Sam Hutchinson

10 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

Stop living in the past people.

I don't direct this solely at you because there are a number of people saying similar things.."Hutchinson, won't play, get over it" etc.

Why?

He's a solid Championship player and a key member of our team for the last four years. 

Then all of a sudden he's frozen out without explanation

We have Joey, a worse version, playing his position every week

We're losing a lot and playing the worst football since the Alan Irvine days.

I don't think a reasonable answer to why he isn't playing is a lot to ask for

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crookesowl said:

That has to be nonsense. 

If Hutch plays every game left (25) then that’s £75k. In today’s world of football finance that is absolutely nowt. 

If we cant stretch to £75k due to FFP... let’s crowd fund it. 

No thanks

29 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

He's a solid Championship player and a key member of our team for the last four years. 

Except the truth isn't quite as simple.

I understand why people want him back, but I don't understand why they think he's the answer to our problems. He has been injury prone all his career and he's not getting any better with age. He might be a solid Championship player if he could stay fit, but he can't. So he's not part of the solution. The sad fact is that he's one of those who we need to clear out.

6 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I understand why people want him back, but I don't understand why they think he's the answer to our problems. He has been injury prone all his career and he's not getting any better with age. He might be a solid Championship player if he could stay fit, but he can't. So he's not part of the solution. The sad fact is that he's one of those who we need to clear out.

I see your point, you can't build a team around Hutch for the whole season. So Jos is trying to build around players who can play most games.

But, the season is dead. We need points on the board and Hutch is our best defensive midfield player.

If we can get 6 games out of him and it helps us get a few wins...it has been worth it.

We are desperate. Same goes for Westwood.

8 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

He’s a symptom though.

When fit, Hutch would enhance our side. Even if it is only from the bench. To disregard that is terrible management. On its own, that isn’t a hanging offence, but compounded with Westwood, Boyd, Jones and Abdi, it does start to look problematic. 

It isnt as though we are so asset-rich that we can afford to ignore talented players.

This has been Jos’ biggest failing. He hasn’t utilised the resources at his disposal in a sensible manner. It remains to be seen whether that is through his own arrogance, or instruction from above. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I don't think he is the sole answer to a our problems. 

Nor do I think we'd suddenly get 35+ games out of him.

What I'm saying is when he is fit he's a better option than Pelupssey. Even having him on the bench as an option to sure things up late on (think Kirby v West Brom).

Not utilising him in any manner is criminal. 

There is also the problem that having senior players like Hutch etc involved in some way at training sessions yet knowing they are wasting their time because they won't be playing is bound to have a negative impact on the atmosphere around the club.

It will also have an impact on the thinking of other senior players like Bannan , Lees who being asked to play alongside kids instead .

It is just a very poor way to handle the whole thing .

18 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

ITK eh ? So what’s with Westwood then ? 

Kieran Westwood is earning slightly higher on 7k appearance fee and 7k clean sheet bonus 

At the end of the season he will earn a 210k loyalty bonus which is why he rufuses to leave and hence why he isn’t being picked 

Handbags 

13 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Total made up nonsense, are you saying Reach and Bannan were not given these same terms? Laughable.

Bannan has a bonus of 100k should we get promoted, on top of his weekly wage of 18k he receives an appearance fee much lower of 2.5k and a goal bonus of 1k 

Reach on 20k per week 

promotion bonus of 100k

3k appearance and 1.5k goal bonus 

on promotion he would receive a 20% wage rise and also has a relegation wage drop of 25% 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Bannan has a bonus of 100k should we get promoted, on top of his weekly wage of 18k he receives an appearance fee much lower of 2.5k and a goal bonus of 1k 

Reach on 20k per week 

promotion bonus of 100k

3k appearance and 1.5k goal bonus 

on promotion he would receive a 20% wage rise and also has a relegation wage drop of 25% 

Yeah ok. :tango:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Hutchinson 

Boyd 

Abdi 

All have 3k appearance bonuses along with Abdi and Boyd on 5k goal bonuses 

the unused substitute bonus is 1.5k for all 3 

thats why 

But surely the appearance number you set has to be fairly high to trigger the bonus

these lot haven’t played a handful between them 

18 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

Foresteri has a habit of getting suspended or 'injured' during December and spending Christmas at home in Argentina every season. Most curious.

Every season apart from 15/16 and 16/17 yeah. So not really ‘every’ at all. And then if it was Christmas related then he sure laid it on a bit thick in 17/18. Could have done with him back in Jan/Feb/March. Curios.

18 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Until he leaves we are paying him big money. 

The team currently on the field is dog turd bad and likely to be relegated.

It isn't rocket science. Utilise all our playing resource to turn this steaming floater around.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ronio said:

Constantly labelled a crock on here, when in fact he is frozen out. 

Sums up some of the posters on here.  

No , you are right . He’s deffo not a crock , ever present throughout his career and has never retired previously through injury . Jeez if he isn’t a crock , I don’t know who is 

19 hours ago, nickswfc said:

I don't direct this solely at you because there are a number of people saying similar things.."Hutchinson, won't play, get over it" etc.

Why?

Then all of a sudden he's frozen out without explanation

We have Joey, a worse version, playing his position every week

We're losing a lot and playing the worst football since the Alan Irvine days.

I don't think a reasonable answer to why he isn't playing is a lot to ask for

Ditto Westwood