Team for Derby

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Westwood

Palmer. Lees. Hector. Pudil.

FF. Hutch. BB. Reach

Fletch. Joaoa.

four four fecking two. Best players in best positions.

Is left back Pudils best position these days though? 

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Is left back Pudils best position these days though? 

Pudil is better at CB than full back, IMHO, however I prefer Hector and Lees when we go with two CBs. In a back four, Pudil is a better defender than Penney or Fox so he goes in nicely at left back for me.

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Pudil is better at CB than full back, IMHO, however I prefer Hector and Lees when we go with two CBs. In a back four, Pudil is a better defender than Penney or Fox so he goes in nicely at left back for me.

Back four it's Hector and Lees for me too.

Left back. It's a throw up. Pudil has never stopped enough crosses for me . Something I think Penney has been our best at this season.

Ironically Fox has probably been the best deliverer of a ball from wide areas for us this season. Remarkable really. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Back four it's Hector and Lees for me too.

Left back. It's a throw up. Pudil has never stopped enough crosses for me . Something I think Penney has been our best at this season.

Ironically Fox has probably been the best deliverer of a ball from wide areas for us this season. Remarkable really. 

Poor lad, he rarely gets any credit for it though.

Edited by OxonOwl

Some key thoughts.

• Def need to be three at the back.  Since Jos took over we've conceded fewer goals and won more points playing a 3 than a 4 and we just kept our first clean sheet that way.
  • Fletcher and Dave both been on international duty and not training with the team so I think Joao might well start instead.
  • Hopefully at home we play at least one offensive wing back so its not just 5 at the back like last time.
  • Our best results have come with 3-4-3 rather than 3-5-2 (eg Villa and Bristol away) so got to consider this again.

Dawson

Lees Hector Thorniley

Baker Pelupessy Bannan Penney

Reach  Joao  Forestieri/Matias

Flat back 4 for me, Penny in my opinion is not a LWB, we will get exposed constantly with him in that position.

4231                                                             

Dawson.                                                       

Palmer Lees Thornily Pudil.                      

Pessy Hector.                                                                  

Reach   Bannan    FF                                      

Fletcher                                        

Despite a clean sheet last time out I still feel we may be vulnerable at the back so id start off with a packed midfield and frustrate them, counter as a team hopefully with more attacking purpose than at the Lane, If after 65mins were a goal down then Matias for FF, Jaou for Fletcher & Onomah for Pudil and go from 4231 to 4123.

The only issue with 4123 means chasing the game, we will either leave Thornily exposed or they will push Reach & Matias back forcing us into a 451 leaving

Joau completely isolated.

This formation thingy is not as easy as we think it is.

Dawson

Palmer Lees Hector Thornily 

Pessy                 

Onomah       Bannan 

Matias     Jaou     Reach

18 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m still hoping for a Sam Hutchinson recall, he’s 10 times the player Pelupessey is.

I’d go with...

Dawson

Palmer (RWB)

Hector

Lees

Thornley

Penney (LWB)

Hutchinson

Bannan

Reach

Fletcher

Forestieri

Now that’s not a bad 11.

Id go similar to this:

Dawson

Hector Lees Thornley

Reach Hutchinson (c) Bannan Penney

Matias Joao Forestieri

Yes I know its not natural for Reach to play RWB but he played very well there away at Wolves last year and he's gonna be better than Palmer !

Id also have Abdi on the bench.

I have got to that point that I don't care anymore.

We are at home, team should come to us looking for a draw as a good result, but we set up so defensive we invite them to attack then wonder why we struggle to defend for 90+ minutes.

Its time for Jos to show some balls and pick a team capable of winning not one just to minimise the losses.

For me anything less than a draw and a win against Bolton and Jos should be getting the sack. Enough is enough. Two week international break 2 under 23 games and quite easily we could have had some behind closed door friendlies and the only first team players getting any match practice is Wildsmith, JVA and 45 minutes for Jones. Yet come the press conference on Thursday and his excuse for not playing Fessi, Matias, Hutch etc - you guesses it no game time. 

Surprisingly for me I'd move away from my favoured 4-2-3-1 and in to a 3-4-2-1.

Dawson

Hector    Lees    Thorniley

Palmer Pelupessy Bannan Penney

Reach  Forestieri

João

On my last night shift I deliberated on a front two of Matias and Forestieri in a 3-5-2 as a means of having a threat in behind and intelligent movement from two technically gifted players. It'll never happen but I'd like to see it even if it was for twenty minutes with Bannan, Joey and Reach as the 3 men in midfield.

3 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Agree he’s better at cab but also the best option at left back

Team I Expect:

Dawson

Baker     Lees    Hector  Thorniley  Fox

Pelupessy 

Bannan           Penney

Reach

Fletcher

Team I want:

Dawson

Lees    Thorniley   Pudil  

Palmer                                             Penney

Hector

Bannan            Reach

Forestieri

Fletcher

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I have got to that point that I don't care anymore.

We are at home, team should come to us looking for a draw as a good result, but we set up so defensive we invite them to attack then wonder why we struggle to defend for 90+ minutes.

Its time for Jos to show some balls and pick a team capable of winning not one just to minimise the losses.

For me anything less than a draw and a win against Bolton and Jos should be getting the sack. Enough is enough. Two week international break 2 under 23 games and quite easily we could have had some behind closed door friendlies and the only first team players getting any match practice is Wildsmith, JVA and 45 minutes for Jones. Yet come the press conference on Thursday and his excuse for not playing Fessi, Matias, Hutch etc - you guesses it no game time. 

This, it’s got to the point where, under Jos, we are so boring, it’s difficult for me to muster anyone to travel. Used to regularly be 5 or 6 travel up from Oxford, now people say it’s just too grim

2 hours ago, spike1867 said:

On my last night shift I deliberated on a front two of Matias and Forestieri in a 3-5-2 as a means of having a threat in behind and intelligent movement from two technically gifted players. It'll never happen but I'd like to see it even if it was for twenty minutes with Bannan, Joey and Reach as the 3 men in midfield.

Dear Mr Spike,

I would like to invite you to a meeting with myself and the Personnel Officer.

Yours sincerely

Night Shift Manager

• Haha 3

————————————————————-Cammy——————————————————————

Joao——————————————————-Bannan—————————————————-Borukov

—————————Wildsmith———————————————————-Fox———————————

Lees———————————-Reach———————————-Fletcher——————————-Pelupessy

———————————————————Thorniley——————————————————————

3-2-4-1 formation

The thing is Derby play 433 with two wide attackers playing on the touch lines and Marriott as a lone striker.

Normally we would go 4 at the back because if we play 3 centre halfs we end up with our full backs deep as well, and 3 centre halfs for their one striker while being outnumbered in midfield.

However Derby sometimes score for fun while we appear to ship goals with a back four.

However I think we have good enough defenders to play a back four. The problem is we sit far too deep, and do it with the lightweight duo of Joey and Bannan playing kamikaze short passes in front of the defence.

I expect us to go for a dour defensive 3 at the back with Reach given the nonsense job of “marking “ Huddlestone while we make Richard Keogh look like Beckenbauer.

I would prefer us to go 433 and play 25 yards higher up the pitch so we could press them rather than what will actually happen, them pressing us in our own half for 90 mins 

21 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

The thing is Derby play 433 with two wide attackers playing on the touch lines and Marriott as a lone striker.

Normally we would go 4 at the back because if we play 3 centre halfs we end up with our full backs deep as well, and 3 centre halfs for their one striker while being outnumbered in midfield.

However Derby sometimes score for fun while we appear to ship goals with a back four.

However I think we have good enough defenders to play a back four. The problem is we sit far too deep, and do it with the lightweight duo of Joey and Bannan playing kamikaze short passes in front of the defence.

I expect us to go for a dour defensive 3 at the back with Reach given the nonsense job of “marking “ Huddlestone while we make Richard Keogh look like Beckenbauer.

I would prefer us to go 433 and play 25 yards higher up the pitch so we could press them rather than what will actually happen, them pressing us in our own half for 90 mins 

Me too, but we could remedy that by simply switching Hector to form a shield in front of the back four, allowing Bannan, Pelupessy and Reach to create further up the field

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Me too, but we could remedy that by simply switching Hector to form a shield in front of the back four, allowing Bannan, Pelupessy and Reach to create further up the field

We have tried this a couple of times,  Kept doing it at Villa and Boro at home when they played Assombolonga as a lone striker .

It does help but only if we commit to pushing the back four further up.