Cameron Dawson

Some will no doubt disagree, but I think the lad is having a decent season. 

23 years of age and thrown into a pretty dreadful situation. 

Personally, I think he has been badly let down by some of the more senior players. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Some will no doubt disagree, but I think the lad is having a decent season. 

23 years of age and thrown into a pretty dreadful situation. 

Personally, I think he has been badly let down by some of the more senior players. 

some may want westwood as number 1 but i cant believe anyone would query that the lad is having a decent season , he's been excellent and by far our most consistent player . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jos’s Tache said:

He’s one of our own.

I suspect hearing that ringing out after he'sd saved a penalty rather than the name of another keeper who hasn't played for a calender year might have been more of a confidence boost.

But there we go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All you’ve got to do is look at the defending for the goals at Blackburn. That’s what Dawson has had in front of him all season. 

He should be screaming at defenders instructing them where to stand then that wouldn't happen in front of him... according to some 

Laughable if you ask me, keep working hard Cammy, doing well 

Watched it on YouTube earlier. Thought he came across extremely well as he has in all the media he has done to be honest.

I agree with what some other people have said that he's actually having a good season. I think (and this is just my opinion) if you look at the keeper situation purely on performances over the last two seasons, he's been the most consistent of the three since the end of the 2016/17 season.

9 minutes ago, nilsson said:

We’ve conceded more than anyone in the league and plenty saying the keeper is our player of the season

:duntmatter::luhukay:

How many of those goals have been down to him though? How many times has he kept the score respectable and more importantly how many of the games we have got points from been because he's made a key save for us to do so?

1 hour ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

How many of those goals have been down to him though? How many times has he kept the score respectable and more importantly how many of the games we have got points from been because he's made a key save for us to do so?

I’m not having a go at him. Just shows how bad we are if we’ve conceded the most goals in the league and the keeper is potentially the player of the year

3 hours ago, nilsson said:

I’m not having a go at him. Just shows how bad we are if we’ve conceded the most goals in the league and the keeper is potentially the player of the year

Jordan Pickford was Sunderland player of the season in 16/17 when they finished bottom of the Prem, about 2p0 points adrift and conceding poo loads of goals.

So it happens.

Dawson is our Defense, there's nobody else in the way of the opponent running right into our 6-yard box,  our Attackers are having to double as Backfielders, and it shows. What Midfield?  There is no high-press, the opponent is free to just waltz on into our 6-yard box, via a leisurely stroll through our Midfield, and into a bunch of real fine Attackers, trying to defend, win the ball, and bring it out, by head or foot.  GK should be the last resort, the last chance, the last man...instead, he has to be the entire defense.