Half season tickets

17 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

There should be fair pricing for all.

I wouldn’t embarrass myself in going just because I’d reached OAP age even if it was £13:00 a week - if I hadn’t been going at the higher prices. 

£40:00 a game in the South as a POTG customer or £13:00 a game as an OAP S/T holder. The discrepancy is staggering.

I know for a fact that some OAP’s on here have supported the Clubs high pricing policy - even though, they themselves, weren’t even paying the higher prices.

Used to grind my gears.

I don't feel embarrassed for shelling out £315 for a season ticket .I felt a bit wazzed of paying £550 last season but I did it anyway …….if some old boy decides that he can scrape together the OAP price and thinks I fancy going back to Hillsboro now that they are charging a reasonable price why would you think he should feel embarrassed ?....

24 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I wouldn’t embarrass myself in going just because I’d reached OAP age even if it was £13:00 a week - if I hadn’t been going at the higher prices. 

£40:00 a game in the South as a POTG customer or £13:00 a game as an OAP S/T holder. The discrepancy is staggering.

I know for a fact that some OAP’s on here have supported the Clubs high pricing policy - even though, they themselves, weren’t even paying the higher prices.

Used to grind my gears.

Agreed.  My 3 year ST as a senior in North Stand works out at just under £11 a game.  Bargain.

My son has to pay £30-£40 a game if he wants to come with me.  Seems unfair to me.  I want to see us with 30,000 every week.

1 hour ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Yea, seems harsh but I suppose you've got to have a cut off point.

If you bend the rules for this guy someone else will come along and say "well surely I should be able to have one 'cos my birthday

is only 10 days after torryowls mate"

And so on and so on.......

With a fan base as large as ours you woud soon be getting an OAP's ticket for your 21st.lol

Surly common sense should be used. Something that our world has forgot exist. 

Just now, torryowl said:

I don't feel embarrassed for shelling out £315 for a season ticket .I felt a bit wazzed of paying £550 last season but I did it anyway …….if some old boy decides that he can scrape together the OAP price and thinks I fancy going back to Hillsboro now that they are charging a reasonable price why would you think he should feel embarrassed ?....

Good for you - but I won’t be changing my views viz a viz attending just because it suddenly becomes £13:00 a game when previously it was in the forties. If you’ve always attended and the Club are giving a windfall - good for you. Good luck.

And, if I was suddenly paying £13:00 a game - I wouldn’t suddenly agree with the Clubs pricing policy (not that you have BTW).

I wouldn’t want to be subsidised by people who probably have even less than me - at the expense of the poor sods paying POTG.

I’ll have more disposable income than I could ever have dreamed of, when I get to 65/66. No mortgage and no kids.

I don’t want or need charity or, to be subsidised by anyone less well off than me.

I’ll pay my own way, if the pricing is fair for me, and everyone.

I don’t really understand your mates point if he wasn’t of an OAP age when the season started - or those who say the Club have behaved disgracefully.

Its not very often that I support the Club - but in this instance, they were correct.

14 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Agreed.  My 3 year ST as a senior in North Stand works out at just under £11 a game.  Bargain.

My son has to pay £30-£40 a game if he wants to come with me.  Seems unfair to me.  I want to see us with 30,000 every week.

£11:00 a game? Seriously.

No offence to you, but that’s a disgrace when the Club is asking  POTG’ers for £30:00-£40:00 a game.

Good luck to you - but I can’t agree with it. Even if I became a beneficiary.

Divide and conquer. 

And, some on here supported the POTG pricing.

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

Good for you - but I won’t be changing my views viz a viz attending just because it suddenly becomes £13:00 a game when previously it was in the forties. If you’ve always attended and the Club are giving a windfall - good for you. Good luck.

And, if I was suddenly paying £13:00 a game - I wouldn’t suddenly agree with the Clubs pricing policy (not that you have BTW).

I wouldn’t want to be subsidised by people who probably have even less than me - at the expense of the poor sods paying POTG.

I’ll have more disposable income than I could ever have dreamed of, when I get to 65/66. No mortgage and no kids.

I don’t want or need charity or, to be subsidised by anyone less well off than me.

I’ll pay my own way, if the pricing is fair for me, and everyone.

I don’t really understand your mates point if he wasn’t of an OAP age when the season started - or those who say the Club have behaved disgracefully.

Its not very often that I support the Club - but in this instance, they were correct.

so your saying if you cant afford to go when it's  550 quid  you shouldn't go when £ 315 ……...

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

No offence to you, but that’s a disgrace when the Club is asking  POTG’ers for £30:00-£40:00 a game.

Divide and conquer. 

I got my granddaughter a season ticket that works out £1 game instead of the 230 quid it would cost if she paid on the day for every game  …..do you think that's wrong ,I mean she has no overheads and seem to have plenty of disposable income .

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

so your saying if you cant afford to go when it's  550 quid  you shouldn't go when £ 315 ……...

When have I said that?

Ive said that on principle - if I’ve refused to go because I won’t pay his extortionate POTG prices, then, I won’t suddenly start going, because it’s £13:00 a week. That would make me an hypocrite.

I can easily afford POTG - not paying it out of principle. And, that the £13:00 a week is subsidised by the POTG’ers.

But I’ve also said that if you’ve always gone - and the Club have given you this gift - good luck to you.

And, finally it’s not OAP’s that should be subsidised - if they have had reasonable jobs (when people had company pensions) then they probably have more disposable income than anyone else. I will have.

I realise that not all OAPS are rich. But neither are other age groups. Divorced/widowed/single parents, low waged?

Dont see why they should be a particular exception.

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I got my granddaughter a season ticket that works out £1 game instead of the 230 quid it would cost if she paid on the day for every game  …..do you think that's wrong ,I mean she has no overheads and seem to have plenty of disposable income .

Are you trying to be obtuse?

Has she got a private pension, free bus pass, TV licence, winter fuel allowance and a guaranteed state pension?

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

Sorry, but this is controversial.

But, I don’t see why OAP’s automaticly get concessions.

When I reach OAP status I will never have had more disposable income. Massively more.

Certainly more than a young couple with kids would normally have.

Anyone who provided for their old age - a company/employment pension, savings and the state pension, is quids in. Loads have no mortgage too. I don’t have a mortgage.

Don't understand this obsession with giving gratuities to pensioners above and beyond the norm.

Sure - Some aren’t well off - but that goes for all demographics of society. Can’t see why they should be an exception to the rule personally.

Hi DC 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Are you trying to be obtuse?

Has she got a private pension, free bus pass, TV licence, winter fuel allowance and a guaranteed state pension?

no but she's being subsidised by the pay on the dayers which you seem strongly against …….I would dispute the pensioners are subsidised by those that pay on the day ...I pay 315 but some will pay £415 to sit in the south …….which is more than someone who pays on the day for 10 /12 games coughs up . 

32 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

When have I said that?

Ive said that on principle - if I’ve refused to go because I won’t pay his extortionate POTG prices, then, I won’t suddenly start going, because it’s £13:00 a week. That would make me an hypocrite.

I can easily afford POTG - not paying it out of principle. And, that the £13:00 a week is subsidised by the POTG’ers.

But I’ve also said that if you’ve always gone - and the Club have given you this gift - good luck to you.

And, finally it’s not OAP’s that should be subsidised - if they have had reasonable jobs (when people had company pensions) then they probably have more disposable income than anyone else. I will have.

I realise that not all OAPS are rich. But neither are other age groups. Divorced/widowed/single parents, low waged?

Dont see why they should be a particular exception.

I could afford the potg but when he put it up to 40 quid theres no way I would pay that so bought a season ticket for 550 that works out around  23 quid a game ...I never thought I was being subsidised by those that paid the full whack and I don't now either …..

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

Divide and conquer. 

you are awfully moralistic for somebody who won't pay to go

9 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Used to grind my gears.

Absolutely

It's a case of feed the family or pay 40 quid for what is at the moment, dross. There has to be some entertainment value, blind loyalty doesn't cut it when there's mouths to feed.

On one end you have student discount, on the other oap... the person in the middle, that you really want to keep is the supporter that stayed loyal after the student years.

But the club, as in many things, gives them the royal fist up the jacksy

Edited by quinnssweetshop