The lowest I’ve ever felt as a Wednesday fan

47 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tonight. By quite a stretch.

People can do the usual and say ‘be grateful remember the Allen days, remember when Irvine was in charge’, truth is I feel more disillusioned and disconnected from this club than ever before.

Its garbage in every aspect.

Early to mid 70s was far worse

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Stopped caring along time ago. I certainly dont have a huge emotional attachment. I dont get up or down about it anymore. 

Ill still go, when I can. However its not a huge priority for me these days. 

The last time i was devastated with wednesday was against Hudds in the semi. Since then its been a long grind of disappointment and at some point, i opted out emotionally.

Edited by Beholder
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Seen us a lot, lot worse than this, football wise.

However this Chairman has done everything he can to detach me and many others from the club.

still be there on Saturday though. 

Think you have to put it into context, I remember the bad years in the 70s / 80s and yes we were poor.

but it's the modern game, and the squad we have was the envy of most of this league.
It's been decimated by mismanagement.

I think that's the issue here.... it's what we have...and it's not being used.
It's like John Holmes sat outside an Harem with the door locked.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

People can do the usual and say ‘be grateful remember the Allen days, remember when Irvine was in charge’, truth is I feel more disillusioned and disconnected from this club than ever before.

At least under Allen he managed to galvanise the fans, albeit against him. Them days there was anger but now there is just apathy. Difference these days is we are paying twice as much to watch the same tripe and the club is equally poorly run. 20 years of stagnation and decay with a brief glimmer of hope two years ago. Imagine following us is similar to being a long term heroin addict. Expensive and prolonged misery with only death bringing relief.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

At least under Allen he managed to galvanise the fans, albeit against him. Them days there was anger but now there is just apathy. Difference these days is we are paying twice as much to watch the same tripe and the club is equally poorly run. 20 years of stagnation and decay with a brief glimmer of hope two years ago. Imagine following us is similar to being a long term heroin addict. Expensive and prolonged misery with only death bringing relief.

Lol

adapting and pinching that last stafement

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The last time i was devastated with wednesday was against Hudds in the semi. Since then its been a long grind of disappointment and at some point, i opted out emotionally.

Yeah carlos season 2 and the eye watering high prices did for me. Didnt and still dosnt feel like my club anymore. 

Saw my my fair share of rubbish during the allen era. It was just funny then, we had a laugh about it. This is just different. 

Its all just very sinister. 

59 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And so Sally can wait, she knows it's too late as we're walking on by
Her soul slides away, but don't look back in anger I heard you say.

keep the faith.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Geedee said:

Worse moment in my time, Nottingham Forest Hillsborough 1990. 

We are 18th  not bottom 3, it's December not May. 

Changes need to be made, if they are made we will be fine 

Yes but now we are 18th in the 2nd tier, then we were relegated from the Premier League (and though it felt crap, we all knew deep down we would be back sooner or later). 

Now is much worse than then.

We have been much worse football wise though.

It's not just the football now, it's the distance between the club and fans, they treat us like a cash cow at best and like dog shyte at worst.

Sadly I can only see it getting worse before it gets better, it's us fans that really suffer, the manager, the players, the chairman they will all move on, we can't it's in our blood we are WTID and always will be no matter what.

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Yeah carlos season 2 and the eye watering high prices did for me. Didnt and still dosnt feel like my club anymore. 

Saw my my fair share of rubbish during the allen era. It was just funny then, we had a laugh about it. This is just different. 

Its all just very sinister. 

Not sinister, just incompetent in my view.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Not sinister, just incompetent in my view.

Perhaps wrong choice of words. 

Feels like my club has been taken away and im not welcome. Im. Not welcome to share it with my kids. I dunno, ive felt like that for ages. 

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Perhaps wrong choice of words. 

Feels like my club has been taken away and im not welcome. Im. Not welcome to share it with my kids. I dunno, ive felt like that for ages. 

Sad but true.

Once a Chairman starts blaming fans, and excluding local business, which ours did early days, the inclusivity, community feeling, and fan engagement is dead in the water.

Sad.

9 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Yes but now we are 18th in the 2nd tier, then we were relegated from the Premier League (and though it felt crap, we all knew deep down we would be back sooner or later). 

Now is much worse than then.

We have been much worse football wise though.

It's not just the football now, it's the distance between the club and fans, they treat us like a cash cow at best and like dog shyte at worst.

Sadly I can only see it getting worse before it gets better, it's us fans that really suffer, the manager, the players, the chairman they will all move on, we can't it's in our blood we are WTID and always will be no matter what.

Good and well written post

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Sad but true.

Once a Chairman starts blaming fans, and excluding local business, which ours did early days, the inclusivity, community feeling, and fan engagement is dead in the water.

Sad.

Thats it you see, community engagement. Celebrate it. All in it together, your part of something bigger. 

• Like 1