Half season tickets

Guest Theboylangers
1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he's been a S/T holder for years ,he was 65 in august but they wouldn't sell him a season ticket coz he missed the cut off date (4th august) for OAP's by 10 days …..he was happy to pay the full price for the one game he wasn't an OAP but the club said no …..he's only been a regular for 56 years but they thought they rinse just  a bit more out of him .

Rules are rules I suppose. 

The way they've been applied in this case seems open to question for the sake of a few days. My phone broke and I wasn't due an upgrade for another week, my mobile provider let me off and upgraded me as they could see from the database that I was a loyal longstanding customer.

We're all family aren't we except when it suits and then we're customers....

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he's been a S/T holder for years ,he was 65 in august but they wouldn't sell him a season ticket coz he missed the cut off date (4th august) for OAP's by 10 days …..he was happy to pay the full price for the one game he wasn't an OAP but the club said no …..he's only been a regular for 56 years but they thought they rinse just  a bit more out of him .

Shocking treatment and DC doesnt understand why the fans arent happy. Customers should be treated with respect and the club seems to have lost the empathy that MM brought back to the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

That's shocking. :sad:  What the hell's happened to us ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

Yea, seems harsh but I suppose you've got to have a cut off point.

If you bend the rules for this guy someone else will come along and say "well surely I should be able to have one 'cos my birthday

is only 10 days after torryowls mate"

And so on and so on.......

With a fan base as large as ours you woud soon be getting an OAP's ticket for your 21st.lol

• Haha 1

I only missed the cut-off by 1894 days.  Been a ST holder for 41 years.  Made me pay full whack.  The club should hang their heads in shame.

PS.  If MM hadn't changed the age limit for a senior ticket, I'd have one now.

4 hours ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

When do they go on sale? 

Will anyone be mad enough to buy one?

Whats he going to charge?

They’re changing the format and you get to go to every game, but have to leave a half time. 

It means and the customers go home happier than usual. 

Sorry, but this is controversial.

But, I don’t see why OAP’s automaticly get concessions.

When I reach OAP status I will never have had more disposable income. Massively more.

Certainly more than a young couple with kids would normally have.

Anyone who provided for their old age - a company/employment pension, savings and the state pension, is quids in. Loads have no mortgage too. I don’t have a mortgage.

Don't understand this obsession with giving gratuities to pensioners above and beyond the norm.

Sure - Some aren’t well off - but that goes for all demographics of society. Can’t see why they should be an exception to the rule personally.

3 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

When I reach OAP status I will never have had more disposable income. Massively more.

Anyone who provided for their old age - a company/employment pension, savings and the state pension, is quids in. Loads have no mortgage too. I don’t have a mortgage.

Don't understand this obsession with giving gratuities to pensioners above and beyond the norm.

Sure - Some aren’t well off - but that goes for all demographics of society. Can’t see why they should be an exception to the rule personally.

If you’ve supported Wednesday for that long, you should get some compensation for the misery you’ve had to endure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

If you’ve supported Wednesday for that long, you should get some compensation for the misery you’ve had to endure. 

I dont begrudge anyone anything.

Good luck. And, I dont want to start a race to the bottom.

But it’s not true when most people claim pensioners are poor - a lot aren’t. Most have neve4 had as much.

Its the  kids with young families, and mortgages, I feel sorry for. Are they going to get in for £13:00 a ticket?

10 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I'm 71 and I actually agree with this.  I'm much richer than when I was younger and paying mortgage, plus feeding wife and kids.

Maybe it's recompense for 60 years of watching (mainly) tosh, including about 30 years risking pneumonia on an uncovered Kop.

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

I dont begrudge anyone anything.

Good luck. And, I dont want to start a race to the bottom.

But it’s not true when most people claim pensioners are poor - a lot aren’t. Most have neve4 had as much.

Its the  kids with young families, and mortgages, I feel sorry for. Are they going to get in for £13:00 a ticket?

Reasonable family tickets (1 adult 1 child, 1 adult 2 child, etc) with a drink and good included should be available. 

E.g

£35 - 1 adult 1 child - 2 pies and 2 soft drinks 

£50 - 1 adult 2 child - 3 pies and 3 soft drinks

And so on...

Need to encourage a future generation

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

I'm 71 and I actually agree with this.  I'm much richer than when I was younger and paying mortgage, plus feeding wife and kids.

Maybe it's recompense for 60 years of watching (mainly) tosh, including about 30 years risking pneumonia on an uncovered Kop.

There should be fair pricing for all.

I wouldn’t embarrass myself in going just because I’d reached OAP age even if it was £13:00 a week - if I hadn’t been going at the higher prices. 

£40:00 a game in the South as a POTG customer or £13:00 a game as an OAP S/T holder. The discrepancy is staggering.

I know for a fact that some OAP’s on here have supported the Clubs high pricing policy - even though, they themselves, weren’t even paying the higher prices.

Used to grind my gears.