Perspective - This is a Major Rebuild & Jos Needs Time

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I want it before now - your just a shill of the club how much are they paying you?  

If we don't get 6 points next game then we want a Wednesday employee burnt at the stake.  

I'm gonna Scweem Scweem and Scweem

£40k a week mate. 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We are being charge premier league prices for shocking football.  I think fans have every right to be pi55ed off.

It's a fair point, but also got bugger all to do with Jos. Perhaps even a testament to the size of Jos' balls, as he's not letting it get in the way of what he deems necessary, despite it resulting in the fans getting on his back. 

End of the day, as long as we do enough to stay in this division, I have no complaints over not playing overpaid wasters who won't be playing a part in the upcoming seasons. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, torres said:

Are we any better after 1 year and a full pre season in charge? 

Do we have the same players though?

Through losing players to long term injury or just leaving the club, without being able to replace, we've got a weaker and less experienced squad. So no, we're not better, but how could we be? And how is that the managers fault? Basically I agree with the OP, to which I'd add that not one of us really knows what the situation is with respect to players contracts or bonuses. There are rumours that Westy will have a new contact triggered if he plays a couple more games, presumably on increased wages at a time when we need to be cutting costs. I don't know how true that is, but I often wonder if there is more to the absence of some of our players than Jos's stubbornness. In any case, if Hutch, Jones and Boyd are the answer, christ knows what the question is..........

46 minutes ago, LittleG said:

A lot of the points you raise are valid but don't forget the flip side. We have not moved forward at all since his reign began.....

How on earth can we move forward when we've lost experienced players, we can't afford replacements, and we may yet need to sell one or more of our few saleable players, again without being able to replace.......

I can't understand how people don't see that.

The utter conundrum that Jos finds himself in is that we have no choice but to move backwards, yet not so far back that we get relegated. I don't know if he'll be succesful, but I have no doubt that his replacement will have just as big a struggle to balance the fans demands with financial reality.

And BTW. So many complaints about our defensive and negative tactics on Friday, yet people are calling for the appointment of Mick McCarthy. Say what???

Great opening post

In jos we trust 

*except when he’s dropping boll*cks left right and centre. Doesn’t know his best side after 11 months. Changes the defence every game. Has us looking like a pub side hanging on for a draw in a Sheffield derby 

19 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Do we have the same players though?

Through losing players to long term injury or just leaving the club, without being able to replace, we've got a weaker and less experienced squad. So no, we're not better, but how could we be? And how is that the managers fault? Basically I agree with the OP, to which I'd add that not one of us really knows what the situation is with respect to players contracts or bonuses. There are rumours that Westy will have a new contact triggered if he plays a couple more games, presumably on increased wages at a time when we need to be cutting costs. I don't know how true that is, but I often wonder if there is more to the absence of some of our players than Jos's stubbornness. In any case, if Hutch, Jones and Boyd are the answer, christ knows what the question is..........

Not much in it mate, we’ve lost Loovens, Venancio, Wallace and Rhodes from the 18 on duty last time around  Everyone else are still available, plus Pelupessy Onomah and Hector

No one is doubting that a major rebuild is needed but you can’t trust it with the wrong manager

Should we have trusted the 2002 rebuild with Terry Yorath? Nope 

Should we have trusted the 2010 rebuild with Alan Irvine? Err no

We need someone who we can all get behind and believe in. Jos isn’t the man

Would giving 30 odd years olds extended terms help us going to to next season when we're trying to save money?

Would it not stop us bringing in any fresh faces?

You have to suspect it would also force us to look at cashing in on the Crown Jewels like Bannan, Fernando and Reach to bolster other areas instead. Which would be a far harsher blow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Maybe that might be how he takes things forward from here. The old adage of building from the back still applies.

Building from the back id OK, if we actually get out of our half, playing 6 defenders and having Fletcher as the only person allowed to go into oppositions half will get us 46 points a season and relegation

Some excellent points on the OP.

However, I can understand if Jos has decided to not select the old guard & go with the youngsters but it shouldn't be done to the detriment of our league position, dressing room harmony & causing supporters negativity.

If he's going to discount a number of players he should at least be picking the best ones of those left available & playing them in their best positions with a consistent system & tactics to suit their abilities.  If he's not going to do that then it's a Jos out for me.

Edited by mogbad

Why does it have to be a major rebuild? Surely it’s not necessary, and puts us at the risk of relegation. Yes players, most of whom are out of contract, need to leave, we understand that. It maybe that a couple of our better players also may have to leave. While they are here though, if they can be of use to us, use them, we are paying them. This should be a managed transition, flooding the squad with kids will only see us struggle Most of them are not ready to step up

Its a mess init 

Nothing to say a new face would make much difference this season , if we get close to the bottom though after new year then fresh imputes  of a manager may be needed . 

Who knows what constraints Jos is working under . 

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Its a mess init 

Nothing to say a new face would make much difference this season , if we get close to the bottom though after new year then fresh imputes  of a manager may be needed . 

Who knows what constraints Jos is working under . 

The question I keep asking myself is what has improved under him? 

What stamp has he put on the club in his time here? 

Are we more attacking? Are we more solid? Are we fitter or more hard working?

Do we have a brand of football, a style, a system? 

Are we progressing as a team?

The answer i give to all of these are no.