Official - Club up for sale

39 minutes ago, SiJ said:

You may well be right...

After last night, I'd put a fair wage on us getting relegated this season. 

Chansiri moving on for the best, but to say the road to a new owner is covered in potholes would be an understatement. 

For now he'd be wise to sack Jos, hire Paul Hurst or Nathan Jones, sell our saleable assets in Forestieri, Reach and Bannan and hope we can replace them cheaply with loans to keep us up.

If not, we have a good L1 manager to build to take us back up.

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I'm still hoping it's spur in a moment thing and he backtracks.

But it won't be and we'll be sold to some right waster. Ffs

DC falls into the category.

fair play to him for coming in and Splashing the cash though 

Beggars belief that Chansiri puts the club up for sale to the delight of a big percentage of the fanbase .....      

And he’s still called a liar 

2 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

If we did get new owners does it affect our FFP position. A few months ago Villa looked to be screwed with Xia's overspending, but then along come new owners and they're linked with new signings which I found mystifying.

Villa's financial situation had nothing to do with FFP, it was down to Xia not being able to get his money out of China. Plus they still got parachute payments this season.

• Thanks 1

I wonder how bad we will have to get under Jos before DC acts, if he now can't be arsed? The crux of the whole thing is staying up. Winning games. Not only to potential buyers but to ST sales, players futures etc etc. Might be the clear out we need & could be a blessing in disguise. Up your game boys or you could end up in the pub league or unemployed. Never a dull moment.

UTO. Roll on Satdy & back to an actual football match.

3 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I wonder how bad we will have to get under Jos before DC acts, if he now can't be arsed? The crux of the whole thing is staying up. Winning games. Not only to potential buyers but to ST sales, players futures etc etc. Might be the clear out we need & could be a blessing in disguise. Up your game boys or you could end up in the pub league or unemployed. Never a dull moment.

UTO. Roll on Satdy & back to an actual football match.

It could well work the other way . A potential buyer may think wait till they get relegated and pick the club up for a far lower price,  and rebuild from there.

Relegation will wipe millions off our valuation.

23 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It could well work the other way . A potential buyer may think wait till they get relegated and pick the club up for a far lower price,  and rebuild from there.

Relegation will wipe millions off our valuation.

True. To be honest mate, the dozens of scenarios that might unfold are too many to even guess at & way beyond my thought process. As Doris Day said, que sera sera. I'm just looking forward to going to a match, which is why we're involved anyway. It might be a good performance, it might be a Burton under Bullen, but it won't be dull. :biggrin:

A way to get an investor in for a joint ownership maybe? 

Also, how would it work with FFP if he sold to someone? Would that solve us of issues or are we going to still have a few years of tight purse strings? 

Sorry if already been mentioned in the thread! 

So, Chansiri is happy to sell (and I for one do not blame him). Where does that leave us? 

Before he took over, we were a League 1 side, playing Championship football.

We had an aging ground that sloped like a swiss chalet roof, and flooded frequently due to drainage. We had been rescued from extinction by the previous owner, on the doorsteps of the Winding Up Court. The debt owing was paid off by the previous owner, Milan.

In his interregnum, we have had the pitch levelled, drainage sorted, Desso pitch installed, a new large-screen installed.

We have bought some expensive players in a gamble to reach the hallowed heights of Premiership.

.As far as I can see, we are no WORSE off than before, and wyld argue we are a better proposition for a potential buyer.

Yet the man who has paid for all this is vilified. You could argue that he has grabbed our cash with his 3-year season ticket deal, but this is a complete falsehood. Anyone who bought the tickets, and I was one, did so for one reason, and one reason alone. For OUR financial benefit. We got 3 years of guaranteed prices, which we got. No one conned us into buying them. One could argue that it was our own greed that brought this about. We weren't forced to buy them.We queued up for them.

The team is playing crap, but what's new about that. Anyone who has followed Wed. for many years can remember the days when we were in danger of relegation, not from Championship to L1, but from L1 to L2. We have had crap managers in the past, and I don't doubt we will have them in the future. How many teams with far better prospects than us has this happened to? Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, to say noting of the Newcastles, West Hams,Fulhams Sunderlands.-he list is endless.

I would argue that we are in no worse a position now than when DC took over.  

As for a buyer,who wants to buy a club and lose money to suit 25,000 moaning fans?

This is not to put the blame on any fans at all, but our moaning over the lat 12 months has taken us to a new level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

So, Chansiri is happy to sell (and I for one do not blame him). Where does that leave us? 

We had an aging ground that sloped like a swiss chalet roof, and flooded frequently due to drainage. We had been rescued from extinction by the previous owner, on the doorsteps of the Winding Up Court. The debt owing was paid off by the previous owner, Milan.

In his interregnum, we have had the pitch levelled, drainage sorted, Desso pitch installed, a new large-screen installed.

We have bought some expensive players in a gamble to reach the hallowed heights of Premiership.

.As far as I can see, we are no WORSE off than before, and wyld argue we are a better proposition for a potential buyer.

Yet the man who has paid for all this is vilified. You could argue that he has grabbed our cash with his 3-year season ticket deal, but this is a complete falsehood. Anyone who bought the tickets, and I was one, did so for one reason, and one reason alone. For OUR financial benefit. We got 3 years of guaranteed prices, which we got. No one conned us into buying them. One could argue that it was our own greed that brought this about. We weren't forced to buy them.We queued up for them.

The team is playing crap, but what's new about that. Anyone who has followed Wed. for many years can remember the days when we were in danger of relegation, not from Championship to L1, but from L1 to L2. We have had crap managers in the past, and I don't doubt we will have them in the future. How many teams with far better prospects than us has this happened to? Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal, to say noting of the Newcastles, West Hams,Fulhams Sunderlands.-he list is endless.

As for a buyer,who wants to buy a club and lose money to suit 25,000 moaning fans?

This is not to put the blame on any fans at all, but our moaning over the lat 12 months has taken us to a new level.

Sorry but I disagree and we are in a worse position now to when he took over from Milan Manderic,

When he took over from MM the foundations were in place to take us to the next level, now we have a bloated squad and a looming transfer embargo for the 2nd time. This means we can do very little to reshape the playing staff. 

We also have the highest ticket prices in the league and cant reduce them because costs are so high and already made a promise to multi year ticket holders that they had the best prices.

We have alienated local businesses from sponsoring the club.

Yes we have had lower league positions before and this is not the first time I have seen us play poorly but it has never cost me so much to watch them.

I agree the pitch is good and the large screen scoreboard that many other club fans have taken for granted for year is great. I really enjoy the chairmen flashing out his name on it every 30 seconds along with a couple of paper companies advertising themselves. 

Think in some ways Sheffield Wednesday have sold their soul over last few years.

29 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

When he took over from MM the foundations were in place to take us to the next level,

What 'foundations'?

All MM did was to cut a deal with the bank and make the Co-op take a haircut. You can't say that on here though as he is revered as our 'saviour'. 

MM did it to make money for MM. Just like at Portsmouth and Leicester.

He was never a big Wednesdayite although he may well have enjoyed his time here and the promotion obviously did his reputation no harm. He did not 'build for the future' and spent about the same as DC on the ground;- nothing!

3 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

What 'foundations'?

All MM did was to cut a deal with the bank and make the Co-op take a haircut. You can't say that on here though as he is revered as our 'saviour'. 

MM did it to make money for MM. Just like at Portsmouth and Leicester.

He was never a big Wednesdayite although he may well have enjoyed his time here and the promotion obviously did his reputation no harm. He did not 'build for the future' and spent about the same as DC on the ground;- nothing!

I have never said MM was some sort of saviour, thought it went a bit stale under his ownership for the last 12 months.

But he did put the club on a sound financial footing, debt free and not in danger of a going into a transfer embargo for the second time.
I would say the club was in better shape to be took over then than it is now.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

You’re not factoring in the operating losses we have now and the future liabilities with the high earners we still have to pay for the next few years.

The closest comparison to where we are now would be when we were relegated from the premier league with Hinchcliffe, Jonk, De Bilde, O Donnell and Donnelly still on the wage bill.

59 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sorry but I disagree and we are in a worse position now to when he took over from Milan Manderic,

When he took over from MM the foundations were in place to take us to the next level, now we have a bloated squad and a looming transfer embargo for the 2nd time. This means we can do very little to reshape the playing staff. 

We also have the highest ticket prices in the league and cant reduce them because costs are so high and already made a promise to multi year ticket holders that they had the best prices.

We have alienated local businesses from sponsoring the club.

Yes we have had lower league positions before and this is not the first time I have seen us play poorly but it has never cost me so much to watch them.

I agree the pitch is good and the large screen scoreboard that many other club fans have taken for granted for year is great. I really enjoy the chairmen flashing out his name on it every 30 seconds along with a couple of paper companies advertising themselves. 

Think in some ways Sheffield Wednesday have sold their soul over last few years.

This finishes at the end of this season - so a tiny shaft of light maybe?

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have never said MM was some sort of saviour, thought it went a bit stale under his ownership for the last 12 months.

But he did put the club on a sound financial footing, debt free and not in danger of a going into a transfer embargo for the second time.
I would say the club was in better shape to be took over then than it is now.

Yeah MM put in fantastic shape to be taken over 

by an azerbaijan’ fraudster if he had his way 

16 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He’s out of his depth. Feel sorry for him. 

I agree with you in one way I do feel sorry for him in the respect he’s lost money but when you go in a business adventure you should know there’s always a risk of losing money And at the end of the day it is down to his business experience of getting the right people behind him to help him and unfortunately he did not But as for losing money if he did sell the club when he sells a club I’m sure he will probably breakeven he’s not a daft man

5 hours ago, swissmess said:

Running a sweetshop really turns over the cash, and here's me thinking it was a Mom and Pop operation light years away from a billionaire family with interests around the world. Try adding up the value of the players if there's a fire sale, and the sale of Hillsborough for redevelopment and then moving the club shell that is left to someone who wants to launder lots of cash from 'interesting sources'. And ha s a  desire to have the club renamed to whoever will pay the most. "Sweetshop Supers" "Persil Panthers" "ChupaChups Wonderpups" Stripes? probably end up in spots. He has made some changes, spent a fortune on us and given us two glorious years in a sea of mediocrity. Wouldn't like to give you a Christmas present, probably end up in the bin. People should be careful of what they wish for. These might just be "Our Best Days"

I'm glad you know so much about sweet shops... I don't

Shows how much you know about the clubs history. lol
Nice try