate. 

Its a straight battle between her and Red Bull to buy us and Champions League here we come. 

14 minutes ago, steelowl said:

it does I met a few about 7 years ago  football attracts  allsorts  

I haven't watched the Boro video yet so perhaps i'm wrong about him but Gibson seems  the sort of guy I'd want here 

Would love a chairman like Gibson but there hasn't been anybody out there like that for the last 20years so why would they be now?

The good news is I don't think anyone nearby is openly up for sale at the moment. That should mean DC gets the pick of all the billionaires who want to spend tens of millions buying a business in desperate need of investment, which they cannot improve in any way due to regulations supposedly there to protect the club. 

19 minutes ago, steelowl said:

it does I met a few about 7 years ago  football attracts  allsorts  

I haven't watched the Boro video yet so perhaps i'm wrong about him but Gibson seems  the sort of guy I'd want here 

Totally agree but for every Gibson there are 5 sorry make taht 50 ,that have killed their clubs. At least we have one that cares. 

Edited by oakleyrob

2 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Would love a chairman like Gibson but there hasn't been anybody out there like that for the last 20years so why would they be now?

We need a billionaire Wednesdayite.

How many Arctic Monkeys albums do we need to buy?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If we did get new owners does it affect our FFP position. A few months ago Villa looked to be screwed with Xia's overspending, but then along come new owners and they're linked with new signings which I found mystifying.

I don't think Aston villa had ffp problems mate think it was the 4 million tax bill which they couldn't pay the new owners paid this but from what i understand if they don't go up this year then they are really in the poo our biggest problem is we have not sold Any one last couple of years which has made a massive difference to our problems maybe in January we can off load and end of season alot of hi earners will be gone lol

• Thanks 1

Turbulent time ahead but this will be for the best.

Chansiri came over as a man at the end of his time here before he actually came out and said it.

He came over as confused, unprepared for probing questions and without any forward plan.

I expect there will be no major decisions on anything much in the short term.

Just hope he doesn’t stripout the playing assets to recoup some of his losses.

10 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I think he's a decent bloke. Badly advised and a little naive in football matters but still a decent bloke.

After all we've put up with in the last 40 years we finally get a chairman willing to put money in and a desire to see us great again and we drive him out. 

We will live to rue this.

I genuinely feel sorry for him.

And for us.

This