The lowest I’ve ever felt as a Wednesday fan

21 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not sinister, just incompetent in my view.

The frightening thing about all this is that we have chairman who will not listen to reason because its his big toy and no one can have it. The money aspect is a drop in the ocean to his family and he will continue in the same vein because he can. He hasn't a clue about the game, maybe running a business yes, but this is football, and its not like replacing a cannery operative with someone who can actually manage the running of it (Team Manager). All the fuss surrounding the club, playing staff etc is obviously not phasing him one bit. That is the worry. He personifies the word 'arrogance'

5 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

The frightening thing about all this is that we have chairman who will not listen to reason because its his big toy and no one can have it. The money aspect is a drop in the ocean to his family and he will continue in the same vein because he can. He hasn't a clue about the game, maybe running a business yes, but this is football, and its not like replacing a cannery operative with someone who can actually manage the running of it (Team Manager). All the fuss surrounding the club, playing staff etc is obviously not phasing him one bit. That is the worry. He personifies the word 'arrogance'

Sadly, I've never bought the money theory that he's loaded/has a good funds source.

The Paxo stuffing tie in, cheapo kit debacle, unknown unemployed manager shiite, rinsing the fans for every penny etc tells me Daddy has put limits on our super successful businessman.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Sadly, I've never bought the money theory that he's loaded/has a good funds source.

The Paxo stuffing tie in, cheapo kit debacle, unknown unemployed manager shiite, rinsing the fans for every penny etc tells me Daddy has put limits on our super successful businessman.

Just wait till the S**tstorm hits DC Next season when we're playing the likes of Fleetwood,Lincoln etc in L1.and things are going to get a whole lot worse in L1 than what they are at present though that can avoided by giving JOS the boot now rather than waiting till Mid Jan/Feb.:tango:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Agree completely. It’s like a takeover with reservations. He’s taken over and absolutely fleeced the fans to stupid levels, taken 3 and 5 year season ticket money and still come up short.

loads of reports now that he’s not playing certain players because of loyalty/appearance bonus’ etc. If you are loaded then you really aren’t bothered about these kind of things. It doesn’t add up to me either. I think he’s run out of money now. If so and he needs to sell us then he’s gonna take a massive hit on his investment with the way he’s been chucking money around on shi ite. 

• Like 1

Things were really bad in the early/mid seventies, but even then there seemed an optimism that things would work out.

I hope we can get through the apathy and negativity surrounding the club now. I have followed this club for nearly 50 years and have never felt so disenfranchised as I do now.

As a POTG supporter I have the choice not to attend. That choice gets easier week by week.

24 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Agree completely. It’s like a takeover with reservations. He’s taken over and absolutely fleeced the fans to stupid levels, taken 3 and 5 year season ticket money and still come up short.

loads of reports now that he’s not playing certain players because of loyalty/appearance bonus’ etc. If you are loaded then you really aren’t bothered about these kind of things. It doesn’t add up to me either. I think he’s run out of money now. If so and he needs to sell us then he’s gonna take a massive hit on his investment with the way he’s been chucking money around on shi ite. 

You've got it.

Personally, and just my own opinion, I'm not even convinced he fully owns the Club.

Sage and Onion worries me greatly.

20 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Under Irvine in League One people forget we were top 2 until the January transfer window. It all went drastically wrong from there. But at least Mandaric put him out of his misery promptly.

Jos has been here far too long and the atmosphere has turned so sour and it’s very very damaging.

We were very fortunate to be second place after beating Bristol Rovers 6-2. The Rovers and Hartlepool games were freak shows considering the usual rubbish being served up.

Nicky Weaver kept Father Ted in the job way longer than he should have been. He should have been sacked/removed after the home defeat to Huddersfield.

I absolutely hated the football and hated the constant rubbish being served up by the clown. Charlton away and Huddersfield at home should have been the final straw, unacceptable they weren't. 

Edited by katie melua

I enjoy SalyCinammon's posts on here but I fear the league position under Irvine at Christmas that year was misleading.

We had played quite a few more games than other teams as the snow came in early December that year.

Anyone who endured the thrashings under Irvine away at Swindon and Exeter City pre-Christmas will I am sure still bear the psychological damage.

Those capitulations under master coach Irvine are still etched on my mind.

The club is rotten to the core.

There was/is a gap in the market to become a good footballing side and marketable club in a fairly large city that is Sheffield, DC could have capitalised on this but hasn’t.

The ground needs major redevelopment to bring it into the 21st century, not quite knock it down and start again but still looks a mess inside and out. 

The badge change was a big mistake, we had a very modern, simple design with a few tweaks could have been an instantly recognisable  brand, we’ve ended up with something that looks awful. While a nod to the past in the 150th year is a nice gesture, re-branding the face of the club was a humongous mistake.

The advertising is a shambles, a complete and utter shambles. Chansiri, D Taxis and Elev8 plastered everywhere around the club does not look professional, it doesn’t send out the right message to other potential business’s.

I won’t go into pricing because we all know everything from tickets to player/match day and pitchside sponsorship is extortionate.

The whole thing stinks of cheap and tacky. The whole club needed rejuvenating from top to bottom, not patching up. The fans aren’t proud of this club, I’m not proud of this club.

Edited by Mac_77

17 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

I thought the theory behind not playing certain players as they are due a big appearance bonus is that we dont break FFP rules rather then Chansiri had run out of cash.

Although I agree we only have his word for it that FFP is restricting the money he wants to spend.

I am coming round that FFP putting a break on our spending might be a good thing in the long run otherwise could be just storing up worse trouble in a few years down the line.

On 16/12/2018 at 00:53, Onge said:

I've felt worse - much worse - but that's only because I've become so detached from my club I'm struggling to care. I hate what Chansiri has done to this club and I simply don't trust him to make the right decisions.

In the dark days of the 00s the hope that a rich chairman would come along and we'd be able to spend money kept me going. Now that's proved to be a false dawn I'm all out of hope. And worst of all, all I feel is apathy...

Spot on. Literally everyone I know is like this now.