Please show respect for Mr Chansiri at the Fans Forum

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

That I don't know.

The logic is that if he's called this meeting it must be to his advantage.

Chansiri doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who's going to sit there for how ever long and take stick from a large audience.

He doesn't like criticism, that much we know, and criticism he's going to get in spades.

He's already been confronted by angry fans after the Norwich fiasco, so it's inconceivable that he doesn't know what he's in for.

The points you make are completely rational, but Chansiri ain't your average chairman.

I just think he believes he can appease, or at least wrong-foot, the audience from the off.

Agree 100%, but that has me concerned, because it is a little hard to imagine what he has in mind. Any actual action would seem better handled by a statement than a forum. And he doesn't do forums well.

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

That I don't know.

The logic is that if he's called this meeting it must be to his advantage.

Chansiri doesn't strike me as the kind of bloke who's going to sit there for how ever long and take stick from a large audience.

He doesn't like criticism, that much we know, and criticism he's going to get in spades.

He's already been confronted by angry fans after the Norwich fiasco, so it's inconceivable that he doesn't know what he's in for.

The points you make are completely rational, but Chansiri ain't your average chairman.

I just think he believes he can appease, or at least wrong-foot, the audience from the off.

That all depends if he has his performing seals in attendance.

4 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Nobody considering that respect works both ways and he's not going to come out full of respect for the fans, or at least i don't expect him to.

Sad, but unfortunately true. Being respectful to us family children doesn't seem to be in his interpretation of what it means to be a family. 

Got an idea, why don't we maybe wait and see what he actually has to say instead of winding one another up into a lynch-mob like frenzy before the said event therefore causing unnecessary premeditated friction and whipped up virtual hate before anyone's sat their fat arse on one of the seats and the guy's had a chance to open his mouth, maybe we will be shocked, maybe we will be angered, maybe we will be served the "same old" excuses and alleged fan blame, but let's at least be polite enough and open minded enough to see what he says first.....

FFS.....

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

That just gives them a way of swerving issues they fell uncomfortable with.  

I agree with @rickygoo (hate it when that happens...lolIt must have structure or it’ll be mayhem with nothing to show. l feel they’ll dodge the questions they don’t want or feel they can answer regardless.

I expect an atmosphere very similar the houses of parliament. Lots of jeering from the realists and plenty of agreeing from the Apologists. Pretty sure there will be sheep noises and maybe some cow mooing as well. I also hope DC is prepared for flatulence. Over 1,000 people in an indoor confined space, the central heating on full blast, after Xmas ales, isn't going to smell sweet.

The article below sums up what he's got coming.

In 1386 William Shaetyng, the inventor of the Ravens at the Tower of London, introduced the "Hubbub, murmury and generyl maundery Bill" which defined acceptable and unacceptable behaviour in the Houses of Parliament. Shouting, laughing, jeering etc were not only allowed but encouraged, while spitting, whistling and clapping were banned. It wasn't until 1715 that flatulence and "copying by noise or nature of" flatulence was banned following an incident where Charles Montagu soiled himself in the house and was greeted with farts and fart noises for months following the incident. It's from this incident that the very phrase "shits and giggles" originates.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, swissmess said:

Casual respect for an older person, a boss, someone vulnerable....whatever  in Thai culture isn't earned. The same as our culture. We give respect to people who have the power to affect our lives negatively, or who are older, or weaker. Whatever we feel inside we mask our feelings most of the time out of ordinary politeness. We are polite to our boss often because we value our job and we know our relative positions. You might despise a boss, but you would be a fool to show it. Chansiri wields enormous power at the club. He owns the club, anything anyone wants to say can be said politely with respect. It's common courtesy. Thai people hate confrontation, you will never get a Thai person to listen by shouting. If you genuinely want to change or affect our owners attitude we all need to show respect and make points logically and politely. Abuse simply won't work, so if you have the interests of our club at heart as you often claim, you need to moderate your language and try to make points without abuse or name calling. That's if you really want to see the club turn around, rather than just scoring points and demonstrating your  grasp of sarcasm and negative labelling.                                                                                                            

Whilst I appreciate the lesson in Thai culture , Chansiri isn’t my boss , he’s the bloke destroying the football club I support .

I couldn’t care less what Thai people deem acceptable if I’m brutally honest . The way he’s running the club is wholly unacceptable.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steveger said:

Got an idea, why don't we maybe wait and see what he actually has to say instead of winding one another up into a lynch-mob like frenzy before the said event therefore causing unnecessary premeditated friction and whipped up virtual hate before anyone's sat their fat arse on one of the seats and the guy's had a chance to open his mouth, maybe we will be shocked, maybe we will be angered, maybe we will be served the "same old" excuses and alleged fan blame, but let's at least be polite enough and open minded enough to see what he says first.....

FFS.....

That advice is way too sensible to be followed by us owlstalkers. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, swissmess said:

That's if you really want to see the club turn around                                                                                                    

Sadly, given the past few years.... the hope and expectation of that with this fella at the helm, just isn't there.
And... this is Sheffield. Respect is earned the hard way.

11 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

i seem to remember the last time we delayed sacking a manager and it ulmately cost us our place in the EPL was nearly 20 years ago in the 1999/2000 season.ie Danny Wilson. I fear we're repeating the same mistake with JOS.WTF::ghoulguy:

Have you forgotten the time we delayed sacking a manager all of twelve months ago?

:carlosswfc:

• Thanks 1

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Have you forgotten the time we delayed sacking a manager all of twelve months ago?

:carlosswfc:

Sorry forgot about that one, but the danny wilson sacking still bugs me nearly 20 years because it wasn't till late Jan/Feb 2000 that we sacked DW and by which time it was all too late and we dropped out of the EPL and have not been back since.:duntmatter::duntmatter:

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Sorry forgot about that one, but the danny wilson sacking still bugs me nearly 20 years because it wasn't till late Jan/Feb 2000 that we sacked DW and by which time it was all too late and we dropped out of the EPL and have not been back since.:duntmatter::duntmatter:

I knew it was getting bad when David Blunkett was publicly calling for Wilson's head.

It comes to something when even he could see what was going wrong before our chairman!