Please show respect for Mr Chansiri at the Fans Forum

12 hours ago, vulva said:

Well he found £60m from somewhere. 

Just my view, but I’ve always thought DC was the front man for family money. 

So did Paris Hilton for her coke and shoes but you wouldn't want her running club. 

Unless he introduces Bruce, this is just PR about renewing 3 year season tickets.

We need action and a top new manager - not head coach - would be a start. 

On 12/12/2018 at 20:28, BingleyOwl said:

I am sure that the discussions at the Fans Forum will be direct and challenging, and it is right that they should be. 

However, I sincerely hope that our fans are courteous and balanced in the style of their inputs.

It is important to recognise that Mr Chansiri has done a lot for the Club and that, under him, we've had two of our best seasons since we were relegated from the top Premiership.

We must also recognise that courtesy and respect are important qualities in Thai culture. To cause a Thai person to 'lose face' can be very damaging!

I feel that, whilst our short term success doesn't look particularly bright, we are in very safe hands with Mr Chansiri at the helm and it is very important that we try to keep him on our side.

Which is precisely why he won't sack managers he's appointed.

This isn't Thailand, it's the UK.

In this country you're judged by what you do; if you make a hash of things you're rightly criticised.

And Chansiri has indeed made a hash of things, and fleeced us for the privilege.

He should be given the rounds of the kitchen, six of the best, trousers down.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

On a light hearted note..

Would love loads of Owlstalk members to attend but only using their sign ins when prompted to ask a question ..

The vision of John Pearson calling out the likes of individually in the style of Father Jack  :--

"KenDoddsdadsdogsdead"

"JunkSmuggler"

"Hootie & The Shittu"

"Anus."

"Vulva"

"One Eyed Milkman"

& ShandyPants  

And many more ...

Would certainly bring a smile to one or two and the looks  on the none owlstalker's faces as the names are read out would be a picture 

Would lighten the mood I think too?

....lol

What about when this one gets called out

Yes you sir on the end of row 3

LoadAballacks

:Chansiri:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/12/2018 at 20:28, BingleyOwl said:

I am sure that the discussions at the Fans Forum will be direct and challenging, and it is right that they should be. 

However, I sincerely hope that our fans are courteous and balanced in the style of their inputs.

It is important to recognise that Mr Chansiri has done a lot for the Club and that, under him, we've had two of our best seasons since we were relegated from the top Premiership.

We must also recognise that courtesy and respect are important qualities in Thai culture. To cause a Thai person to 'lose face' can be very damaging!

I feel that, whilst our short term success doesn't look particularly bright, we are in very safe hands with Mr Chansiri at the helm and it is very important that we try to keep him on our side.

I completely agree that fans should show respect to the chairman but what I also ask for it for the club and the chairman to show the same amount of respect to the fans.

If a question is asked give honest answer, none of this no comment because of things that may happen in the future rubbish. Our club is heading for relegation be in this season or the next, the club is being run and managed like a Sunday league team. We have alienated half of the fan base through stupid pricing, we have stopped the older fans and frail fans from listening and following our team by spitting our dummy out at the radio which has actually cost the club in revenue as some revenue is better than none. We have also alienate all local business that gave to the club for 30+ years with sky high prices for second division football.

Yes treat the Chairman and club representatives with respect and dignity but also treat those fans that bleed blue and white and have support our club for many years before the current owner and will be here for many many years after he is gone, probably picking up the piece from the numerous mistakes that have been made and continue to be made, if the stories coming out about the club turning down £3m for our third choice goal keeper who will be leaving on a free transfer within the next 6 months.

Yet more examples of how lacking in basic business acumen the football club seem to be currently.

Yes we did get to Wembley and blow it, but you could also say under this chairman once last season accounts are filed we will see that the club is now over £50m+ in debt, with this season that figure could be up to £70m+ that is not a well run club and show the lack of basic business knowledge so our club is anything but in safe hands if we continue to hemorrhage money to put that into perspective at £500 each we would have to sell 100,000 season tickets. Mr Chansiri is not as great as he thinks he is and the first step to sorting this issues is for him to hold his hands up and say he needs help then from the fans or the wider community of footballing people who love our great club will come forward and help the club move forward but this means taking his head out of the sand and doing something that I personally do not think he ever will and admit he needs help.

23 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

On a light hearted note..

Would love loads of Owlstalk members to attend but only using their sign ins when prompted to ask a question ..

The vision of John Pearson calling out the likes of individually in the style of Father Jack  :--

"KenDoddsdadsdogsdead"

"JunkSmuggler"

"Hootie & The Shittu"

"Anus."

"Vulva"

"One Eyed Milkman"

& ShandyPants  

And many more ...

Would certainly bring a smile to one or two and the looks  on the none owlstalker's faces as the names are read out would be a picture 

Would lighten the mood I think too?

....lol

We have a question form Oldham MyGrion on row 2.

Mr P Ennis has a question for the chairman.

Mr Richard Head would like to ask a question - Richard ' My friends call me wee pipe'.

What for many new humorous logg in on Owls talk if we could do this. I may have to change my name to Elly fant, Dwyane Pipe or Emma Rhoyes :duntmatter:

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Of course the forum shouldn't turn into a slanging match and hear what Chansiri and anyone else has to say.

Call it showing Chansiri respect if you want.

But I dont think Chansiri showed respect to the supporters selling season tickets when the club were in am embargo and keeping it quiet.

Agreed. 

All for basic respect and courtesy, but I am finding it increasingly difficult to respect the job he has done here. 

This powow is bound to turn into a slanging match.

The reason being that Chansiri is incapable of shouldering any blame for the mess we're in, and attempts to apportion blame to others, and that's us.

When he does that - and he will - then it's unlikely that those present are going to be guarded in their comments.

There'll be high words.

It's inevitable.

Will a slanging match with Chansiri  get us anywhere ?  We really do want a change in direction from the present course ,He owns the club what ever we say ,Will he listen ? All these players  out surely they are not all injured . Does anyone think that come the Forum he will have a new manager next to him on the platform .We can not afford to be relegated ,Saying we cant afford to sack  Jos .How much would getting relegated cost us  .Worrying times ,Mr Chansiri the ball is in your court .

6 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

This powow is bound to turn into a slanging match.

The reason being that Chansiri is incapable of shouldering any blame for the mess we're in, and attempts to apportion blame to others, and that's us.

When he does that - and he will - then it's unlikely that those present are going to be guarded in their comments.

There'll be high words.

It's inevitable.

I fear it will devolve into a slanging match and the more annoyed DC gets, the worse it could get for us. Or, it may motivate a sale of the club. 

I just hope we don’t end up doing something like selling the stadium to generate money. 

23 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I fear it will devolve into a slanging match and the more annoyed DC gets, the worse it could get for us. Or, it may motivate a sale of the club. 

I just hope we don’t end up doing something like selling the stadium to generate money. 

I agree.

I don't think a slanging match will solve anything, but it's the only outcome I can personally envisage.

All he has to do is admit that he's blundered.

If he does that, then he'll have the fans on his side.

He is new to football, after all.

But the man's too arrogant to do that, and too childish to accept responsibility for this shambles.

He'll blame the fans, and when he does that those in attendance will not spare the rod.

Rightly, too.

I'm afraid that there's going to be a great deal of unpleasantness, and little Christmas goodwill on display.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I agree.

I don't think a slanging match will solve anything, but it's the only outcome I can personally envisage.

All he has to do is admit that he's blundered.

If he does that, then he'll have the fans on his side.

He is new to football, after all.

But the man's too arrogant to do that, and too childish to accept responsibility for this shambles.

He'll blame the fans, and when he does that those in attendance will not spare the rod.

Rightly, too.

I'm afraid that there's going to be a great deal of unpleasantness, and little Christmas goodwill on display.

Sums up how I’m thinking. 

Sucks, doesn’t it?

27 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Sums up how I’m thinking. 

Sucks, doesn’t it?

Yes, coupled with a squad whose morale is rock-bottom and poor results on the pitch.

Chansiri is fortunate that he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

If he'd had to make his own way in the world like the rest of us, goodness only knows where he'd be.

I wouldn't put him in charge of a coconut shy, let alone an organism as complex as a football club.

Honestly, if it turns into a slanging match ...which I’ve every expectation it will !  I can see him walking out , and then we can all start the ‘what now’ flap 

8 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Honestly, if it turns into a slanging match ...which I’ve every expectation it will !  I can see him walking out , and then we can all start the ‘what now’ flap 

I think he's got something up is sleeve, something with which he can take the wind out of the fans' sails.

I don't see any other reason why he would call this meeting.

I mean, what's in it for him otherwise?

He must know what is almost certain to happen, namely the slanging match which everybody is predicting.

Chansiri will have to effectively sit there and take stick for the duration of the session, because as soon as he tries to pass the buck all hell will break loose.

I think he'll announce something unexpected at the outset, to wrong-foot the fans in attendance, many of whom are spoiling for a fight.

He's either selling, has figured out some way of easing the financial situation, or he plans to have another manager in place by then, or assuredly lined up.

8 minutes ago, owler66 said:

Fed up of having to kiss his ar$€ because if we don't we won't have a club, personally I hope he does one and if it means this club has to start again so be it 

Another scenario is that he anticipates a slanging match, and uses this as a pretext for quitting the club.

Then he can blame us for it.