Please show respect for Mr Chansiri at the Fans Forum

I don’t fully understand why Chansiri should not be exempt from justified criticism, my worry is this forum is orchestrated to worship the guy. He needs a dose of reality, both about the club and his stewardship so far.

However, abusing him isn’t the right way. Just hope he listens to the voices of reason and opens his eyes. 

He's buried 2 managers in his drive to "earn respect". 

His FFP record is testimony to ambition without preparation.

It's obvious the players don't respect him. 

The next manager 'll be playing the tea-ladies. 

Let's be truthful, and show him the respect he deserves.

They should ask for questions in advance so they can gauge the main points of concern. And run the meeting through an independent chair who can act as a proxy fan and ask follow up questions. Otherwise I don’t see how a meeting with a thousand fans present can be anything other than total chaos. 

I understand why people want Jos gone, and I agree that it would be best if he went. But no matter the manager the underlying problems are still there. I fear that the focus is on the manager and the reel problems won’t get answered, especially if jos goes before the meeting.

I’ve worked at a company where really talented managers have failed, moved to another company and succeeded. The difference between the companies was the ownership, direction and culture.  Feels a bit like we all put our pitch forks down once the manager has gone and think everything will be ok.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

They should ask for questions in advance so they can gauge the main points of concern. And run the meeting through an independent chair who can act as a proxy fan and ask follow up questions. Otherwise I don’t see how a meeting with a thousand fans present can be anything other than total chaos. 

That just gives them a way of swerving issues they fell uncomfortable with.  

On 12/12/2018 at 20:28, BingleyOwl said:

I am sure that the discussions at the Fans Forum will be direct and challenging, and it is right that they should be. 

However, I sincerely hope that our fans are courteous and balanced in the style of their inputs.

It is important to recognise that Mr Chansiri has done a lot for the Club and that, under him, we've had two of our best seasons since we were relegated from the top Premiership.

We must also recognise that courtesy and respect are important qualities in Thai culture. To cause a Thai person to 'lose face' can be very damaging!

I feel that, whilst our short term success doesn't look particularly bright, we are in very safe hands with Mr Chansiri at the helm and it is very important that we try to keep him on our side.

Not sure DC deserves any respect. To persist with the current  manager is yet another unfashionable decision. I'd be delighted if he announced he wanted to sell up.

28 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

It's what I said at the last one and this will be no different. If Jos is still manager come Thursday, he's as good as said he is sticking by him without opening his mouth.

"If Jos is still manager"

It's incredible that we're still having to debate it.

The way this club is being run is a f£&@ing joke.

On 12/12/2018 at 20:35, james o connor said:

Safe hands , are you sniffing glue ? The blokes a liability . 

Respect is is earned and lost . He’s well and truly lost any respect he gained 

Casual respect for an older person, a boss, someone vulnerable....whatever  in Thai culture isn't earned. The same as our culture. We give respect to people who have the power to affect our lives negatively, or who are older, or weaker. Whatever we feel inside we mask our feelings most of the time out of ordinary politeness. We are polite to our boss often because we value our job and we know our relative positions. You might despise a boss, but you would be a fool to show it. Chansiri wields enormous power at the club. He owns the club, anything anyone wants to say can be said politely with respect. It's common courtesy. Thai people hate confrontation, you will never get a Thai person to listen by shouting. If you genuinely want to change or affect our owners attitude we all need to show respect and make points logically and politely. Abuse simply won't work, so if you have the interests of our club at heart as you often claim, you need to moderate your language and try to make points without abuse or name calling. That's if you really want to see the club turn around, rather than just scoring points and demonstrating your  grasp of sarcasm and negative labelling.                                                                                                            

58 minutes ago, swissmess said:

Casual respect for an older person, a boss, someone vulnerable....whatever  in Thai culture isn't earned. The same as our culture. We give respect to people who have the power to affect our lives negatively, or who are older, or weaker. Whatever we feel inside we mask our feelings most of the time out of ordinary politeness. We are polite to our boss often because we value our job and we know our relative positions. You might despise a boss, but you would be a fool to show it. Chansiri wields enormous power at the club. He owns the club, anything anyone wants to say can be said politely with respect. It's common courtesy. Thai people hate confrontation, you will never get a Thai person to listen by shouting. If you genuinely want to change or affect our owners attitude we all need to show respect and make points logically and politely. Abuse simply won't work, so if you have the interests of our club at heart as you often claim, you need to moderate your language and try to make points without abuse or name calling. That's if you really want to see the club turn around, rather than just scoring points and demonstrating your  grasp of sarcasm and negative labelling.                                                                                                            

Fair points, and I don't advocate swearing.

But IMO Chansiri will attempt to deflect the blame from himself, and his usual target is the fan base.

With the best will in the world, bearing in mind what has happened - or hasn't happened with regard to Jos, and taking into consideration the sizeable financial outlay borne by the fans, it's inconceivable that if Chansiri tries to blame the fans then those present will hold their tongues.

He must have some sense, and surely even he must realize the way this meet is likely to go if he attempts to do that.

It will be like a red rag to a bull.

Let's face it, bearing in mind the current run of results, and the fact that Jos has remained in post throughout, it's likely to be hot-tempered even if he doesn't pass the buck.

That's why I, and others, think that he's holding something back.

Why else call this meeting, and, as S36 says, why increase the audience and inflame the situation even more?

I wouldn't mind betting that he'll announce something completely unexpected at the beginning to confound the audience and throw the points they were going to make into disarray. 

16 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Exactly, and he wouldn't do that without a reason.

But what can that be?  A fan forum is not a decent place to announce the firing of a manager, or even really the appointment of a new one.

Not the time to announce intentions in the coming transfer window.

If the sale of the club, the new owner should organize, not the old.

Is he selling half the club for a shilling?

Edited by Hamakua Pueo

2 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

But what can that be?  A fan forum is not a decent place to announce the firing of a manager, or even really the appointment of a new one.

Is he selling half the club for a schilling?

Could be game changing :ph34r:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Is he selling half the club for a shilling?

That I don't know.

The logic is that if he's called this meeting it must be to his advantage.

Chansiri doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who's going to sit there for how ever long and take stick from a large audience.

He doesn't like criticism, that much we know, and criticism he's going to get in spades.

He's already been confronted by angry fans after the Norwich fiasco, so it's inconceivable that he doesn't know what he's in for.

The points you make are completely rational, but Chansiri ain't your average chairman.

I just think he believes he can appease, or at least wrong-foot, the audience from the off.