Sheffield Derby- A neutrals view

I too was embarrassedtill I watched the Manchester derby and that made me feel better.  (Oh and before anyone starts I am not comparing United to Man City or us to Man Utd, its just that derbies are strange games).

How much of a moral victory is it when you have to go 6-3-1 to achieve that clean sheet?

cant see how its somink to build on, we have to prove we can get a clean sheet in a game were we are trying to score also.

lets say we concede in our next two games, then pick loads of defensive players with a defensive formation and get another clean sheet in the next game, is that progress?

until we can shut teams out, while at the same time getting involved in trying to win a game... im not convinced.

8 hours ago, bradowl said:

Had a read of toy town mad forum earlier, no way are they paying £33, it's a rip off. 

They've only been taking 200 to 600 most away games but they've already sold 700+ for visit to Hillsborough. 

So they were happy to pay £27 for a Blackburn ticket and coach will have been about £20 = £47 

£33 ticket for S6 plus a £5 day saver ticket on bus (X78 of course) = £38  Too expensive. :carlos:

yer they make me laugh . £33 aint that high only slightly above the average in championship. they are a very poorly supported club who have to borrow supporters when they go to Wembley . its there cup final when they come to us 

8 hours ago, bradowl said:

Had a read of toy town mad forum earlier, no way are they paying £33, it's a rip off. 

They've only been taking 200 to 600 most away games but they've already sold 700+ for visit to Hillsborough. 

So they were happy to pay £27 for a Blackburn ticket and coach will have been about £20 = £47 

£33 ticket for S6 plus a £5 day saver ticket on bus (X78 of course) = £38  Too expensive. :carlos:

Surely they could get on the Rotherham Owls bus at the Bag Inn for just a little bit more WTF: 

If there’s a few of us in the pub, and we get them to put the Wednesday game on, it’s groans all around Most of the non Wednesday supporting lads say we are the most boring team in the league to watch. Thinking about the games I’ve seen on tv this season, it’s hard to argue

20 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

My mate who is a Leeds fan said an awful game and it could have carried on all weekend and ended 0-0 barring a penalty or a fluke.

He gave us, in the circumstances, a moral(e) victory.

Hope he enjoyed the WBA game following evening, it was a cracker. :tango:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

If there’s a few of us in the pub, and we get them to put the Wednesday game on, it’s groans all around Most of the non Wednesday supporting lads say we are the most boring team in the league to watch. Thinking about the games I’ve seen on tv this season, it’s hard to argue

it's not about entertaining the TV viewers it's about grinding out results and until the recent 4 game losing run we were pretty good at doing that . …..

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

it's not about entertaining the TV viewers it's about grinding out results and until the recent 4 game losing run we were pretty good at doing that . …..

Not good enough for me I’m afraid Don’t want to be paying 40 quid to watch all that nonsense

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

If it's come to that; and the manager certainly thinks so, it's a sad reflection on the club as a whole.

We are not a good team to watch; probably haven't been for two years, but wins held us together. Once wins are put at risk by extreme defensive tactics; attempting a clean sheet at all costs, we are going drift even further in to the not good to watch pile.

It's an entertainment business - it's not 1974/75 when it was painful but at least cheap. We are in very clear danger of becoming a boring team and fans will start to drift away.

1 hour ago, Animis said:

If it's come to that; and the manager certainly thinks so, it's a sad reflection on the club as a whole.

We are not a good team to watch; probably haven't been for two years, but wins held us together. Once wins are put at risk by extreme defensive tactics; attempting a clean sheet at all costs, we are going drift even further in to the not good to watch pile.

It's an entertainment business - it's not 1974/75 when it was painful but at least cheap. We are in very clear danger of becoming a boring team and fans will start to drift away.

it's not an entertainment business it's about results ….if any of the big 6 clubs just played in an entertaining way and finished 7th the manager would be sacked , play a tight game and win the league and they'd be on a whacking great bonus in it for the manager .  

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

On 14/11/2018 at 13:40, sonofbert2 said:

My mate who is a Leeds fan said an awful game and it could have carried on all weekend and ended 0-0 barring a penalty or a fluke.

He gave us, in the circumstances, a moral(e) victory.

Hope he enjoyed the WBA game following evening, it was a cracker. :tango:

I watched it in a bar in Tenerife and a couple sat on the next table were Leeds fans and to be fair they wanted us to win.

After the game he said to me 'How can you pay to watch that week in week out'.

I just winked and smiled at him the night after, 4 times.

• Haha 1