Cameron Dawson

Met him in the pub on the Xmas Eve just after Carlos got the sack. Was out with his family, really nice lad, did an autograph for my daughter and had his photo took with her. 

He’s come on a lot this season , as many have said he’s had nothing in front of him and lots of saving practice!

Dawson is a young keeper learning his trade, if we were a struggling team in the lower reaches of the league then great but we were meant to be a top 6 challenging team with an international standard goal keeper who cannot get a game in the worse defense in the league.

Yes the players in front of him have been gash, Pudil never should have got a contract in the summer as his legs have gone and the games he does play looks knackered after 60 minutes, Lees is an embarrassment and we make him captain leading by example might be half of our problems at the back, we have no championship quality full back and instead play kids there. The one shining light at the back Thorniley is dropped for playing well so if he follows Lees example he might play more for poor performance, We then find a kid in Penney who might sort the left back issues so tie him down to long term 1 year deal, then play him in midfield and up front. 

Dawson has risen to the challenge but how much damage has Jos done to him by leaving him in the firing line when the defense has been so bad, we will only know in the next 12-18 months. He develops into a top class keeper or he disappears to the lower leagues.

We forget the other young keeper we have who does not seem to be fairing too well, him confidence is shot after being thrown on the scrap heap by the current manager, first choice last season in the absents of Westwood and played extremely well in very difficult circumstances yes he made some mistakes but he's a kid that's what they do. He looks on the pitch and see the worse defense in the league and he cannot get a game either.  Jos youth policy seems to be doing more damage than good to most of the young players.

16 hours ago, SiJ said:

Some will no doubt disagree, but I think the lad is having a decent season. 

23 years of age and thrown into a pretty dreadful situation. 

Personally, I think he has been badly let down by some of the more senior players. 

Agreed, if he had come in to the defence we had two years ago people would be praising him to the hill tops !!!

Westwood in this calamitous team wouldn't look good.

23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All you’ve got to do is look at the defending for the goals at Blackburn. That’s what Dawson has had in front of him all season. 

This. 

We should back the lad. He has real potential. This season is as tough as it gets for a young keeper - survive this and he’ll be stronger for it. 

21 hours ago, nilsson said:

I’m not having a go at him. Just shows how bad we are if we’ve conceded the most goals in the league and the keeper is potentially the player of the year

Fair enough. Think the Jos face confused my reading of what you'd said. Apologies.