48 minutes ago, Imre Varadi's Conker said:

Absolutely disgusting that they're talking to Bruce about the managers job while a man is still working as a coach.

Should have sacked the useless fècker weeks ago.

I’d take Steve Bruce but not sure he’d come.

I know things went wrong for him at Villa but lots of managers have bad spells on their CVs but go onnto fo well in other jobs.

Gary Monk failed at Middlesbrough but is now doing well at Birmingham, Steve Maclaren... both me and loads of fans were horrified when he was linked with the Wednesday job previously but look what he’s doing at QPR now.

There’s no reason why Steve Bruce wouldn’t do well here, his overall CV at this level suggests he would but I’m just not sure he’d take the job anyway.

11 minutes ago, james o connor said:

There is enough  over paid past it crap on the playing side , we don’t need a manager to match it 

well said, should be looking for a manager that exceeds expectations on the way up, someone that succeeds without heavy finance. Bruce generally gets promotions because if you throw enough money at it you'll get there eventually. 

26 minutes ago, NYowl said:

I like Bruce as a person he comes over as a decent bloke.

Hope we don't get him as manager Villa looked as bad if not worse that us but with better players at their disposal.

If we are going old school would have preferred MM as he has proved he can work on a tight budget which is where we are now.

Yeah, and boring as f*** We shouldn’t be thinking old school, a forward thinking coach is what we need 

7 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Exactly the sort of unimaginative and doomed appointment I’d expect from the current regime. Bruce is overrated in the extreme, he doesn’t have a clue how to work without a sizeable budget behind him - one which he won’t get here.

good to hear some sense on here.

3 minutes ago, Adam Whittaker said:

Bruce couldn't get that villa squad up. He's no chance with our team. He's a luxury manager. No chance he'd ever come to s6. Warburton is more our level.

He was keen to talk to Reading (though their fans were up in arms) so I’m sure the Wednesday job would appeal, even allowing for the constraints

Though I too, think he’d be the wrong man

Edited by gurujuan

32 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Bruce & Jokanovic are the obvious candidates. Slav is only good with the ball. Since we have trouble even getting it, Bruce probably the wiser choice. Whether we're able to tempt him...have my doubts. Jos must go, regardless. Pull the trigger and see who wants it. 

Jokanovic teams play excellent football, he's had two recent promotions, this last one taking a team from the bottom

half of the table to a play-off win.

Bruce is going backwards, same as McCarthy and Holloway.

Jos has a safety first approach to games which totally stifles the way we can play.

He did a great job in keeping us away from trouble last season, considering all the injuries etc, but he needed to be more 

ambitious with his tactics this season. I agree, a change is needed, but it needs to be positive.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

We had one of them, a poor Hull side beat us...a couple of years ago..remember?lol

They had far superior players to us back then, but had we built on that campaign, and continued our attacking ways, we’d be back in the top flight