The lowest I’ve ever felt as a Wednesday fan

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The realisation is dawning that we might never get back into the top flight. In 1975 I thought we’d get back there one day. Now I’m not so sure. 

So the moment might not be worse but the prospects - who knows?  It’s subjective anyway - your opinion is going to differ from other people’s. 

I wouldn't be quite so fatalistic about it, but it does feel like the glory days of the early 1990s will never happen again. Modern football sucks.

The thing about Olophinwotsit and Mcphail being such terrible midfielders, and they were terrible, then just think how bad we already were to get them in on loan. I actually thought Mcphail could be the answer for us in that first half on his home debut against Doncaster. Obviously he was actually crap and we lost.

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tonight. By quite a stretch.

People can do the usual and say ‘be grateful remember the Allen days, remember when Irvine was in charge’, truth is I feel more disillusioned and disconnected from this club than ever before.

Its garbage in every aspect.

Really???

The rate of our decline is quite frightening. 

Arguably, the mid-00s were worse, but it's pretty depressing to see us go from playoff contenders to relegation fodder within such a short space of time. 

That's bad enough, but then you throw in all the other off-field crap...

Not good and I fear it's only going to get worse, starting with this fans forum on Thursday. 

• Thanks 1

I’ll be honest with everybody after today’s result I would never like to see Our team lose But at the back of my mind I’m thinking hopefully that will just be enough to get rid of him now

I know it’s not just about the manager either it’s all about how the club is run now you feel far away from the club not knowing what’s going on with players or anything it’s like your purposes is just to watch and Pay Money 

Meh, is how I feel about everything wednesday these days 

Best players are injured? Meh 

Poor team line up? Meh 

Awful performance? Meh 

lose the game? Meh 

Watch the highlights? Meh 

look at the league table? Meh 

watch match of the day? Yes because it reminds me I actually like football 

5 hours ago, debram said:

Most on here demanded the sacking of CC, the present situation under Jos is far worse, please walk for the sake of our club and DC please appoint a proven championship manager for the sake of all our sanities.

Why does anyone think jos would walk, if he did he would lose, he will wait to be sacked and get paid off.

5 hours ago, Kernow_Blu said:

The lowest I've ever felt was when we lost 0-4 at home to Villa . They had the kop. They were going up , we were going down . It was awful.

Tonight I'm down , but the worst I've ever felt?. Nah , doesn't even come close.

This is much worse. I was at that Villa match. It was during a time when we had no money, no decent players and no expectations. Now we do have talent in the squad and we should have expectations but we've just squandered money due to bad management etc.

5 hours ago, Onge said:

I've felt worse - much worse - but that's only because I've become so detached from my club I'm struggling to care. I hate what Chansiri has done to this club and I simply don't trust him to make the right decisions.

In the dark days of the 00s the hope that a rich chairman would come along and we'd be able to spend money kept me going. Now that's proved to be a false dawn I'm all out of hope. And worst of all, all I feel is apathy...

I think a lot feel like that.

new dawn came, we thought we were saved.

somehow we’re in a worse position than we were before. 

Remarkable, and, enormously, gut wrenchingly, soul destroying 

5 hours ago, Stoop said:

Agreed

I actually laughed when Swansea scores the second. Usually I feel the urge to start smashing sh*t up when we concede, not anymore

I did too! Can’t remember reacting like that in a long time. 

When we went 1 up, I said to my son -“what do you reckon? 2 or 3 -1 defeat” - it’s just depressingly predictable 

Perhaps like others I do not possess a button that enables me to switch off Sheffield Wednesday.

At the moment I am down and am very worried about the likelihood of relegation if we keep Luhukay on.

I am not saying that the dismissal of Luhukay will change the bigger enagement issues surrounding DC's running of the club.

But if we get a proper Championship manager in we can start thinking about how we get the other 26+ points that we need to survive.

I’m still mildly surprised at just how down some of our fans get.

have we had things worse than this? Of course we have! The early 00’s were horrrific and we didn’t have one glimmer of hope.  

The club is being run poorly at the moment and things are rubbish but we do have hope....if the chairman learns from his mistakes. 

We we won’t go down....a change of manager and some of the talented players we have in our squad means we will survive comfortably.

its a total waste of a season and we knew that before a ball was kicked in August....that’s the depressing thing about all of this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

The club is being run poorly at the moment and things are rubbish but we do have hope....if the chairman learns from his mistakes. 

its a total waste of a season and we knew that before a ball was kicked in August....that’s the depressing thing about all of this.

Learn from his mistakes ?

We've been saying this since the start of his reign.

Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that he learns from any of his fookups.

• Thanks 2