The lowest I’ve ever felt as a Wednesday fan

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Was watching soccer Saturday, equaliser went in I kind of laughed fully expecting it, second went in I just looked away, was a case of knew it was coming just a matter of time.

same here mate . You just knew it was coming. 

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Tonight. By quite a stretch.

People can do the usual and say ‘be grateful remember the Allen days, remember when Irvine was in charge’, truth is I feel more disillusioned and disconnected from this club than ever before.

Its garbage in every aspect.

Ive seen worse football , back in the Steve Burtenshaw days , but ive never felt the apathy i feel now , ive never felt as disconnected with the club ive supported for over 50 years ,and ive never got up on match day and thought sod it ,and left the ST in the drawer and not bothered going. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, vulva said:

My low point, in the modern era, is Dave Jones telling us Stephen McPhail wasn’t fit enough to take corners. 

Him and Seyi Olofinjana were the slowest most inept midfield partnership ever witnessed at S6. Which in itself is a miracle coming not longer after we had to watch Potter and O'Connor get us relegated with their crapness.

1 minute ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Him and Seyi Olofinjana were the slowest most inept midfield partnership ever witnessed at S6. Which in itself is a miracle coming not longer after we had to watch Potter and O'Connor get us relegated with their crapness.

Olifinjana wasn’t that bad imo. Would imagine in his heyday he was an absolute beast. 

The thing to remember and learn from the last 3 years is, it was entirely predictable and likely.

The Chairman isn't a successful businessman in my view, despite the Apologists touting him as such. The warning signs were there from day 1 with the executive box and kit debacles.

Throw in Sage and Onion's mischief, and ignoring the Apologists claiming no involvement.

Then, to sprinkle some dressing on the sloppy shiit pie, appoint two of the most shockingly incompetent managers in our history.

It is no suprise whatsoever, that we face relegation, alongside financial ruin.

Wake up and smell the coffee. If you clap him at the forum you deserve no sympathy.

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

The thing to remember and learn from the last 3 years is, it was entirely predictable and likely.

The Chairman isn't a successful businessman in my view, despite the Apologists touting him as such. The warning signs were there from day 1 with the executive box and kit debacles.

Throw in Sage and Onion's mischief, and ignoring the Apologists claiming no involvement.

Then, to sprinkle some dressing on the sloppy shiit pie, appoint two of the most shockingly incompetent managers in our history.

It is no suprise whatsoever, that we face relegation, alongside financial ruin.

Wake up and smell the coffee. If you clap him at the forum you deserve no sympathy.

3 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Agreed. Im not going again until Jos gets sacked. A new manager would get a lot more out of this lot.

I acknowledge there are a lot of issues with our Chairman and our direction but this Manager has surely got to be our worst Managers over the last 20 years or so. Negative, passionless, passive, no plan. Just awful.

I agree, as a season ticket holder I've missed last 3 home games and won't be attending again until Jos is gone.

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Football fans are constantly saying that [insert recent event] is the worst thing ever. As a consequence, it rather becomes like white noise after a while, regardless of any actual merit it might have. It's difficult to believe that anyone genuinely believes this is the worst time to be a Wednesday fan given some of what we've had to suck up even in just the last few years, never mind casting the net further back.

DJ whilst i feel you come across as an intellectual poster, your willingness to criticise football fans as a whole without ever giving your opinion a bit boring.

Look forward to hearing your views without generalizing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Football fans are constantly saying that [insert recent event] is the worst thing ever. As a consequence, it rather becomes like white noise after a while, regardless of any actual merit it might have. It's difficult to believe that anyone genuinely believes this is the worst time to be a Wednesday fan given some of what we've had to suck up even in just the last few years, never mind casting the net further back.

It’s our longest spell ever outside the top flight and there’s no prospect of it ending. That can’t be ignored. 

• Like 1

Because of the recent highs of playoff finishes the lows feel all the more worse right now.

But who can forget the 15 years of hopeless drudgery we went through prior to that purple patch?

Just feel sick that a massive opportunity has been squandered and we’re as far off making it into the premier league as we’ve ever been.

23 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It’s our longest spell ever outside the top flight and there’s no prospect of it ending. That can’t be ignored. 

Nor can being in the High Court attempting to preserve the right of the club to even trade at all, nor being 90 minutes from the 4th tier, nor averaging 12,000 attendances at home, nor begging through the local newspaper for money to keep the club going, nor scoring just twice in the final 17 games of a season, nor the club attempting to sue fans into silent submission, nor the chairman being at war with a supporters association...

Right now is crap; there's no denying that. But saying it's the worst ever all smacks a bit of social media drama-queenery.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Nor can being in the High Court attempting to preserve the right of the club to even trade at all, nor being 90 minutes from the 4th tier, nor averaging 12,000 attendances at home, nor begging through the local newspaper for money to keep the club going, nor scoring just twice in the final 17 games of a season, nor the club attempting to sue fans into silent submission, nor the chairman being at war with a supporters association...

Right now is crap; there's no denying that. But saying it's the worst ever all smacks a bit of social media drama-queenery.

The realisation is dawning that we might never get back into the top flight. In 1975 I thought we’d get back there one day. Now I’m not so sure. 

So the moment might not be worse but the prospects - who knows?  It’s subjective anyway - your opinion is going to differ from other people’s.